What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

R 1 2023

thebigredv

First Grade
Honestly love most on here but geez theres so much complaining😭
What do you expect? What in the world has the club done to steer itself out of the situation it finds itself in? What tells you 2023 holds more hope than 21 and 22 and all the wasted years under McGregor. I'm dying to read something positive and be part of that positivity but the club as a whole just keeps reaching new lows.

Why don't you post something exciting and positive rather than critique fans for having opinions?

No matter what your psychology we all have one thing that binds us together and that is one very dysfunctional and underachieving football team. It's up to the club to give us a glimmer of hope but as always they are on holidays.

DfL

Juniors
What do you expect? What in the world has the club done to steer itself out of the situation it finds itself in? What tells you 2023 holds more hope than 21 and 22 and all the wasted years under McGregor. I'm dying to read something positive and be part of that positivity but the club as a whole just keeps reaching new lows.

Why don't you post something exciting and positive rather than critique fans for having opinions?

No matter what your psychology we all have one thing that binds us together and that is one very dysfunctional and underachieving football team. It's up to the club to give us a glimmer of hope but as always they are on holidays.

No i actually agree with you but reading these forums everyday, one thing is common. NEGATIVITY. And i know you wont disagree with that. I read so many things about all the shit thats going wrong with our once great club and its true, WE'RE FKED. However, i believe you create your own positivity. Theres so many great things i saw from certain players this year, but no one consistently talks about their potential and about all the great things that they do or can do in the future. For example, Matthew Feagai that kid is something special and we are just seeing the tip of what he can do. Yet i don't see forums hyping him up like other fanbases would with talent like that. Feel like its human nature to get caught in whats not going right, which i get caught in as well. But the least we can do is try and look and some of the positives you get me. By the way, in noway shape or form was i trying to offend any on here for any opinions so sorry if it comes across that way.

Maximus

Coach
Gives us an extra week to find 30 players who want to play for us! 😂

I still can’t fathom preseason has started & our squad hasn’t been announced yet 🙄

Umm you know that the salary cap hasn't even been set and no clubs have finalised their squad yet?

I know this feels like another opportunity to bag management, but you'd need to do the same for the 16 other clubs while you are at it

jeffdragon

Bench
Some so called experts say if you listen to fans the powers that be you will end up sitting with them .
Well I think the fans of this club would do a much better job than the turkeys who are in charge now and have been for ages.

BIG RIG

Juniors
Reports in the Daily Telegraph is that our first 5 games will be

RD 1 : Bye
RD 2 : vs Gold Coast Titans
RD 3 : vs Brisbane Broncos
RD 4 : vs Cronulla Sharks
RD 5 vs Redcliffe Dolphins

Slippery Morris

First Grade
So potentially 3 wins to start or 4 out of 5 wins for the start of the season based on 2022 form. Wow. NRL really wants Saints to re-sign Hook.
Let's hope that this is not the draw for the first 5 rounds, if so I can see the Saints already searching for a pen to write up Hook's extension.

Dragon David

First Grade
NRL Round 1 schedule
Thursday, March 2, 8pm: Parramatta Eels v Melbourne Storm @ CommBank Stadium

Friday, March 3, 6pm: New Zealand Warriors v Newcastle Knights @ Mt Smart Stadium
Friday, March 3, 8pm: Penrith Panthers v Brisbane Broncos @ BlueBet Stadium
Saturday, March 4, 3pm: Manly Sea Eagles v Canterbury Bulldogs @ Brookvale Oval
Saturday, March 4, 5.30pm: Cowboys v Canberra Raiders @ QLD Country Bank Stadium
Saturday, March 4, 7.30pm: Cronulla Sharks v Rabbitohs @ PointsBet Stadium
Sunday, March 5, 4pm: Dolphins v Sydney Roosters @ Suncorp Stadium
Sunday, March 5, 6pm: Wests Tigers v Gold Coast Titans @ Leichhardt Oval
Bye: St George Illawarra Dragons

Parko1310

Juniors
So potentially 3 wins to start or 4 out of 5 wins for the start of the season based on 2022 form. Wow. NRL really wants Saints to re-sign Hook.
Let's hope that this is not the draw for the first 5 rounds, if so I can see the Saints already searching for a pen to write up Hook's extension.
Molo is suspended until round 4 and our front row is incredibly poor even with him there. There's a very realistic chance we come out of those first five rounds with either 2 or 4 competition points.

thebigredv

First Grade
No i actually agree with you but reading these forums everyday, one thing is common. NEGATIVITY. And i know you wont disagree with that. I read so many things about all the shit thats going wrong with our once great club and its true, WE'RE FKED. However, i believe you create your own positivity. Theres so many great things i saw from certain players this year, but no one consistently talks about their potential and about all the great things that they do or can do in the future. For example, Matthew Feagai that kid is something special and we are just seeing the tip of what he can do. Yet i don't see forums hyping him up like other fanbases would with talent like that. Feel like its human nature to get caught in whats not going right, which i get caught in as well. But the least we can do is try and look and some of the positives you get me. By the way, in noway shape or form was i trying to offend any on here for any opinions so sorry if it comes across that way.
Definitely making sense. Especially agree in regards to needing to generate more positivity in the few areas it's due. Hook has stuffed up a lot but not in the case of Amone and Feagai and we will be reaping benefits for years to come. Ramsey same boat.

The problem as you will agree there's just too much to despair about and it's been allowed to prevail for too long that I sense most are beyond jaded now. Pure neglect of a priveliged few. I feel extremely bitter about it all because league and Dragons were such a special part of my life. It's been too tough to experience the club not being run professionally from the top dogs right down to the playing group who fold like cheap suits.

Every off season is the same. False hope generated from fans. I just can't anymore. I have been silent for a while now. I don't have much to give in terms of drumming up good vibes for next season.

I take your point and its very lucky we have fans like us to put sad sacks like me in our place.

Im not quite 40 yet. I might even get to see us be great again in my time. That's the best I can muster!

Parko1310

Juniors
Definitely making sense. Especially agree in regards to needing to generate more positivity in the few areas it's due. Hook has stuffed up a lot but not in the case of Amone and Feagai and we will be reaping benefits for years to come. Ramsey same boat.

The problem as you will agree there's just too much to despair about and it's been allowed to prevail for too long that I sense most are beyond jaded now. Pure neglect of a priveliged few. I feel extremely bitter about it all because league and Dragons were such a special part of my life. It's been too tough to experience the club not being run professionally from the top dogs right down to the playing group who fold like cheap suits.

Every off season is the same. False hope generated from fans. I just can't anymore. I have been silent for a while now. I don't have much to give in terms of drumming up good vibes for next season.

I take your point and its very lucky we have fans like us to put sad sacks like me in our place.

Im not quite 40 yet. I might even get to see us be great again in my time. That's the best I can muster!
It's just very deflating isn't it. Difference is this off season I don't think many are even getting optimistic. Everyone knows that unless we can pull off a miracle and get 2-3 decent front rowers plus a second rower, 2023 is pretty much a write off. And the players just aren't on the market...

Same old same old with regard to recruitment. They should've been on the phones as soon as November came to at least show some ambition for 2024. Yet, Leniu is likely off to the dogs. They just don't act quickly enough. Okay, so, maybe leniu's going to the dogs because Ciraldo and kikau are there. Disappointing, yes, but lets move on. How about getting involved with flegler, thompson, kamakamica, butcher. We've been linked with one big name in fifita, but that seems to have dropped off.

My hope is that they're just waiting for the cap to be announced before they start contending in the market for 24. But, we've seen this movie before and it will likely end up that they move too slow, or don't move at all before other clubs do. Then, it's off to the q cup prop of the year to offer them a lifeline to come join us.

thebigredv

First Grade
It's just very deflating isn't it. Difference is this off season I don't think many are even getting optimistic. Everyone knows that unless we can pull off a miracle and get 2-3 decent front rowers plus a second rower, 2023 is pretty much a write off. And the players just aren't on the market...

Same old same old with regard to recruitment. They should've been on the phones as soon as November came to at least show some ambition for 2024. Yet, Leniu is likely off to the dogs. They just don't act quickly enough. Okay, so, maybe leniu's going to the dogs because Ciraldo and kikau are there. Disappointing, yes, but lets move on. How about getting involved with flegler, thompson, kamakamica, butcher. We've been linked with one big name in fifita, but that seems to have dropped off.

My hope is that they're just waiting for the cap to be announced before they start contending in the market for 24. But, we've seen this movie before and it will likely end up that they move too slow, or don't move at all before other clubs do. Then, it's off to the q cup prop of the year to offer them a lifeline to come join us.
Correct. The terror of 2023 hasn't even evaporated and yet they've pretty much written themselves off for next season. That's where the evidence points at least. Inaction spells disaster. Eleventh hour signings of Sua and Suli saved us from a spoon so we need more of that but training is now back on.

Opposition will be shaking in their boots at the prospect at facing Musgrove, as they were Woods last year and Alvaro the year before that. "Oh but it's not Hook's mess..." funny how you hear that less and less now just like when Mary finally got his men and was still serving up sub par footy on a consistent basis. His defenders went silent.

Get Hasler now. Show the supporters they still care.

Dragon David

First Grade

"Im not quite 40 yet. I might even get to see us be great again in my time. That's the best I can muster!"

Lucky you tbrv. Only 40 hey? You have many years on me to hopefully see us be in the top 4 for decades. Well maybe a decade. Well maybe a couple of years. Anyway, good luck to you and don't give up on the Dragons. To me it is harder to give up the Dragons than it was for me to give up smokes, which I have now been able to say I've reached 13 years since my last puff.

We will be a success one day just hang in there.

thebigredv

First Grade
"Im not quite 40 yet. I might even get to see us be great again in my time. That's the best I can muster!"

Lucky you tbrv. Only 40 hey? You have many years on me to hopefully see us be in the top 4 for decades. Well maybe a decade. Well maybe a couple of years. Anyway, good luck to you and don't give up on the Dragons. To me it is harder to give up the Dragons than it was for me to give up smokes, which I have now been able to say I've reached 13 years since my last puff.

We will be a success one day just hang in there.
Congrats on quitting mate. That's a decent effort and will certainly improve your chances of being around to see us hold the trophy aloft again.

It's more a case of the Dragons giving up on me, on us....that's how it feels. It's as if after 2010 they said "Well you got what you want...".

They've tested our loyalty but no matter how bad they go they are still my team. There's no giving up but there really is an air of distance and detachment at the moment as a matter of self preservation.

Dragon David

First Grade
Congrats on quitting mate. That's a decent effort and will certainly improve your chances of being around to see us hold the trophy aloft again.

It's more a case of the Dragons giving up on me, on us....that's how it feels. It's as if after 2010 they said "Well you got what you want...".

They've tested our loyalty but no matter how bad they go they are still my team. There's no giving up but there really is an air of distance and detachment at the moment as a matter of self preservation.
I understand fully tbrv as somehow I feel the same as you being a very devoted and an ardent follower for years of the Dragons and yet notwithstanding this, you and I and others have in my opinion been let down by the club after the success from 2009-2011. It is like they have given up on wanting any further success.

I do hope that I am still around to see the trophy being held aloft by the captain of our club come early October in a year not too far away.

Latest posts