What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Queensland team for this year

BranVan3000

Coach
McQueen and Guerra. Of course none of them are small men, but there is only 1 recognised prop - Myles is a part timer.

What? McQueen and Guerra will be two of the biggest blokes on the field. Guerra is 193cm and 104kg, McQueen is 189 and 102kg. Neither is lacking for size

Charlie124

First Grade
I'd call Nate Myles a prop by now.

Pretty happy with the team although I'd have been tempted to put Bolton or Lillyman on the bench instead of Guerra.

Dazzat

First Grade
Chalmers and Friend 18th and 19th men. You would have though that a prop could have been named as back-up. Maybe there's some injuries we don't know about.

Is Brenton Lawrence definitely a Queenslander? He must have been close if so.

coldhardbitch

Juniors
No surprises there. How anyone can criticise the team is kidding themselves. Why would you change such a successful team? 9 straight coming up.

Charlie124

First Grade
Don't forget Ben Hannant either, been there before and while Griffin might not be pen pals with him, he's still a great prop

Iafeta

Referee
Yay for us. Lillyman has been in legendary form. Rather he misses so he play for the Warriors

the kirwan kid

Juniors
What? McQueen and Guerra will be two of the biggest blokes on the field. Guerra is 193cm and 104kg, McQueen is 189 and 102kg. Neither is lacking for size

They're not big guys at all. Big is guys like idris, kasiano, Williams etc. Luke Bailey - who is around McQueens size - came down for a run recently and he's similar build albeit taller and leaner than me (I'm 178cm , 102kgs and played prop last year) and is far from big.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Our pack is big enough, not as if NSW are going to be 'massive' as it is likely Gallen will play prop at stages. Tamou and Woods are big enough but that is the same as QLD having 2 starting props and having 2nd rowers/props as the rotations. Scott plays 70+ minutes, so why waste a bench spot on a prop. The question is whether Papali who can play on the edges and in the middle is better value to a McGuire who is purely a prop and a middle tier rotation. Not sure, but I trust the selectors who have won 8 in a row!

THE CHAMP

First Grade
My only concern is a lack of pace.
The nsw backline has plenty.
Hodges has slowed a lot.
Inglis less so but Tate and Slater have both lot a couple of yards.
Im confident in a win but we won't blow them off the park.

Pierced Soul

First Grade
i think its a prop too short. they'll swap parker to prop in stages but theres only really one genuine prop in the team. i think papalli should have been dropped and another prop (mcguire/lawrence) brought into the team. I think teo is lucky to be there given he's going to yawnion...

Pierced Soul

First Grade
Chalmers and Friend 18th and 19th men. You would have though that a prop could have been named as back-up. Maybe there's some injuries we don't know about.

Is Brenton Lawrence definitely a Queenslander? He must have been close if so.

friend is probably more about rewarding him and getting him into the system for succession planning. chambers you'd think would be there to cover hodges and any other outside backs who go down. a prop would have been a smart choice to have there too...

BranVan3000

Coach
They're not big guys at all. Big is guys like idris, kasiano, Williams etc. Luke Bailey - who is around McQueens size - came down for a run recently and he's similar build albeit taller and leaner than me (I'm 178cm , 102kgs and played prop last year) and is far from big.

Mobile backrowers are more valuable than heavy ones, most teams have started drifting towards that. They become an extra kicking option and need a bit of lateral mobility to plug holes when the defensive line gets stretched. Both Guerra and McQueen are good at this, and are probably the perfect balance in size, height and mobility

Latest posts