What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Question on Peter V'landys

PVL ...good for RL or not?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

The_Frog

First Grade
As for the NRL as a whole. Just past the halfway point of the year. 14th is only 2 wins from the 8th so it is just as competitive as ever just teams don't seem to back it up the following week after getting a win
It has always been thus. Teams that get a run of wins rise up the ladder. Teams that run 8th out of 16 win approximately half their games.

some11

Referee
I don’t have to ask. I can see them all posting in the game day threads, of games not involving their team, that they’re apparently not watching…
You do realise this is a rugby league forum. Only diehards post on here and a lot of them have the shits.

Imagine the ones that dont. I reiterate - the contest is dead most of the time. The on field product is suffering massively.

That being said no amount of opinion or demonstrative statistics are going to change your mind so agree to disagree.

Last edited:

THE CHAMP

First Grade
Mate, I can almost guarantee that if the Dogs weren't an absolute joke right now, you'd be watching.

This whole "It's so shit I don't even watch anymore" line is just plain silly - Most of the people saying this are still in the Game Day threads commenting on the games... that they apparently didn't watch... (not saying that you're in this group Aus_Dog, but most of the others are)

i used to watch all 3 games on fta I don’t have fox or kayo and never will. I have Netflix though
At no stage over the last few months have I watched all 3 games
Like I said I’m still watching but not as much.
I tried to watch that eels v tigers debacle a few couple of rounds back and couldn’t make it to halftime
I’m still pissed off about the bullshit 6 more call perenara created against the tigers.
The highlights are easily available on YouTube

You do realise this is a rugby league forum. Only diehards post on here and a lot of them have the shits.

Imagine the ones that dont. I reiterate - the contest is dead most of the time. The on field product is suffering massively.

That being said no amount of opinion or demonstrative statistics are going to change your mind so agree to disagree.

The game day threads to me were great to make the most of what were seemingly ordinary games most of the time… if it was a great game I’d be focussed on the TV for the most part, with the odd comment on the forums… the more I’d post would mean less focus on the tv…. Ie - I’m not really watching the game keenly, just amusing myself while it’s on…

Further to that, overwhelmingly most of the content is pisstakes, smart-arse comments, banter, but also frustration at the game.. not positive, endearing comments of the quality of football..

Game day threads could otherwise brighten up a dull spectacle… gogglebox for league (not that I’ve ever watched gogglebox for real..)..

People commenting in there doesn’t necessarily equate to quality of football, and in my case it was coz I needed something else to brighten the spectacle..

I haven’t been in there for weeks now though. Coz even that wasn’t curing my frustration and general lack of interest…

Last edited:
i used to watch all 3 games on fta I don’t have fox or kayo and never will. I have Netflix though
At no stage over the last few months have I watched all 3 games
Like I said I’m still watching but not as much.
I tried to watch that eels v tigers debacle a few couple of rounds back and couldn’t make it to halftime
I’m still pissed off about the bullshit 6 more call perenara created against the tigers.
The highlights are easily available on YouTube
Do you watch the 2pm Sunday Queensland Cup game on 9Now?

The games I've watched have been close contests. You can also watch the 2pm Saturday Queensland Cup game on Kayo Freebies for free.

Refs are deciding more games now then they ever have with the Russian roulette that is the six again rule and the inconsistencies in the head high crackdown.
I pay closer attention to the ruck than I ever have. When there’s a six again call I can usually pick it before I hear the call.

The trouble is I see the exact same thing a minute later that gets ignored.

As a supporter of rugby league I’ve never been more frustrated with the game.

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
I'm not going to sit here and be a Peter V'landys salesman, but if he delivers a deal for boutique rectangular stadia in Sydney so all clubs have a decent ground to play out of, delivers a second Brisbane team and then expands successfully to 18 teams from there (whether that be Perth or NZ2) then he's achieved more than any administrator I can remember.

BTW, I agree that he should stay out of changing the rules, they've got a head of football and rules committee for that (I assume those people had a say in the current state of things though?)

I'm not going to sit here and be a Peter V'landys salesman, but if he delivers a deal for boutique rectangular stadia in Sydney so all clubs have a decent ground to play out of, delivers a second Brisbane team and then expands successfully to 18 teams from there (whether that be Perth or NZ2) then he's achieved more than any administrator I can remember.

BTW, I agree that he should stay out of changing the rules, they've got a head of football and rules committee for that (I assume those people had a say in the current state of things though?)
He's done a pretty good job so far and is already the best leader we've had.

Vee

First Grade
Or any one of those three.

The Great Dane

First Grade
Your team is a basket case. It is normal to lose interest at such times.
For the majority of their existence the Raiders have been at best mediocre also-rans, before they existed I was a Bears fan, and I never lost interest in the sport until the last year or so.

Actually scratch that, I'm not the one that has lost interest in RL, it's the NRL that has.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Now you all know I’m no vlandys/Abdo fan club but credit where due it looks like they have landed a very good deal for nz tv rights. Big increase in value and some fta coverage of the big events.

Mark B

Juniors
PVL's pros:
- Not bald
- Networked with government, business and media
- Dictator
- Innovative

PVL's cons:
- Not bald
- Networked with government, business and media
- Dictator
- Innovative
Dunno about not being bald. I think he uses boot polish on his his noggin.

Latest posts