What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

R24 FNF - Bulldogs v Melbourne

TIPTOP

Juniors
Think the storm just kick started their grand final celebrations at the expense of the doggies,as somebody else pointed out,ruthless in the extreme

Eelectrica

Referee
Big statement made by Melbourne that 2nd half.
Not often that teams put 30 on the Dogs in one half of football.

TIPTOP

Juniors
dogs were with them up until the 58th minute and then the score just blew out,difference being that the storm just executed their attacking play so much better.
They have a pack that can match the dogs but their backs are far better.

Not all over the dogs if they can get mason back to give them an edge in the forwards but boy do they need to step it up with their attack

Hurriflatch

Referee
Storm really kicked themselves out of the slump

once the Storm got a bit of a break (14-6) they really kicked away and killed the Dogs.

Matt Damon

Juniors
The dogs kicked the storm out of the slump. We were woeful and the storm were pretty good. Nothing outstanding.

Earl

Coach
:clap: :clap: :clap:

TOO f**kING GOOD.

Dogs arn't even in the same class as Melbourne.

Great performance by Ben Cummins to. Would be stiffed if he didn't get a prelim final at least.....

mattyg

Bench
O'Meley has been overrated since mid last year imo...

i thought cummins was bad though...he didn't know which way was forward and which way was backwards...missed 2 clear strips...plus he couldn't keep the 10 metres.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
mattyg said:
O'Meley has been overrated since mid last year imo...

i thought cummins was bad though...he didn't know which way was forward and which way was backwards...missed 2 clear strips...plus he couldn't keep the 10 metres.

Yep agree with Cummins, yet dickhead Warren said he had a great game and i almost spilt my woodstock, he was horrible!

Ron Jeremy

Coach
O'Meley? i dont know? he is a good player but for the publicity he gets i reckon blokes like Matuia are far better.

mattyg

Bench
exactly...Patten/Maitua etc. are players i'd have before O'Meley, and they'd be on half as much as his new contract with the roosters.

Cummins was horrible...I'll tell ya what though...copping a 10k fine wouldn't be so bad - at least you know the refs will go easy on ya's for the next few weeks.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
mattyg said:
exactly...Patten/Maitua etc. are players i'd have before O'Meley, and they'd be on half as much as his new contract with the roosters.

Cummins was horrible...I'll tell ya what though...copping a 10k fine wouldn't be so bad - at least you know the refs will go easy on ya's for the next few weeks.

I hear you. I've said for a year now that Patten is the best fullback along with Stewart at being consistently good, his attention to detail is amazing. Yes tonight he made a mistake with the Slater try, but 99 out of 100 he has gotten that situation right and let it run dead, great player and very durable.

Cummins was pathetic! what about with 5 minutes to go and the Melbourne bloke lost the ball and he didn't see it, it was so obvious!

mattyg

Bench
exactly

us giving up after 60 minutes cost us the game

when millard dropped it on the 40 at 8-6 i had a gut feeling thats when we were gonna lose it...yep

4 tries in 11 minutes....i'm sure folkesy will give them a blasting.

TIPTOP

Juniors
They need a blasting,still this could work out ok as when they beat the cowboys next week they could set up a rematch the following week

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Referee made a thousand dodgy calls and we responded well first half and til about 50-55 minutes... then whenever there was a call, scrum or penalty against us - they just gave up. Can't blame the ref for poor defence and an idiot on the wing. Phelps is Dodgers Scapegoat of the Week and MUST make way for Utai.