What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

R11 vs Titans

Copperhead

Juniors
Chasing a third-straight win, Panthers coach Anthony Griffin keeps the faith in his side to face Gold Coast Titans at Pepper Stadium on Sunday.

The Panthers are on a roll, having knocked off Canberra and the Warriors, while the Titans snapped a five-game losing streak against the Roosters on Monday night.

Panthers v Titans
2pm Sunday @ Pepper Stadium

1. Matt MOYLAN (c)
2. Josh MANSOUR
3. Tyrone PEACHEY
4. Peta HIKU
5. Dallin WATENE-ZELEZNIAK
6. Jamie SOWARD
7. Peter WALLACE
8. Sam MCKENDRY
9. James SEGEYARO
10. Reagan CAMPBELL-GILLARD
11. Bryce CARTWRIGHT
12. Isaah YEO
13. Trent MERRIN

14. Suaia MATAGI
15. Jeremy LATIMORE
16. Leilani LATU
17. James FISHER-HARRIS

A couple of outside backs return as Panthers coach Steve Georgallis names his side to face the Bulldogs in the Intrust Super Premiership NSW on Friday night.

Panthers ISP v Bulldogs ISP
7pm Friday @ Belmore Oval

1. Malakai WATENE-ZELEZNIAK
2. Josh HALL
3. Waqa BLAKE
4. Andrew HEFFERNAN
5. George JENNINGS
6. Will SMITH
7. Zach DOCKAR-CLAY (c)
8. Andy SAUNDERS
9. Sione KATOA
10. Moses LEOTA
11. Corey HARAWIRA-NAERA
12. Sitaleki AKAUOLA
13. Tupou SOPOAGA

14. Paea PUA
15. Viliame KIKAU
16. Rodney COATES
17. Matt PLACE
18. Sam CLUNE
19. Brent NADEN
22. Jerry KEY

Chasing a tenth-straight victory, Panthers NYC coach Cam Ciraldo names his side to face the Titans at Pepper Stadium on Sunday.

Panthers NYC v Titans NYC
11.45am Sunday @ Pepper Stadium

1. Dylan EDWARDS
2. Ratu TUISESE
3. Braidon BURNS
4. Caleb AEKINS
5. Jake ENNIS
6. Tyrone MAY (c)
7. Nathan CLEARY
8. Cowen EPERE
9. Reed IZZARD
10. Jack HETHERINGTON
11. Corey WADDELL
12. Kaide ELLIS
13. Liam MARTIN

14. Christian CRICHTON
15. Dylan FUAD
16. Jack NELSON
17. Daniel BROWN

Last edited:

billypilgrimnz

First Grade
He hasn't, though.

Edit: I like Blake, and hope he goes well. But Hiku is ahead of him in the pecking order for a reason. I don't have an issue with Blake making the team, but I would choose Hiku ahead of him every time at the moment. Yes, Hiku's tackling is shit, and he looks overweight, but in many other metrics, he has outperformed Blake (running meters, offloads, tries...) and the rest is even (Line breaks, try assists). Blake has him on errors and missed tackles, though Blake is still the 7th worst for missed tackles at 2.6 a game compared to Hiku at 3.6 in second.

To make it out as if Blake is way outperforming Hiku is just wrong, and it stems from your complete and utter disregard for the guy from the moment he was signed.

Last edited:

greynurse

Juniors
I don't think it has anything to do with who is better...Hiku or Blake. If Blake has a passport that was accepted for his travel to NZ. He is in the team this week. Coaches don't change winning combinations.

betcats

Referee
If Peachey stays at centre than one off Hiku or Blake has to go. It's ok to have Waqa play reserve grade at the moment but he is to good for it and if can't crack the side by next season we should release him, I would prefer to release Hiku tbh. He might be a better player atm but he is one of the worst defensive centres in the game and his offensive output isn't good enough to cover imo. Waqa's defence is solid and his offensive output should improve greatly over the next couple seasons. Honestly watch Hiku this week, he will rush up, set his feet and bend down to make a low tackle about a metre before the ball the carrier gets to him and puts half a sidestep on and goes straight past him. He does it atleast once every week.

I was happy when we signed Hiku and I'm happy for him to be in the team now but if his defence doesn't start improving soon I'd be pissing him off asap.

chrisD

Coach
Don't see value in doing this, much rather he just play Peachey off the bench and give Cartwright and Yeo a spell. The middle will really not be worse off for only 3 interchange players and 6 interchanges.

betcats

Referee
I hope the are seriously considering keeping Peachey in the centres. I know he can very good in a number of roles but I think centre is his best spot.

I hope the are seriously considering keeping Peachey in the centres. I know he can very good in a number of roles but I think centre is his best spot.

Yeah I really like the damage he can do close to the line whilst he's out a bit wider , could score a lot of tries.

Also think it'd be great for him to be able to focus on one position.

maple_69

Bench
Well both Mansour and DWZ are off contract this year. With increasing talk that Tamou has signed, we may be shedding one of them. I'd say DWZ given hed likely want a FB spot somewhere and it seems increasingly likely Moylan won't be moving to the halves.

1. Moylan 2. Mansour 3. Blake/Peach 4. Whare 5. Hiku

Hikus best position is wing and I think a lot of his defensive issues go away there as it seems to be decision making more often than not. Many consider centre the toughest position defensively so for someone not used to it, it can make a good player look foolish. Just like Blake did at wing last year.

Well both Mansour and DWZ are off contract this year. With increasing talk that Tamou has signed, we may be shedding one of them. I'd say DWZ given hed likely want a FB spot somewhere and it seems increasingly likely Moylan won't be moving to the halves.

1. Moylan 2. Mansour 3. Blake/Peach 4. Whare 5. Hiku

Hikus best position is wing and I think a lot of his defensive issues go away there as it seems to be decision making more often than not. Many consider centre the toughest position defensively so for someone not used to it, it can make a good player look foolish. Just like Blake did at wing last year.

You sure about DWZ? I thought he had another year.

Port Panther

Juniors

Agreed ......I'm excited about Peachey in the centres he adds soooo much more to our attacking stocks and I think Hook likes his forwards big and aggressive like JFH so could be his spot in the future .:clap:

Latest posts