What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Queensland Dolphins

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
This is a myth worth busting.

The club's name isn't and has never been, since announced as team 17, The Dolphins', it has always been 'Dolphins'.

Whether that is right or wrong...?

But 'The' is not part of their official name just like 'The' is not part of the Melbourne Storm or the Canberra Raiders or the Las Vegas Raiders or the Grasshopper Club Zurich, or if your changing names, the Queensland Dolphins official name.

If they were 'The Dolphins' we would be saying the The Dolphins.

As I said, not having a geographical name may be a problem for some, but they are not 'The'.

MugaB

Coach

The club's name isn't and has never been, since announced as team 17, The Dolphins', it has always been 'Dolphins'.

But 'The' is not part of their official name just like 'The' is not part of the Melbourne Storm or the Canberra Raiders or the Las Vegas Raiders or the Grasshopper Club Zurich, or if your changing names, the Queensland Dolphins official name.

As I said, not having a geographical name may be a problem for some, but they are not 'The'.
I like sunshine state dolphins, kinda think they went with "the" just to have something to build to, coz if they started with sunshine state dolphins, most arsebandits would have been cracking jokes like they have already regarding everything theyve done already

Perth Red

Post Whore

You’d best tell them then as by capitalising ‘The‘ they clearly are using it as part of their name!

23DB3642-0106-46B0-9787-8A71655A6010.jpeg

Perth Red

Post Whore
Went to a lot of effort for someone who's not even a Dolphins fan..🤔
On the other side of the country..
Very trollish...
Not really, 60secs of my life, i can afford it.
To say ‘The’ hasnt been linked to their name is a false eloquence and just showing that the club themselves have done so in some very public places. It might not be in their title but is is being used, and sounds stupid.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
You’d best tell them then as by capitalising ‘The‘ they clearly are using it as part of their name!

View attachment 67429
Once more incorrect. Official site:

Screenshot of official site:

Screenshot_20221015_154110.jpg
Capitalisation doesn't make anything official, for example you are The Clown of the forum, that doesn't make it an official title although it probably should be.

MugaB

Coach
The weird thing being that I could have sworn that before they were admitted, they stated that they were going to ask the fans via a poll to select the name. That would have been a fine way of doing it.
They did, not sure what the end poll looked like, but i was in favour of sunshine state as soon as i saw it.. plus when i saw the foxsports article stating they had bought the name for the bid... i thought it was perfect.. a bit like golden state warriors in the NBA

Gobsmacked

Bench
Not really, 60secs of my life, i can afford it.
To say ‘The’ hasnt been linked to their name is a false eloquence and just showing that the club themselves have done so in some very public places. It might not be in their title but is is being used, and sounds stupid.
I don't believe that the " the" officially exists in the NRL , much like the Perth reds don't exists.

Colk

First Grade
They did, not sure what the end poll looked like, but i was in favour of sunshine state as soon as i saw it.. plus when i saw the foxsports article stating they had bought the name for the bid... i thought it was perfect.. a bit like golden state warriors in the NBA

Sunshine state would have been fine. The area that they are wanting to target, which seems to be Moreton Bay all the way up to Sunshine Coast, there isn’t really a name for; so they may as well have gone for something as all encompassing as possible - Sunshine State, South Queensland etc

Perth Red

Post Whore
Sheesh, never said it was used all the time or officially, but a quick google literally brought up “The Dolphins” lol and that’s exactly what many fans and some reporters have been using. Dumb name choice, just admit it everyone lol.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Sheesh, never said it was used all the time or officially, but a quick google literally brought up “The Dolphins” lol and that’s exactly what many fans and some reporters have been using. Dumb name choice, just admit it everyone lol.
Lol. But you use it repeatedly as a point of ridicule lol.

Perth might get a team one day, bitter man.

Lol.

Gobsmacked

Bench
Almost like you’re Trying to derail the thread with this comment?
What are you doing man? Seriously?
It's servers no purpose to try and find fault in the Dolphins brand.
What's the point?
Undermine a Rugby league brand?
It's hard to argue against you being an AFL troll at this point.

Latest posts