What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs add Ben Hornby to coaching staff as Development Coach

TruSaint

Referee
The South Sydney Rabbitohs are excited to announce the addition of Ben Hornby to its coaching staff for the next two seasons in the role of Development Coach, adding two decades of experience at the highest levels of Rugby League to the South Sydney coaching ranks.

Hornby will work with both the NRL and Pathways squads, with a particular focus on skill development with the top 30 and development contracted players, and will also be a mentor to John Sutton and Greg Inglis who are commencing their coaching careers in the 2020 season.

Hornby had a stellar playing career, playing 273 NRL matches for the St George Illawarra Dragons including captaining the Premiership-winning 2010 side under the tutelage of current Rabbitohs Head Coach Wayne Bennett. He also represented Australia in one Test match, New South Wales in three State of Origin matches and Country Origin on three occasions during his 13-season playing career.

4ad9ae1c-01e8-489e-b9ba-9e76f0404a16.jpg

https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/conten...d4d67f.jpg?center=0.3,0.5&preset=photo-inline

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
Whilst I’m happy Ben has landed on his feet, and proud of the fact the greatest coach of the modern era thinks so highly of him...

...seeing a club legend in souffs colours makes me throw up in my mouth.
Given his performance at SGI, this could be the beginning of the end for Souffs- wished they'd taken Dean Young as well to totally stuff them

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
The South Sydney Rabbitohs are excited to announce the addition of Ben Hornby to its coaching staff for the next two seasons in the role of Development Coach, adding two decades of experience at the highest levels of Rugby League to the South Sydney coaching ranks.

Hornby will work with both the NRL and Pathways squads, with a particular focus on skill development with the top 30 and development contracted players, and will also be a mentor to John Sutton and Greg Inglis who are commencing their coaching careers in the 2020 season.

Hornby had a stellar playing career, playing 273 NRL matches for the St George Illawarra Dragons including captaining the Premiership-winning 2010 side under the tutelage of current Rabbitohs Head Coach Wayne Bennett. He also represented Australia in one Test match, New South Wales in three State of Origin matches and Country Origin on three occasions during his 13-season playing career.

https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/contentassets/c7e3a3d131784fd083af874b44f7770d/58b40198-9486-49cb-867f-102c50d4d67f.jpg?center=0.3,0.5&preset=photo-inline

Well done to him.
If you want the kids to learn what life is like in the real world, you need to kick them out so they can get a taste of it. Hope he continues to learn from Bennett, cause he won't learn squat with McIdiot.

ChocOConnor

Juniors
I am absolutely filthy about this. Ben Hornby to be is what St George is about. They guy knocked back more money at 3 clubs cause of his love for the dragons in his playing days yet we toss him to the gutter to satisfy a scum bag who only has his interests at heart and a bigger fraud who we parade as a coach.

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
That's a charitable view- liked him as a player but it's taken him five years to work out that he was working with a fool and the rest of us had Mary pegged a lot sooner- at best he's a slow learner.

Gareth67

First Grade
I join the chorus of best wishers to this man who played his heart out for the Big Red V and also gave his best as assistant coach .

To the Dragons hierarchy I say shame on you mongrels - you simply cannot go crapping on decent folk as they will only bounce back bigger and better as a result. May he reap all the benefits that a SUCCESSFUL club such as the Rabbitohs can give him .

Meanwhile here at the Dragons we will continue to play marbles in the dirt . . .

Last edited:

boardlumps62

Juniors
He is an ex school teacher if I'm correct or at least has the degree. So he probably is no idiot like the one who he supported. Hope he learns something with the Bunnies and makes his way back to us. Remember only a pup so has at least til age 70 to get it right and come back. Good luck Ben heard he is a good guy.