What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Question I asked Graham Hughes on 2SM !

bunnies

Juniors
If Parra are 4th & we are 5th, surely the game will be transferred to Telstra.
Parra have a heap of fans & we haven’t been in the finals for 18 years, it will be a huge 60000+ crowd instead of 30000 at Parra Stadium.
Graham said he’ll ask the question.

The Grandfinal has to be played at Telstra anyway.

What do you think ?

eels_fan_01

Bench
bunnies said:
Parra have a heap of fans & we haven’t been in the finals for 18 years, it will be a huge 60000+ crowd instead of 30000 at Parra Stadium.

What do you think ?

Firstly Parra stadium holds 20 thousand and secondiy your playing with yoursef if you think they woud get 60 thousand to the first week of the finals in Sydney, maybe in a premlary but not first week. I have nothing agaisnt it, there would be 40 thousand there.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Nice question Peter!!

answer: NO!!!

it will be our homeground and we lose the advantage that we've earned to play it there, we wouldn't expect the same with you guys if you were in a simialr situation..

NO!! NO!! NO!! NO!! NO!! NO!! f**ken NO!!

hope that clears it up.

Suitman

Post Whore
It's a tough one tbh bunnies.

The financial windfall for such a move would be spectacular (I assume Parra would receive the gates receipts).

Looking back at a decision by another club last weekend not to move their game due to "home ground advantage" and watching it backfire spectacularly, I tend to think it might not be a bad idea.
I think it's paramount that we give as many supporters as possible the chance to watch a game live. Yes, there will be sh*tloads of "Johny come latelys" but is that such a bad thing? We might even win some of them over permanently.

I'd be prepared to give it a shot. If we get beaten at Telstra, who's to say we wouldn't have got beaten at Parra?

I'd much rather attend a game with 50 000 people, than one with 20 000.

Suity

caylo

Bench
bunnies supporters annoy me real hard, they havn't made the finals in yonks and would want us to move a home ground advantage because it suits them. NO, i hope its at parramatta because i want 18000 parramatta fans and 4000 rabbits fans. It doesn't matter how much it would benifit the rabbits, it is our home ground advantage. I wonder if Manly would give up a brookie game because they could get more at telstra, or if we had a home ground advantage against the Dogs, why not move it to telstra, that would get 60000. It stupid idea and i would relay hate it if we were to move OUR home ground advantage.

TheParraboy

Staff member
Why have home ground advantage in the first place for a home semi?

How pumped would the eels players be on Sunday, if they get told, you win youre in the top 4, but wont be playing at Parra , that kinda is just not right

leave it as it is

eelz47

Coach
parra wouldnt move it. end of story

but if it did it would be a ripper of a crowd, because of the lack of finals going to be played in sydney this year(under the new rules). every man and his dog and pig will want to be their

was it back in 05 when parra vs cows in the prelim and tigers vs drag, that they wanted to swap the venues and it never happened???

B-Tron 3000

Juniors
Suitman said:
It's a tough one tbh bunnies.

The financial windfall for such a move would be spectacular (I assume Parra would receive the gates receipts).
Any club that gives up their home ground advantage for a few extra dollars is foolish.
Going further in the competition is worth more in the long run anyway.

Looking back at a decision by another club last weekend not to move their game due to "home ground advantage" and watching it backfire spectacularly, I tend to think it might not be a bad idea.
True, but the Tigers were soooooo poor that they didn't give their crowd a chance to become a factor.

Imagine if they scored to go 12-18 behind.

I think it's paramount that we give as many supporters as possible the chance to watch a game live. Yes, there will be sh*tloads of "Johny come latelys" but is that such a bad thing? We might even win some of them over permanently.
That's the only argument with merit, to which I say...

pfffft. Home ground advantage is more important.

I'd be prepared to give it a shot. If we get beaten at Telstra, who's to say we wouldn't have got beaten at Parra?
No-one. But we're surely more a chance at home.

I'd much rather attend a game with 50 000 people, than one with 20 000.
20 000 at Parra Stadium >>>>>>>>>>> daylight >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>50 000 at Telstra

TheParraboy

Staff member
eelz47 said:
but if it did it would be a ripper of a crowd, because of the lack of finals going to be played in sydney this year(under the new rules). every man and his dog and pig will want to be their

just goes to show you how many bandwagoner supporters there are in league

lets keep them happy at least once in the year eh? ;-)

bunnies

Juniors
Parra Stadium is the best veiwing gound in the state, I'm just think how great it would be for the players with a huge crowd.

B-Tron 3000

Juniors
bunnies said:
Parra Stadium is the best veiwing gound in the state, I'm just think how great it would be for the players with a huge crowd.
:lol: Good for your players, not ours.

Suitman

Post Whore
B-Tron 3000 said:
Any club that gives up their home ground advantage for a few extra dollars is foolish.
Going further in the competition is worth more in the long run anyway.

I understand that. But it's semi final time. We need to win anywhere.

B-Tron 3000 said:
True, but the Tigers were soooooo poor that they didn't give their crowd a chance to become a factor.

That is full of if's and but's.

B-Tron 3000 said:

We are marketing an industry with plenty of competition. Surely we should market it as well as possible. I believe that not looking at the big picture is shooting yourself in the foot, particularly with such debates as what the Pokies Tax is costing the club.

B-Tron 3000 said:
No-one. But we're surely more a chance at home.

Agreed, no doubt.

B-Tron 3000 said:

Not quite sure about that. 50 000 at Telstra provides a damned good atmosphere, particularly with two such passionate clubs as Parra and the Rabbitohs.

May I just add that you have replied with common sense arguments. I certainly think that the idea shouldn't be dismissed completely and selfishly. At least we could have a look at all avenues, and decide what is best for Parra first, and Rugby League in general.

Suity

Suitman

Post Whore
B-Tron 3000 said:
:lol: Good for your players, not ours.

Why not though? There may even be more Parra fans there than Rabbitohs.
Telstra hardly has a tradition amongst Souths fans, so really, I don't think there is that much home ground advantage for them anyway.

Besides, if we want to go further in this comp, is it not an advantage to us to actually play at a ground where we may play two more finals matches?
BTW, I'm just posing alternative views, without blinkers on.

Suity

B-Tron 3000

Juniors
Originally Posted by Suitman
Originally Posted by B-Tron 3000

That is full of if's and but's.
True, but I don't think it's that much of a stretch to suggest that Leichhardt would have been a help to them if they were in the game. Telstra certainly didn't do much to help them last night, with regards to atmosphere etc.

We are marketing an industry with plenty of competition. Surely we should market it as well as possible. I believe that not looking at the big picture is shooting yourself in the foot, particularly with such debates as what the Pokies Tax is costing the club.
As I said, it's a decent point. I just happen to disagree.

Besides, how many extra Parra fans would you really expect at Telstra for a week one semi? I doubt we'd see that many extra Parra fans. All we'd really be doing is allowing Souths fans more access (though they'll probably be so desperate to see this game they'll snap up all the bloody General public tickets to Parra stadium).

Not quite sure about that. 50 000 at Telstra provides a damned good atmosphere, particularly with two such passionate clubs as Parra and the Rabbitohs.
Telstra can be alright with 50 000 sometimes. Usually it sucks.

Even at full capacity it can be horrible sometimes.

Telstra hardly has a tradition amongst Souths fans, so really, I don't think there is that much home ground advantage for them anyway.
Yeah, but there is definitely one for us at Parra.

Besides, if we want to go further in this comp, is it not an advantage to us to actually play at a ground where we may play two more finals matches?
Absolutely. It might be good practice for future finals games.
Still, I'd prefer to give ourselves the best chance to get to future finals games.

Anyway, the Warriors will probably win and this will all be pointless.

eelz47

Coach
another thing, i am hoping tomorrows game is 20 000 ,

but i reckon we will be lucky to get 18 000 with our supporters

Dutchy

Immortal
bunnies said:

What do you think ?

Dumbass. Hughes has now put your number in the tit head database. Doubt he will ever take a call from you again.