What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Queensland Maroons 2020

davi

Juniors
Aj Brimson completely outplayed Kalyn Ponga tonight. I think they will pick Ponga for fullback, but on form Brimson is playing better. Jarrod Wallace has been going well too. But he sometimes to trigger happy on those offloads and needs to learn when to pass it and when to retain possession.

ALX25

Bench
My prospective side. Have left three spots vacant as still undecided. Definitely very short in the backs.

Backs

AJ Brimson, Daly Cherry-Evans, Valentine Holmes, Cameron Munster, Dane Gagai, Kalyn Ponga, Hymel Hunt, Enari Tuala, Kurt Capewell, Ronaldo Mulitalo, Corey Oates, ?, ?

Forwards
Jai Arrow, Moeaki Fotuaika, Harry Grant, Josh McGuire, Patrick Carrigan, Reed Mahoney, Jake Friend, Lindsay Collins, Josh Papalii, Christian Welch, Felise Kaufusi, Tino Fa'asuamaleaui, Jaydn Su'a, ?

Will David Fifita be fit?

No room for Ben Hunt, Corey Norman, Jarrod Wallace or Joe Ofahengaue.

Jimmy-o

Juniors
My prospective side. Have left three spots vacant as still undecided. Definitely very short in the backs.

Backs

AJ Brimson, Daly Cherry-Evans, Valentine Holmes, Cameron Munster, Dane Gagai, Kalyn Ponga, Hymel Hunt, Enari Tuala, Kurt Capewell, Ronaldo Mulitalo, Corey Oates, ?, ?

Forwards
Jai Arrow, Moeaki Fotuaika, Harry Grant, Josh McGuire, Patrick Carrigan, Reed Mahoney, Jake Friend, Lindsay Collins, Josh Papalii, Christian Welch, Felise Kaufusi, Tino Fa'asuamaleaui, Jaydn Su'a, ?

Will David Fifita be fit?

No room for Ben Hunt, Corey Norman, Jarrod Wallace or Joe Ofahengaue.
Phil Sami and Francis Molo could be decent options.

fourplay

Juniors
My team

1 AJ Brimson
2 Holmes
3 TBA
4.Gagai
5 Mulitalo
6 Munster
7 DCE
8 Arrow
9 Grant
10 Fotuaka
11. Papalii
12 Kaufusi
13 McGuire

14 Ponga
15 Tino
16 Welch
17 Su'a

Canard

Immortal
So WTF is happening with players training regimes, with no squad announced and no coach?

Considering the bulk of the squad will be made of players who haven't played for 6 weeks, are we going to see guys with guts and half cut run out for Origin 1??

Or is a "squad" of players been notified by others in the QRL and they haven't made it public yet?

Hoofhearted

Juniors
My team

1 AJ Brimson
2 Holmes
3 TBA
4.Gagai
5 Mulitalo
6 Munster
7 DCE
8 Arrow
9 Grant
10 Fotuaka
11. Papalii
12 Kaufusi
13 McGuire

14 Ponga
15 Tino
16 Welch
17 Su'a
I'm thinking Ponga at FB, AJ in the centres and as bad as he's been they'll pick Hunt at 14. Left field selections for the backs, there's an Origin legend who would be getting back near peak fitness ATM preparing to come out of retirement and also a former Maroon and Wallaby currently doing well in the Super League.

isaiah

Bench
I want gagai on the wing, Brimson in the centres if he has ever played there. Either Justin O’Neill or Philip Sami the other centre. Lindsay Collins only if one of Papali’i, Maguire, arrow, fotuaika, c.welsh, and big tino are out injured.

fourplay

Juniors
I'm thinking Ponga at FB, AJ in the centres and as bad as he's been they'll pick Hunt at 14. Left field selections for the backs, there's an Origin legend who would be getting back near peak fitness ATM preparing to come out of retirement and also a former Maroon and Wallaby currently doing well in the Super League.

Oh wow, forgot about Folau. I would pick him for sure if possible. The logistics with the 14 day quarantine might not allow it though.

Royce is King

Juniors
I have never backed against QLD in my life........ but its going to be tough this year..... no depth but this is my team with 8 rookies.
1. K.PONGA
2. D.GAGAI
3. K. CAPEWELL
4. C. ALLAN
5. P.SAMI
6. C.MUNSTER
7. D. CHERRY EVANS
13. J.ARROW
12. T.FAASUAMALEAUI
11. J.SU'A
10.C.WELCH
9. B.HUNT
8. J.PAPALII

14. A.J. BRIMSON
15. L. COLLINS
16. M.FOTUAKA
17. J.McGUIRE

NSW look so strong and have so much depth..... but this team is 2001 all over again I believe.

Tweed Titan

Bench
What a coup for Queensland getting Fotuaika to commit. He'll be super dependable for 10+ years if he steers clear of injuries

chrisD

Coach
Capewell looks 500kgs and has a sewn together knee, NSW centres and Teddy will murder him if he's defending at centre.

Latest posts