What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

R26: Sharks vs Raiders

skeepe

Immortal
Sharks team is out.

1 Darren Albert
2 Mitch Brown
3 Ben Pomeroy
4 Phil Bailey
5 Luke Covell
6 Adam Dykes
7 Brett Kimmorley (c)
8 James Stosic
9 Kevin Kingston
10 Luke Douglas
11 Reece Williams
12 Lance Thompson
13 Paul Gallen

Subs:
14 Richard Villasanti
15 Nigel Vagana
16 Beau Scott
17 Brett Kearney

3 backs on the bench? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Raiders by 50.

skeepe

Immortal
Premier League team is up:

1 Bronx Goodwin
2 Chad Grintell
3 Nathan Smith
4 Brad Cross
5 Jermaine Ale
6 Terry Campese (c)
7 Marc Herbert
8 Willie Raston
9 Ryan Hinchcliffe
10 Brenton Lawrence
11 Glen Buttriss
12 Jack Pearson
13 Alan Rothery

INTERCHANGE
15 David Milne
17 Joe Picker
21 Jason Williams

No Zillman... hmmm....

skeepe

Immortal
And the Raiders team... Smith is out...

1 Clinton Schifcofske (c)
2 Adrian Purtell
3 Phil Graham
4 Adam Mogg
5 Craig Frawley
6 Todd Carney
7 Lincoln Withers
8 Michael Hodgson
9 Simon Woolford
10 Troy Thompson
11 Kris Kahler
12 Jason Croker
13 Alan Tongue

Subs:
14 Marshall Chalk
15 Ben Jones
16 Dane Tilse
17 Michael Weyman
18 William Zillman

aussies1st

Staff member
What on earth happened to our PL interchange bench?

No surprise with our FG team.

woodgers

Bench
This looks promising. I hope Jones drops down. C'mon Mr Elliott, give Zilly a gig.

I think the Sharks will slot Phil Bailey in the forwards at some point too but they do look light on up front. Let's hope we turn up. C'mon you Raiders!

hrundi99

First Grade
I'd go...

1 Clinton Schifcofske (c)
2 Adrian Purtell
3 Phil Graham
4 Adam Mogg
5 Craig Frawley
6 Todd Carney
7 Lincoln Withers
8 Dane Tilse
9 Simon Woolford
10 Troy Thompson
11 Michael Hodgson
12 Jason Croker
13 Alan Tongue

Subs:
14 Marshall Chalk
15 Ben Jones
16 William Zillman
17 Michael Weyman

skeepe

Immortal
Hrundi that team would be fantastic. I just for the life of me cannot see what Kahler brings to the team, other than a brilliant mullet.

Edwahu

Bench
That sharks side actually looks half decent if they aim up. On paper its better then the one that pasted beat us earlier in the year.

woodgers

Bench
I just thought of something else. This could be possibly intentional or not by Elliott but if it is then kudos. If he saw the forwards the Sharks have named and put Zillman on the bench to inject when they start to tire and don't have any boppers to replace, he could cause havoc. The other side of the coin is he brings him on when they take their forwards off so he can't get monstered (not that I have seen it happen in PL anyway). During this time Horse and maybe Tilse enter the contest as well and keep our go forward happening and our backs should get on the back of it. Either way, Zilly should have some opportunities to run at the Sharks which is what I want to see.

paulquinn49

Bench
I reckon Scott will start, Bailey to backrow and Williams to bench. Either way Raiders look stronger on paper.

I think Kahler offers a hell of alot more than Chalk. Ever since Chalk got shoved down everyone's throat he has sucked.

woodgers

Bench
He hasn't been in the best form to be honest. Having said that he is still a thousand times better than Kahler. Only 1 coach in the NRL would play Kahler. Not only is he dominated badly in every tackle, him and Mark Minichello are having a competition to see who can give away the most stupid, bone head penalties. Why play a forward who gets you no metres and doesn't intimidate even Preston Campbell?

skeepe

Immortal
I don't mind Kahler, I just don't think he's going to be a regular first grader. He gets dominated every single time he takes the ball up - not what you want from one of your forwards.

EDIT: Woodgers said it far better than I did. Great minds think alike n all that.

If the sharks really drop their bundle this week and we put on 50-60 points on them (unlikely but with Zilly playing and the sharks very light up front you never know), and the roosters beat the dragons (unlikely), we could possibly finish above the dragons.

edabomb

First Grade
waltzing Meninga said:
If the sharks really drop their bundle this week and we put on 50-60 points on them (unlikely but with Zilly playing and the sharks very light up front you never know), and the roosters beat the dragons (unlikely), we could possibly finish above the dragons.

Good to see Zilly doesn't have much hype to live up to :lol:

SOULS 04

Juniors
hahaha i hope he does have a great game and possibly gets a shot at the semis... i think he will have a moderate game and be back in PL for the semis.

raidersforme

Juniors
i know it was already here but pasting all of article

Smith out but Zillman on standby
zillman_426.jpg
August 29, 2006
spacer.gif
Raiders five-eighth Jason Smith will be missing from the Canberra side to play Cronulla this weekend, after he was ruled out today with a knee injury.​
Smith missed most of the second half in last weekends match against the Storm at Canberra Stadium, but Raiders medical staff is still confident he will be ready for the first semi-final next weekend.
In the meantime Todd Carney has been moved to five-eighth in Smith’s absence, with Ben Jones coming on to the Raiders bench.
Raider’s premier league halfback William Zillman has been named on the interchange bench as 18th man, with a small fitness cloud still surrounding his hamstring.
Zillman has been in scintillating form over the past few weeks for the Raiders Premier League outfit, and would add an interesting dimension to the side to take on Cronulla.
Raiders assistant Coach Wayne Collins said Zillman is an outside chance of playing this weekend, and the coaching staff will make a decision on who is available in the lead up to the match.
“At this stage Zilly is a 60/40 proposition to play this weekend and we’ll make a decision on who goes back and plays Premier League later in the week,” Collins said. “We’ll make that decision as late as we can and that means probably Saturday.”
Collins said the loss of Smith this weekend will give the ever improving Todd Carney another chance to steer the Raiders ship, and expects him to handle the job well on Saturday.
“Toddy has been in outstanding touch and has improved out of sight and has become a dominant performer in the side,” he said. “Jason Smith being out this weekend will probably help him again and will see him take more control of the team.”
CANBERRA RAIDERS V CRONULLA-SUTHERLAND SHARKS
TOYOTA PARK, SATURDAY SEPTEMBER 2, 5.30pm

1 CLINTON SCHIFCOFSKE (C)
2 ADRIAN PURTELL
3 PHIL GRAHAM
4 ADAM MOGG
5 CRAIG FRAWLEY
6 TODD CARNEY
7 LINCOLN WITHERS
8 MICHAEL HODGSON
9 SIMON WOOLFORD
10 TROY THOMPSON