What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs rumours, signings, injuries etc

Rabbitoad

Juniors
We also have Sutton, Clark, Britt, Talakai and young tava'ale as more than handy backup.
Spot on. I think Talakai will have a breakout year in 2018 (as long as we keep him in the forwards) and with his leg speed and passing game, Clarky could be a very handy option coming off the bench

callmack1

Staff member
Sorry but Clark is too slow for the back row these days...... our opposition would have a field day......

Also lots of these young ones will need time at Norths as well....

We have to be aware as well that some will be good and some just won't cut it.... that's what happens when you get lots of youngsters..... then when some of em become good they chase money elsewhere..........

Leuluai is a back rower I believe....
I think Clark can still be useful. He always does his job in whatever position and he has very good dicipline. I'm not saying he should be there every week but he can do a job off the bench if required.

De tmTrajic

Juniors
Taa. As long as i dont get dragged into the back n forth stuff.

Murray has huge potential plus now particularly with Crichton going he's now even more important.

Fui i like and also has huge potential. Was really looking forward the backrow combo of Murray, Crichton and Fui. Throw in Sam at times covering and wow what an exciting backrow.

Then throw in a front row of Sam at times plus alternating twins. Great stuff!
It's very exciting pack. Tom, George, Sam. If they play wike it's 2014 i think we can treaten anyone.

Rabbitoad

Juniors
I think Clark can still be useful. He always does his job in whatever position and he has very good dicipline. I'm not saying he should be there every week but he can do a job off the bench if required.
Can let in too many post contact metres in defence for my liking when he's defending in the centre third. Technique is fine, but he can struggle to match pure power with some opposition props.

But his effort can't be questioned, is a good defender around the fringes of the ruck and still has plenty to offer in attack.

Can definitely do a job coming off the bench if needed. With three back rowers who'll play close to 80 minutes each week I think Clark in short bursts off the bench could be a really effective option.

burgibigbash

Juniors
Sorry but Clark is too slow for the back row these days...... our opposition would have a field day......

Also lots of these young ones will need time at Norths as well....

We have to be aware as well that some will be good and some just won't cut it.... that's what happens when you get lots of youngsters..... then when some of em become good they chase money elsewhere..........

Leuluai is a back rower I believe....

I'm pretty sure Leuluai is a frontrower. He was in the 20s.

Clark has a blinder last start against Parra. He is still mobile enough to play lock and is still a quality wholehearted defender.
Great backup player and bench player and I wouldn't hesitate to throw him in at lock if needed.

Well we basically went out and grabbed Gagai to replace Goodwin and Aron Gray was on the sidelines more than he was on the park.

The players we have signed will all be fighting for places in the 17 which is very healthy. There will be some quality players sitting in reserve grade this year which is exactly what we need.

burgibigbash

Juniors
Spot on. I think Talakai will have a breakout year in 2018 (as long as we keep him in the forwards) and with his leg speed and passing game, Clarky could be a very handy option coming off the bench

I like Talakai. He copped a fair bagging for his defence last year, but it was just his reads that let him down. His workrate and defence in general were fairly good. He consistently ran for well over 100 metres .

He would be great coming off the bench playing on the left edge. He has a big left foot step and knows how to hit a hole.

burgibigbash

Juniors
It's very exciting pack. Tom, George, Sam. If they play wike it's 2014 i think we can treaten anyone.
That really is the key. George hitting top form.

That one thing alone would make a massive difference. As would Reynolds finding top form again.
If our whole pack and bench forwards play more consistently at their best we can compete with any pack . George, Tom , Sam, Angus, Fui and Murray with the scintillating pace of Cook feeding them and Reynolds kicking game back on song and glory times will be back.

I'm super excited.

Thadius

Juniors
Clark is ok for a back up when needed but is not a regular 17 player. Ditto Talakai, who was dreadful last year and I think a good stint this year in Norths pack is exactly what he needs.

Chriton, Fui and Murray are the keepers.

But at the end of the day when talking of our forwards, if the dropsie twins do their thing, it wouldn't matter if you had Cameron Smith and Bryan Cordner in our pack...we'd still suffer and go no where.

The new coach has to sort their atrocious hands out asap.

Rabbitoad

Juniors
I like Talakai. He copped a fair bagging for his defence last year, but it was just his reads that let him down. His workrate and defence in general were fairly good. He consistently ran for well over 100 metres .

He would be great coming off the bench playing on the left edge. He has a big left foot step and knows how to hit a hole.
Yeah he's definitely not a centre and I don't mean that as a knock on him. At centre you've got more ground to cover and more possible plays being run at you than anywhere else on the park. It's not for everyone.

Physically though, Talakai looked so f**king dominant at first grade level from the time he debuted in 2016 when he was like 18.

He's built so low and hits so, so bloody hard in defence and attack.

Can stop blokes dead in their tracks and consistently makes big metres over the advantage line.

callmack1

Staff member
I'd use him at prop.... a back up off the bench..
Yeah I wouldn't put him back in the second row either, prop for mine.

Question I pose to everyone. Who would you prefer in the 17, Turner or Clark?

Personally, I would actually prefer Turner. He does his job and can be very good at prop, Round 26 last year was one of the best games I've seen him play. A very good defender in the middle too.

It sounds like he is fully converting to prop and that's where he's training so with a full pre season in that position, he should be raring to go.

It all depends how the rest of the pre season and the trails go though. Who knows? Britt could even end up there.

Rabbitoad

Juniors
Yeah I wouldn't put him back in the second row either, prop for mine.

Question I pose to everyone. Who would you prefer in the 17, Turner or Clark?

Personally, I would actually prefer Turner. He does his job and can be very good at prop, Round 26 last year was one of the best games I've seen him play. A very good defender in the middle too.

It sounds like he is fully converting to prop and that's where he's training so with a full pre season in that position, he should be raring to go.

It all depends how the rest of the pre season and the trails go though. Who knows? Britt could even end up there.
Turner over Clark every day of the week.

De tmTrajic

Juniors
That really is the key. George hitting top form.

That one thing alone would make a massive difference. As would Reynolds finding top form again.
If our whole pack and bench forwards play more consistently at their best we can compete with any pack . George, Tom , Sam, Angus, Fui and Murray with the scintillating pace of Cook feeding them and Reynolds kicking game back on song and glory times will be back.

I'm super excited.

Good see an other bunny getting about excited may well be a great team. The nucleus of the pack is obviously the Burgess boys but look at what we have playing along side them. Cam, Angus Cook & an bunch of young boys who could be megastars just around the corner.

How about the backline? A fit GI, a hungry AJ , Gags coming on board & potentially a verrysmart pair of halves.

50/50 we make the eight & from there anything is possible. Time to dream again. 22 is closer thany think.

Pablooo

Juniors
There is a rumor doing the rounds that the Rorters are chasing Josh Mansour and if successful will off load Ferguson. I would be inclined to trade Crichton this season for Fergo and Butcher. I think Butcher will thrive playing NRL for his second year and would take the pain out of losing Crichton. Fergo had a cracker year last season and would only add to our backline.

Veracity

Juniors
There is a rumor doing the rounds that the Rorters are chasing Josh Mansour and if successful will off load Ferguson. I would be inclined to trade Crichton this season for Fergo and Butcher. I think Butcher will thrive playing NRL for his second year and would take the pain out of losing Crichton. Fergo had a cracker year last season and would only add to our backline.

Sounds like just that, a rumour, I just can’t see it

burgibigbash

Juniors

Josh Mansour is a bigger liability in defence than Fergo. .

He's a very good runner out of dummyhalf. That's about as far as it goes with his ability.

Personally I'm quite happy to go in with what we have in the backs. I think Jennings and Graham at 18 and 21 both have great futures ahead of them.

I can't wait to see these two with AJ, GI and Gagai in the same back 5. Fergo is a quality player , but he's a bit hit and miss and rumours were floating about that he's playing up again. The last thing we need headed into a new year with a fresh coach and a very young squad is a player f.....g the whole show up.

I've changed my mind and say we keep Angus for the year and by 2019 when he goes Murray moves to an edge and young Rodwell IMO could come through as a lock forward.

I've seen young Rodwell a few times and he's got the goods I believe and is a mature enough kid and tough enough to handle firstgrade as well as Murray has.

burgibigbash

Juniors
We've got such great depth I think we'll be in a position to challenge for the 8 even with a few injuries. I'm impressed with the recruitment and the development of young players.
Me too 95.

While some are complaining that we only signed Gagai it's very obvious that we have really concentrated on youth. Not just any youth but genuine quality youth. The best players in their age groups coming through and players with really good attitude.

I'm not only impressed 95 I'm as excited as a pig in poo mate.

burgibigbash

Juniors
Turner over Clark every day of the week.
Well I think as we seen towards the end of last year that as these impressive youngsters have come through, the Turners, Clarks, Musgroves , have a bit of competition and were made to fight hard for their positions in the team all spending some time at the Bears. I see it as healthy competition for spots and can only make us better.

To be perfectly honest as much as I love Sutto if his defence doesn't improve, I have both Clark and Turner in front of Sutto. I also have Talakai in front as well.

I'm just hoping that Sutto plays less minutes for more impact and totally proves me wrong and kills it in this his last year. He will definitely get first crack and will definitely be in the starting lineup come round 1 which I think is fair and he deserves and has earned that. But form and form only should rule weather he makes the 17 from that point on.

DynamicRabbit1

Juniors
Rather sign Mansour

Latest posts