What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Queensland team for this year

chigurh

1. Slater
2. Boyd
3. Inglis
4. Hodges
5. Tate
6. Thurston
7. Cronk
8. Scott
9. Smith
10. McGuire
11. Myles
12. Thaiday
13. Parker

14. DCE
15. Papalii
16. Gillett
17. Teo/MQueen/Taylor

Personally I can't find a spot for both Teo and McQueen - i'd pick just one.

Taylor has been playing well but I just couldn't pick him given his history of poor performances for QLD and the errors he still has in his game. He still needs to tighten his game up.

Tayjack

Juniors
Chris McQueen???? Eg: Seriously 16 teams = 32 second rowers, not including bench. This bloke is not in the top 30 - never has been, and he won't come close to selection.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Chris McQueen???? Eg: Seriously 16 teams = 32 second rowers, not including bench. This bloke is not in the top 30 - never has been, and he won't come close to selection.

You didn't watch last year's series did you? McQueen was critical in taking the defensive burden from Thurston.

tmfsd

Juniors
Brenton Lawrence, get him in there! I hate Manly but rate the shit out of this guy.

Also wish another winger/fullback would stand up so we could give Boyd the arse

lockyno1

Post Whore
Brenton Lawrence, get him in there! I hate Manly but rate the shit out of this guy.

Also wish another winger/fullback would stand up so we could give Boyd the arse

Lawrence is zero chance this year. Boyd always plays well for QLD, same as Tate. They play.

isaiah

Bench
You didn't watch last year's series did you? McQueen was critical in taking the defensive burden from Thurston.

why would you leave out mcqueen? nrl form is not that important.
he did his job last year. qld over the decades has had a lot of those types. just do your job. not flashy, just effective.

interesting now about hannant. should mal choose him from q cup, if he stays there. is it all about contract negotiations? seemed to be playing well.

Meth

Staff member
Forgot about Jacob Lillyman. Could still be on the radar but doesn't get a starting spot in his club team and Origin may be past him.

Playing great football. Coming off the bench doesn't mean anything

Meth

Staff member
1. Slater
2. Tate
3. Hodges
4. Inglis
5. Boyd
6. Thurston
7. Cronk
8. Scott
9. Smith
10. Myles
11. Gillett
12. Thaiday
13. Parker

14. Cherry-Evans
15. Lillyman
16. McQueen
17. McGuire

Anyone picking Papalii in their team hasn't watched Canberra this year.

ranga68

Juniors
Anyone picking McGuire over Taylor didn't watch last nights game

I saw the game up nice and close and taylor ran at a half back all night who put him away a number of times, also watched taylor dropping the ball giving away stupid penalties. taylor made 9 tackles for 80 minutes. he also had a full forward pack other than bird. McGuire had Parker and Gillett. missing sam and ben hannant.
David Taylor 2nd Row 80 20 18 (152m) 1 9
Nate Myles Prop 2 74 16 13 (97m) 49
Josh McGuire Prop 1 53 17 15 (146m) 2 32

coldhardbitch

Juniors
After 9 years, I thought everyone would know enough about Mal to know what the team will be.

The team picked on Tuesday will be identical to the team that won game 3 last year. The only change will be an injury to Sam Thaiday, who looks set the be ruled out. I expect Kennedy will replace him, on the basis he has been 18th man for the past 2 origins. Regardless of Kennedy's club form this year, all signs point to him being the next forward off the ranks. It's always the way with Qld, that to play Origin you have to serve an apprenticeship of Emerging Origin camps, then play 18th man at least once. Then you will be ready to play.

By the same logic I expect Chambers to be the first back selected in the event of injury.

I also think Mal needs to pick someone like Lawrence as 18th man, as we need to blood some new forwards to give us some more depth. Milford's chance at 18th man can wait.

isaiah

Bench
1. Slater
2. Tate
3. Hodges
4. Inglis
5. Boyd
6. Thurston
7. Cronk
8. Scott
9. Smith
10. Myles
11. Gillett
12. Thaiday
13. Parker

14. Cherry-Evans
15. Lillyman
16. McQueen
17. McGuire

Anyone picking Papalii in their team hasn't watched Canberra this year.
not enough ben teo. i'd bet my left pill he will be selected.

Snappy

Coach
Yes he sticks with players who have done the business in the past. However you're kidding yourself if you think Kennedy is any chance.

I would bet everything I own on Kennedy not being anywhere near the squad

Latest posts