What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

R2K

Southernsaint

Staff member
Http://www.r2k.info

I can't speak for them but being back home is an ongoing effort.

First thing on the agenda is getting an equal share of home games with WIN, then there's things such as lights, ammenities, seating etc all have to be lobbied for & that's what R2K does.

St George supporters can't express enough how much we appreciate what they've done for us :clap:

Have a gander at the website, it's excellent.

Cheers,
Ben S.

Buzz Boy

Juniors
R2K's next major objective is the fight for permanent lighting at OKI Jubilee Stadium, which is long overdue.

Lachlan at R2K is a bloody nice guy who is doing a great job.

Long live R2K !!!

:D

p.s. Southernsaint, where did you get that quote from? It's priceless. :p

As Ben said, staying at Kogarah might take as much campaigning as getting their in the first place. In this sense R2K will have to stay on to 'keep the bastards local' so to speak.

And who knows, maybe if Save Our Saints had stayed active we wouldn't have been sold into the merger. That isn't a criticism of SOS btw, just and observation in hindsight.

Southernsaint

Staff member
Denis'saints'Freak said:
As Ben said, staying at Kogarah might take as much campaigning as getting their in the first place. In this sense R2K will have to stay on to 'keep the bastards local' so to speak.

And who knows, maybe if Save Our Saints had stayed active we wouldn't have been sold into the merger. That isn't a criticism of SOS btw, just and observation in hindsight.

Correct me if I'm wrong but the way I remember it is that when the Saints / Easts merger was in it's embryonic stage, the clowns in charge went to the fans to ask what they thought & were met with a resounding: Feck Off!!

In late 1998 they didn't make that mistake & railroaded the JV through without heeding public opinion...

A black day.

Denis - I think you're right with the observation that if SOS had kept active once the war was "won" in the mid-90's, things might have been different. At least that Easts "merger" exposed the true colours of a few supposedly "staunch" Saints men.

Once again, the work of SOS was brilliant, I'm not being critical either - we thought the storm had passed.

Cheers,
Ben S.

Southernsaint

Staff member
Jimbo said:
R2K = Relocating to Kiama

Jimbo,

When we're looking for advice on the best way to ask the NSWRL for a hand-out, you are more than welcome to post.

Until then, blow out.

Cheers,
Ben S.

dimitri

First Grade
Southernsaint said:
Jimbo said:
R2K = Relocating to Kiama

Jimbo,

When we're looking for advice on the best way to ask the NSWRL for a hand-out, you are more than welcome to post.

Until then, blow out.

Cheers,
Ben S.

:lol: :lol: :lol: