What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

R15 vs Sydney Roosters

Firstly sorry didn’t mean to hijack Panthers members sub forum.

Cogger at 7 next week? Or Luai to 7 with Cogger at 6? Other option maybe Cole or Falls in the halves with Luai? Either 6 or 7? Salmon also played there at 5/8 in NSW Cup but might as well have Leota in halves of Salmon is picked.

Salmon bigger body - knows the squad well been around awhile now. Less skilled version of May imo.

Cogger with passable kicking game, some ok organising skills and decent passing.

Cole, young running 5/8 maybe more a center though.

Falls, been around for awhile in the Penrith system. But very limited opportunities although did feature a few times last season.

The game will be built on defence as usual but Panthers need to limit the errors big time. Needs to be high completion rate. Roosters have been all sorts so far but this is the sort of game they’ll come out firing.

Last edited:

Kilkenny

Coach
Assuming Jerome‘s ankle issue is minor given he was able to play on tonight it will be Cogger 7 Laui 6. 100%.

Chins get the wins

First Grade
Ivan has learnt not to move two players to compensate for one, cogger will be the 7, its tge reason we signed him, origin or injuries, if luai was injured instead of nate, it would be falls or salmon in at 6
Still think this way if the injury is 8-12 weeks?

Cleary out for up to 6 weeks. Some what similar situation for Panthers when he hurt his shoulder leading into 21 finals and got suspended leading into 22 finals. Cogger gets 6 solid weeks to build with the side and form combos.

Is it worth keeping Salmon in NSW Cup on the back of this news and having Peach on the bench at 17 for this duration in Clearys absence?

D.Edwards
B.To’o
S.Critchon
I.Tago
S.Turuva
J.Luai
J.Cogger
M.Leota
M.Kenny
J.Fisher-Harris
L.Martin
Z.Hosking
I.Yeo

S.Luke
S.Sorensen
S.Leniu
T.Peachy

Still a light bench maybe L.Smith for S.Luke might be better. Not sure.

Fangs

Coach

Roosters centre Joseph-Aukuso Suaalii is facing up to a month on the sideline after he was charged with Dangerous Contact after Sunday's win over the Bulldogs.

The Grade 2 charge is Suaalii's third and subsequent offence and carries a three-game ban with an early guilty plea increasing to four games should he fight the charge and be found guilty at the judiciary.

---

Unless Daniel Tupou returns early they will be forced to play someone like Drew Hutchinson out wide.

Maybe Sam Walker returns and Manu back to centre but they just won a game so I doubt it.

Iamback

Coach
Is it worth keeping Salmon in NSW Cup on the back of this news and having Peach on the bench at 17 for this duration in Clearys absence?

D.Edwards
B.To’o
S.Critchon
I.Tago
S.Turuva
J.Luai
J.Cogger
M.Leota
M.Kenny
J.Fisher-Harris
L.Martin
Z.Hosking
I.Yeo

S.Luke
S.Sorensen
S.Leniu
T.Peachy

Still a light bench maybe L.Smith for S.Luke might be better. Not sure.

No the bench is good.

Kenny will play prop minutes and Peachey can also play backrow and Sorro prop if you need extra middle minutes

Iamback

Coach

Roosters centre Joseph-Aukuso Suaalii is facing up to a month on the sideline after he was charged with Dangerous Contact after Sunday's win over the Bulldogs.

The Grade 2 charge is Suaalii's third and subsequent offence and carries a three-game ban with an early guilty plea increasing to four games should he fight the charge and be found guilty at the judiciary.

---

Unless Daniel Tupou returns early they will be forced to play someone like Drew Hutchinson out wide.

Maybe Sam Walker returns and Manu back to centre but they just won a game so I doubt it.

Paulo played NSW Cup, He should come straight in