What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Question on jerseys for babies...

Hellsy

Immortal
Hey Guys... my friend has a little 6 month old and he wants to get him his first jersey but can't seem to find baby sizes anymore, like 0.

Do they not make them? Understandable the babes grow out of them pretty quick so I could maybe see how the sales might not warrant keeping them on range... but yeah just thought I'd ask and see if anyone knew?

Ta muchly

Hels

Kornstar

Coach
We got my Daughters GF jersey when she was 3 months old (which is a size 0 i believe, so it was huge on her) from Best and Less.

I think Peter Wynns sells them too, not sure if he does in the off season though.

parra pete

Referee
:lol: The kids will grow out of them quick smart if my 12 month old grandson is any indication. Reckon you'd be better off getting him a beanie.
My daughter found a lady who knits footy scarves, booties and caps in Club colours for $12 I think.
She got Monte some black and white outfit for the local Clubs Grand Final down here. Looked good, but Grand Final day was too hot for him to wear them. Next season is too far away...
If you want, I'll find out off her the contact, and PM you Helen..

KMP08

Juniors
The new Eels store has opened at the football office over the road from the leagues club. It has all the 2010 gear, i saw some very small jerseys but didn't check the exact size.

Captain BF

Juniors
G'day Hellsy,

I bought the jersey in my avatar pic thingy from wally wynns. It was about $85 with the name put on it. It was a size zero.

Cheers!

Hellsy

Immortal
Ah awesome, thanks everyone!
Jimmy wants a real jersey for him, as like a keepsake memento as well so hopefully Wynnies will have one.

Cheers muchly :D :D

Hells go a size bigger, the neck line is very tight and hard to get over babies head. My wife cut the shoulder line and put in press studs to make it easier.

Hellsy

Immortal
Cools will mention that to Jimmy :thumb
He's prob gunna grow out of it so quick, but it is the whole 'first jersey' thing I think moreso for the proud Dad :lol:

Stackers

Juniors
Cools will mention that to Jimmy :thumb
He's prob gunna grow out of it so quick, but it is the whole 'first jersey' thing I think moreso for the proud Dad :lol:

Its such a Dad thing... We still have 5 weeks to wait til our bub is due but as soon as we knew he was a boy his first present from his Daddy was a Parramatta jersey, it is sitting there ready to be worn round 1, it is going to be huge but adorable!!

born an eel

Bench
it certainly is a dad thing, I got one for my daughter from the leagues club 18 months ago when she was 6 months old and had to have a proper stitched emblem type. My avatar is her first game.

It now looks great on one of her teddys and I hope she keeps it as a keep sake for her whole life. I wish I still had my first jumper but it was worn out as I only got mine at about 6 or 7 years of age and wore it everywhere.

The Engineers Room

First Grade
I made the mistake of wearing my jersey to work before the grandfinal and my 4 year old wanted a jersey. She had grown out of her earlier one and my wife could only find a size 10. It fit her like a dress but she wouldn't take it off all week. She will be wearing it when we go next season but I'd give her at least 4 years before it fits like it should.

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
I can still fit into my first jersey from when i was about 7/8 years old?? I was such a fat kid, haha!!

The Colonel

Immortal
The jersey Brennan wears to the games, the one with all the signatures, was his first jersey. A mile too big when I first got it and a few drink stains on the front but well worth the price of admission I must say. Still fits him reasonably well now - he certainly doesn't take after his dad - and he should get another year or two at least out of it.

He then has another one to wear when he grows out of it.

Suitman

Post Whore
The jersey Brennan wears to the games, the one with all the signatures, was his first jersey. A mile too big when I first got it and a few drink stains on the front but well worth the price of admission I must say. Still fits him reasonably well now - he certainly doesn't take after his dad - and he should get another year or two at least out of it.

He then has another one to wear when he grows out of it.

Hey Colonel,

When your current one passes its use by date, you could use it as a doona cover for Brennan's bed. Just a thought. ;-)

Suity