What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

R2 // Knights 20-26 Raiders @ Hunter // Sun 6.30pm

Round 1 result: Knights vs Raiders

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Yosh

Coach
Only caught the last 15 minutes... Horrible watching. Our forwards were dominating on defense but Minto looked much too deep... His positioning was indeed questionable... Need to watch the full game to comment but we need Mullen and Boyd back asap...

perverse

Referee
Minto was really disappointing - as RABK said, looked a step behind at this level for the most part. We are screwed until Boyd and Mullen get back pretty much. That was the only game I could see us jagging for a while.

RABK

Referee
Mullen really does carry this side and makes it look a lot better than it is. He proves you can polish a turd if you're good enough. Reminds me of some long retired player.

perverse

Referee
Mullen really does carry this side and makes it look a lot better than it is. He proves you can polish a turd if you're good enough. Reminds me of some long retired player.
Yeah, he is Joey Mk.II for us now. He brings everything now, the organisation, the kicking, picking the right options... hell even our execution is 100% better when he is there.

Boyd is important, too.

K-Man

Bench
Pretty over this season already. What's the point of a team built around discipline if we are actually one of the least prepared teams to start the year? Soft penalties, poor handling, poor tactical kicking (bomb fest when they never once looked like dropping it), dummy half sloppiness leading directly to conceding tries and handovers, failure to wrap up the ball in 3-man tackles...and the list goes on.

If we're not going to be entertaining, we have to be disciplined, professional and smart.

Don't enjoy watching us play, haven't since Bennett arrived.

Zoidberg

First Grade
2 of our next 3 games are Storm away and Cowboys away, we need to find some enthusiasm and turn things around quick or we'll be out of the hunt for the top 8 before we get into it.

aqua_duck

Coach
We need Mamo in the team next week, seeing what Milford did to us, Mamo is the only bloke in the club who can do something even remotely similar.

Dave_

Juniors
Umm isn't the clock meant to stop in the last 5 minutes?

Isn't it funny how they stopped the clock when Gids was lining up from the sideline but in the last 10 when we were level or behind they kept it running

perverse

Referee
Yeah, I'm starting to think that it'll ahve to be quite a late season run to have any chance. We are remote odds to play the finals this year judging by what we've dished up the first 2 weeks, and with Mullen and Boyd at least another 2-3 weeks away, if not longer.

slotmachine

First Grade
Pretty over this season already. What's the point of a team built around discipline if we are actually one of the least prepared teams to start the year? Soft penalties, poor handling, poor tactical kicking (bomb fest when they never once looked like dropping it), dummy half sloppiness leading directly to conceding tries and handovers, failure to wrap up the ball in 3-man tackles...and the list goes on.

If we're not going to be entertaining, we have to be disciplined, professional and smart.

This is the most accurate post I have seen for some time.

perverse

Referee
We need Mamo in the team next week, seeing what Milford did to us, Mamo is the only bloke in the club who can do something even remotely similar.
It's worth giving him a shot over Minto. Minto looked very much like what he is tonight - a half playing fullback. I think Mamo is a bigger chance of getting the important stuff right. Has oodles of talent and is red hot at the moment, too.

I can't see us winning a game until Mullen comes back unfortunately. I already have my doubts about being any chance making the 8.

As has been said previously, we aren't enjoyable to watch anymore. It's like it's a chore to be a knights fan.

Yosh

Coach

While I'm just as disappointed as everybody else here... It's round two guys.. We have our best two players out and perhaps Aku and Kurt will be dropped during the season. Let's hold the wrist slitting until round 18 at the earliest.

While I'm just as disappointed as everybody else here... It's round two guys.. We have our best two players out and perhaps Aku and Kurt will be dropped during the season. Let's hold the wrist slitting until round 18 at the earliest.

It's not likely our 2 best will be back any time soon. And by then the top 8 is already out of reach

Yosh

Coach
One play that frustrated me was the kick out from dummy half by Gids... What was he thinking... Last 5 minutes, down by 2 and he grubbers it out...

Contrast that to Whitons's 40/20 a few minutes later... Gids needs to move to the ESL asap.

RABK

Referee
2 of our next 3 games are Storm away and Cowboys away, we need to find some enthusiasm and turn things around quick or we'll be out of the hunt for the top 8 before we get into it.

I thought the enthusiasm was very good at times, our forwards seemed to be getting the better of the raiders for long period of times. It just seems we are a dumb football team. Things like everyone looking clueless under the high ball, every second pass from DH is flat or forward to a marked man, and we rush up to bash em up in 3/4 on 1 tackles yet no one wraps an arm around the ball carries arm to stop offloads.

Just the small 1 percenters we don't do that ruins the 75% we do get right. And i mean that has been the case under Bennetts entire reign. Constant niggling issues/problems that really outdo any good the side or an individual does.

But really whoever our spine is made up of at the moment just aren't up to it. Roberts is good, but Gidley, Dobson and Minto are just rubbish.

Without Boyd and Mullen the side is incredibly boring, flat and unorganised. The hooking role will crippled our entire season.

aqua_duck

Coach
Gids just doesn't play what's in front of him, he has a play premeditated in his head 3 tackles earlier and when it's not on he either still tries it anyway or he panics

Latest posts