What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Quickest player race

gong_eagle

First Grade
Quickest player race

February 15, 2009
http://www.leaguehq.com.au/news/news/quickest-player-race/2009/02/14/1234028349284.html

The debate surrounding rugby league's fastest man may finally be settled in September, with plans to stage a 100-metre dash for cash during the finals, featuring the quickest men in the NRL.
A $10,000 match race between eight rugby league speedsters - including Michael Jennings, Shannon Walker and Ben Barba - was planned as part of the North Sydney Sprint Classic Carnival last December but the meet was cancelled due to torrential rain. Event organiser John Scott confirmed he was in negotiations to reschedule the race at the start of the finals series.
"It would create a great deal of interest," Scott said.
The fastest 40-metre time provided to the The Sun-Herald went to Titans fullback Walker. He covered the distance in 4.8 seconds, just 2/100ths of a second outside the club-record time he set last year. Jennings has been clocked at 4.85s over the distance, while his 60m time is 6.8s.
Barba would also have claims in any match race. The pint-sized pivot covers 40m in 4.91s. Wests Tigers centre Chris Lawrence also has impressive speed, posting 4.01s over 30m. Manly's Brett Stewart is one of league's genuine speed men, but wasn't measured over 40m this off-season.

RUNVS

Juniors
Let me guess, they just happened to get this amazing idea while watching the AFL Grand Final telecast :sarcasm:

gong_eagle

First Grade
How about A fastest props race too

George Rose
Michael Weyman
Ben Hannant
Fuifui Moimoi
Roy Asotasi
Jarrad Hickey
Petero Civoniceva

just to name a few

petetheileet

First Grade
Soward aint slow...dunno what his times are like but i think he would probably be the quickest in our club now that J Moz has left

aqua_duck

Coach
its not really hard to outrun those two
Sam Perrett is plenty quick and Wicks ran around him and left him for dead, then again the fat bastard would've still been fresh from bludging the whole match.

I'd give Aku Uate a chance but I reckon his build would be more suited for 100m. Walker would romp it in over 40, and I reckon Matt Bowen would be right up there also.

JB

Juniors
Sam Perrett is plenty quick and Wicks ran around him and left him for dead, then again the fat bastard would've still been fresh from bludging the whole match.

I'd give Aku Uate a chance but I reckon his build would be more suited for 100m. Walker would romp it in over 40, and I reckon Matt Bowen would be right up there also.

Sheesh. Even Steve Price was able to break from a scrum and catch him when he was he was away in that semi last year. Good winger but quick he aint.

profiveeighth

Juniors
Isnt danny wicks like..4th fastest at the knights or soemthing?

and when he scored that 40m try, didnt he also outrun minichiello?
that fat pig is comically fast:L:L

Dee

Juniors
Put a pie at the finish line and we'd soon see how quick those props really are!!:p

I reckon Bowen would have one of the quickest 40m times, he can get moving from a stop start so bloody quick! He wouldn't win the 100m race though, don't think he'd be far off the time though!