What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

R.I.P. Darrent Williams

camsmith

Juniors
Denver Bronco Darrent Williams Dies in Shooting

POSTED: 4:15 am MST January 1, 2007
UPDATED: 5:54 am MST January 1, 2007

DENVER -- Denver Broncos cornerback Darrent Williams was shot and killed early Monday morning in downtown Denver 7News reported exclusively on its 5 a.m. newscast.

Denver Broncos spokesman Jim Saccomano said that police confirmed the fatal shooting involving Williams and said there was "incredible shock and sadness at a senseless tragedy."

Williams, 24, was riding in a limousine near 11th Avenue and Speer Boulevard just after 2 a.m. , when the shooting occurred. The shots came from another vehicle and two other people in the limo were also hit. Their conditions were not known.

Denver police spokesman Sonny Jackson said the two people were rushed to Denver Health Medical Center. He said the person who was most seriously wounded was pronounced dead at the shooting scene.

It was not immediately known what prompted the shooting.

A white stretch limo ran off the road near the intersection and had police tape around it shortly after the shooting. 7News anchor Mitch Jelniker, reporting from the shooting scene, said bullet holes could plainly be seen in several of the limo doors.

Jelniker said the intersection would be closed "for quite some time" which police investigate the shooting.

Williams played against the San Francisco 49ers on New Year's Eve. The Broncos lost 26-23 in overtime and were eliminated from the playoffs.

-------------------------------------------

Im still in shock.

I was just about to go to bed and i see his photo flash up on to news channel saying he was killed.

I always loved watching him play, he was a good enthusiastic developing corner who, while he had some trouble throughout this season he still tried his heart out on every play. Im going to miss seeing him and Champ running back INT's and breaking up passes next season.

Seeing the senseless murder of such a young ambitions guy like this makes the Broncos loss seem like nothing.

RIP Darrent. *Mile High salute*

sh*t hey, thats some f**ked up sh*t, hopefully thats not some broncos fan getting revenge coz they failed to make the playoffs. that would start a very dangerous trend in sports

legend

Coach
pennywisealfie said:
sh*t hey, thats some f**ked up sh*t, hopefully thats not some broncos fan getting revenge coz they failed to make the playoffs. that would start a very dangerous trend in sports

I don't think so and Darrent Williams was hardly to blame for the loss.

I think it had something to do with an altercation inside the niteclub that led to the shooting. Darrent Williams, Javon Walker and Brandon Marshall were all in the stretch limo Hummer that was hit with Williams hit in the neck by a bullet and killed.

kurt faulk

Coach

he should have followed the golden rule - never pick a fight with people you don't know, you don't know what their capable of doing.

i wonder if this will make other players think about their own behaviour and reel themselves in a little. probably not. we'll see how much trouble they get into in the offseason.

Eelectrica

Referee
Shocking.
I don't know what he could have done or said to deserve a hail of bullets delivered to the car.
Hope the catch the psychopaths that did it.

legend

Coach
From what I have read, it is highly probable this is gang related.

They were at a function for Carmelo Anthony of the Denver Nuggets and apparently he has gang ties.

Man, I thought Denver was a nice, peaceful town completely different to cities like LA, Chicago, Boston, Atlanta etc.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Damn gangs, shouldn't they just grow up? ffs why would they still be involved in gangs when they're playign in the NFL?

Big Tim

First Grade
Its the American lifestyle Ron.

Truly a sad loss for the entire NFL and especially his family. Reading things like this makes me glad I live in Newcastle.

RIP Darrent.

ocko

juniors
shocking stuff, truly sickening. RIP Darrent.

let's not speculate on the causes, we don't know exactly what happened.

Rip

can someone reduce this image down to the right size to either fit my avater or signature.

darrentvp4xn0.gif