What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Queue to hire Barry Russell

Pedge1971

First Grade
Just saying. That's why Horrie Hastings never made the Kangaroos.

Yeah right. So now u are undoing your who Barry R never played for Aust so was not rated argument by admitting Muppet only got selected due to state politics....

Pedge1971

First Grade
He was less of an influence than Miller, ET, McGaw, Docking, even Hatch as captain.

Speechley was arguably the better player in the halves even.

Some serious revisionism going on in this thread.

He was part of a very strong Sharks era. Speechley won a Dally M and I thought he was an enormous player.

Not high rep quality but he was the best player in the comp that year.

No revision needed. Miller, Russell and Speechley had their hands in the ball more than Sparkles and ET. The fwds were handy but far from dominant those 3 made took the team to the minor premiership.

Not in that year clearly. Was Barba the best player in the game the year he won Dally M?

Is RTS now?
That’s my original point. The awards (RM or Dally M) don’t accurately reflect the best players.

This is getting a bit circular from some of you. :joy:

The players I nominated repped. Russell didn’t. That should tell you something.

Pedge1971

First Grade
That’s my original point. The awards (RM or Dally M) don’t accurately reflect the best players.

Prob missed your original point but still think he was way better than average as a footy player. As is Barba and RTS....

typicalfan

Coach

For the season....yes they are accurate. Especially RM. They reflect the best player over the course of the season.

Speechley didn't rep. Hatch didn't either. Doesn't make them average players or that they didnt deserve the success they had.

Latest posts