What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Quote - "Price Baffled By Dragons Slump"

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Why is he baffled its the same as its been for 2 years Price and the board are taking the piss out of us supporters.......

I totally agree Hazz
and these comments from Price.....

Price conceded he could not explain the club's slump after three straight wins had them on top of the NRL ladder just six weeks ago.

"It's a tough one to take," Price said of the six-try drubbing at the hands of last year's wooden spooners.

"We're training outstanding but I just can't put my finger on it at the moment... [It's] very frustrating.

"If I knew the answer we'd soon be going upwards from here.

NOT AS FRUSTRATING AS IT IS FOR US SUPPORTERS SON.....AND WE KNOW THE ANSWERS, AND YOUR THE PROBLEM.........honestly if he did utter these words then I give up.......that'll do me

dragonreddy

Juniors
PRICE keeps harking back to the 3 straight at the start of the season ,FMD ,WE played 3 teams that were ordinary and just scraped home in one game , someone needs to remind him that was 2 months ago and we have been shit since then, if we can see it and not just now but back at the start of the season why couldn't and cant he.He is definately on a different wavelength to everyone else.

PRICE keeps harking back to the 3 straight at the start of the season ,FMD ,WE played 3 teams that were ordinary and just scraped home in one game , someone needs to remind him that was 2 months ago and we have been shit since then, if we can see it and not just now but back at the start of the season why couldn't and cant he.He is definately on a different wavelength to everyone else.
He keeps talking about getting back to our structure too. My question is after three years, what f**king structure?

gregstar

Referee
it's the first time since '98 that we've conceded 30 or more in three consecutive matches.

furthermore - these are the only 2 occasions in our history that this has been done to us.

i'm hoping this current team doesn't want the sole leadership of this record.

it's the first time since '98 that we've conceded 30 or more in three consecutive matches.

furthermore - these are the only 2 occasions in our history that this has been done to us.

i'm hoping this current team doesn't want the sole leadership of this record.

G-star, I posted prevously, under Steve Prices' tenure, this team has set new records for low once a month for the past 2 1/2 years !

All the wrong records just keep on tumbling!!

I predicted the three wins in a row last year which preceded the extension of Steve Prices' coaching contract would be the highlight of our season - and it was.

This year looks exactly the same.

Steve Price was delluded believing that the 3 wins to mark the beginning of this season was on the back of great footy and a lasting return to form from 2010. The opposition was simply poor.

getsmarty

Immortal
Dragons cannot explain slaying

By ADAM PENGILLY

May 18, 2014, 7:33 p.m.

Parramatta’s Pauli Pauli celebrates his try in the 36-0 win over the Dragons on Saturday. GETTY IMAGES

DRAGONS - RUGBY LEAGUE
This time there were no theatrics or headline-grabbing assessments of his players being "soft", just an admission from a puzzled Steve Price he was at a loss to explain his side's insipid form.
"We're training outstanding . . . I just can't put my finger on it at the moment," coach Price mused after the Dragons were belted 36-0 by a resurgent Eels on Saturday afternoon. "If I knew the answer we would be going upwards.
"We need to have a really good hard look at ourselves at the moment. The only way to dig ourselves out of it is to stick together and by working hard - there's no quick fix."
Perhaps this is why the sceptics were guarded after the Dragons scorched to the top of the table after just three rounds. Since Gareth Widdop waved his magic wand over the Dragons in the opening month, St George Illawarra have slumped to six losses in their last seven matches.
Benji Marshall looks dejected after throwing a pass into touch. GETTY IMAGES

They've been outscored 108-20 in crushing defeats against the Roosters, Bulldogs and Eels, who chalked up their biggest win against the joint venture and also kept a side scoreless for the first time since 2009.
And it's why skipper Ben Creagh says the Dragons have lost "belief".
"You've got to [handle the pressure] playing first grade and I think there's a lack of belief there in the group which is hard to take at the moment," Creagh said. "We need to find something there to get us back because it's not good enough at the moment.
"We trained like geniuses all week and unfortunately we didn't play like that [against Parramatta]. We didn't handle the pressure at times and when you play first grade you've got to handle it."
Benji Marshall's hotly-anticipated St George Illawarra debut fell flat. Parachuted into the Dragons' halfback hot seat barely a week after inking a $1.1 million 2½-year deal, the former New Zealand Test captain couldn't be accused of a lack of effort.
In fact, he was probably guilty of too much effort. He was never going to be an overnight success with the Red V, but being guilty of four errors and the subject of Bronx cheers from rapturous Eels fans near full-time was an underwhelming start.
"I knew the expectation was going to be high, not only from St George Illawarra supporters but from everyone," said Marshall, whose most telling contribution was when he fumbled a miscued Mike Cooper pass for Corey Norman to race 80 metres and score.
r0_0_318_255_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg

"I probably let that dictate too much what I was doing out there trying to make the big play every time. Gaz [Widdop] didn't train the first two days of the week, so we didn't get a lot of time to put combinations together.
"There's definitely a lot of promise there and we probably need to regroup with the bye.
"I suppose on the bright side there's definitely plenty of improvement and I feel like I can be good."
See your ad here

He'll have to be if the Dragons are to get anywhere near the Rabbitohs after plotting a turnaround during the bye.
Parramatta coach Brad Arthur will have no such problems during the Eels' rest period.
"We haven't talked about goals and where we want to get to," he said. "Our goal is to get better on a weekly basis and keep working hard, but I think we need to be more ruthless."
Price can only wish his side were so lucky to have the same chance.

http://www.illawarramercury.com.au/story/2289851/dragons-cannot-explain-slaying/?cs=302

The Cobra

Juniors
"We're training outstanding."Are you kidding Price?I'm sure at training the boys are just running in to each other & stopping(much the same way our forwards do in games)they do not have 105-120kg behemoths running at them trying to actually cause physical pain & damage.Get your f**king head out of Dousts rear carriage,tender your resignation & let "our proud footy club" (sic)get someone to coach them that can put some steel back into our marshmellow forwards!

Acka

Coach

Last year we would've lost those games

Godz Illa

Coach

Datramp

Juniors
I could not believe the incompetence in that post game interview with price. 'We're training well', 'I can't put my finger on it'. It was dreadful. I would have preferred a Toovey or Stuart inspired type spray. A simple 'We were rubbish the last 3 weeks and have no excuses. We have identified these issues we need to work on' would have gone some way to helping the fans understand.

On the plus side Price did look like someone worried about his future. Another plus is with the bye Widdop and Marshall will have 2 weeks to work on their combinations before the massive Rabbitohs pack mauls us again.

I loved this paragraph from the linked guardian article

'Price assured the faithful that Benji Marshall would fit in well because “we’ve got the right structures and systems in place and that will continue”. Well, Marshall has slotted seamlessly into the Dragons’ structures and systems alright. Following on from their 34-14 loss to the Roosters two weeks ago and their 38-6 loss to the Bulldogs last week, the Dragons didn’t skip a beat on Saturday. With Benji on board for the first time, the Dragons lost 36-0 to Parramatta. Business as usual.'

Minh

First Grade
The only thing baffling is how the coach is not made accountable and how the heck he wasn't replaced with a new coach at the end of last year.

look, i used to be in Price's corner, but I am now wavering.
He has to turn it around.
and fast.
or he is gone.

But can you all stop going on about what Price said at the post match interview - paraphrased - " i don't know what is going on".

The Great Wayne Bennet said exactly the same thing in a few post match interviews during our major slump after origin in 2011 (was it??).
No one said anything then!!!

Also, leave his chin out of it.
It was slightly funny the first few hundred times, but now just looks stupid.
Fine a new line, or don't say anything!!

Latest posts