What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

R15 vs Sydney Roosters

snickers007

Juniors
Roosters have options to cover Suaalii - Tupou and Paulo could come onto the wing, and shift Corey Allen to Centre.
They could also move Manu back to Centre and have Hutchinson or Sandon Smith play 5/8th.

Also just on the Roosters - I don't understand what's happening with their lower grades this year. They're supporting both North Sydney and a Roosters team in NSW Cup, but I can't see any rhyme or reason to which players are allocated to which club. Kinda seems like most of their fringe NRL forwards are playing for the Bears, with most of the fringe backs playing for the Roosters.

And the teams are coming equal first and equal last which is wild. Their Flegg team is also equal first, so they have some talent in the ranks. And they've had lots of opportunities to bring them up with plenty of injuries and suspensions over a few seasons now. They're just doing a shit job of developing them into a cohesive squad.

Iamback

Coach
Roosters have options to cover Suaalii - Tupou and Paulo could come onto the wing, and shift Corey Allen to Centre.
They could also move Manu back to Centre and have Hutchinson or Sandon Smith play 5/8th.

Also just on the Roosters - I don't understand what's happening with their lower grades this year. They're supporting both North Sydney and a Roosters team in NSW Cup, but I can't see any rhyme or reason to which players are allocated to which club. Kinda seems like most of their fringe NRL forwards are playing for the Bears, with most of the fringe backs playing for the Roosters.

And the teams are coming equal first and equal last which is wild. Their Flegg team is also equal first, so they have some talent in the ranks. And they've had lots of opportunities to bring them up with plenty of injuries and suspensions over a few seasons now. They're just doing a shit job of developing them into a cohesive squad.

Robbo is like that as a coach.

He needs to buy established guys and has no plan B when it all goes to shit

Bred not Bought

Juniors
Our defence is the best in the game. If we can make it to 20ish points in most games we win.
Stop blowing chances and having a little more creativity would help.
In 12 games we have only hit 20 four times. In the four games, we have lost. 13, 17, 20, and 12 have been the opponent's scores. We can't grind away every match.
Need to find a way to get 4 tries.

Iamback

Coach
Our defence is the best in the game. If we can make it to 20ish points in most games we win.
Stop blowing chances and having a little more creativity would help.
In 12 games we have only hit 20 four times. In the four games, we have lost. 13, 17, 20, and 12 have been the opponent's scores. We can't grind away every match.
Need to find a way to get 4 tries.

Yep 4 tries is the magic number

MugaB

Coach
Cleary out for up to 6 weeks. Some what similar situation for Panthers when he hurt his shoulder leading into 21 finals and got suspended leading into 22 finals. Cogger gets 6 solid weeks to build with the side and form combos.
If he goes well, will probably get poached by a bottom 8 side

Flashstep

Juniors
Not nearly as confident as last time with Cleary out, but at least we’ll have all week to train with Cogger at 7.

As for Coggers future, why not try and turn him into a 9? Big body and having a kicking game already puts him above Kenny and Luke. Surely all those years as a half means he can pass a ball as well…

Really want to see Martin starting on an edge.
I think Ivan likes bringing him on at prop then pushing him wide to save an interchange. Martin is very good in either roll so I'd be flexible depending on who we play and how we want to bench to look.
The longer he's on the field the better though really.

Fangs

Coach
He is one of the most impactful forwards off the bench in the competition right now. Its working pretty well with him alongside Leinu. I'd probably keep it the same.

TheEroticGamer

Juniors
Good news is we only play 4 games in the next 6 weeks and Cleary would have probably only played 2 of them because of origin. The two being Roosters and Melbourne who have been shithouse recently.

Not nearly as confident as last time with Cleary out, but at least we’ll have all week to train with Cogger at 7.

As for Coggers future, why not try and turn him into a 9? Big body and having a kicking game already puts him above Kenny and Luke. Surely all those years as a half means he can pass a ball as well…

Cogger trained all last week at 7 as well (Cleary was at origin camp)

There's a hilarious video regarding Leniu's injury, which is on the club's website. For some unknown reason I can't share it

Last edited:

Iamback

Coach
I think Ivan likes bringing him on at prop then pushing him wide to save an interchange. Martin is very good in either roll so I'd be flexible depending on who we play and how we want to bench to look.
The longer he's on the field the better though really.

It allows the bench to be more flexible.

You are playing him for 50-60 mins.
Spencer usually gets 40
Leota 50
Fish 50.

the backrow can play 80.

You have options for the other 2 bench spots depending on opposition, Form etc

chrisD

Coach
Martin should play all edge and as many minutes as he can handle, because Sorro is nearly non threatening and Hosking is completely non threatening. And we should concentrate on getting Crichton and Tago early ball. We are too non-threatening on the edges.

Nealo 12

Bench
Martin should play all edge and as many minutes as he can handle, because Sorro is nearly non threatening and Hosking is completely non threatening. And we should concentrate on getting Crichton and Tago early ball. We are too non-threatening on the edges.
Some are attacking players while others are there for their defence qualities

Latest posts