What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs rumours, signings, injuries etc

Rabbitoad

Juniors
Penrith have plenty of forwards fighting for spots.
Also will need to make room for 2019 onwards to cover upgrades that will kick in for players
They re-signed him during 2017. I doubt they'd have done that if he wasn't part of their plans for the immediate future.

If he becomes available, f**k yeah, but I don't see it happening mate.

Mixo Joe

Juniors
Ello, ello, ello, speak of the devil, surely it's a bit late for any significant signings now Joe.
Ello Southy! This is what I got from my "tabasco" at a function last night:
Is Crichton having second thoughts about moving to the dark side? Don't worry OVP they just have to sort out some TPAs the deal will be done although he hasn't signed yet. Play him at norths I say or flog the hell out of him - I'm over it. No doubt Fittler will be in Cam's and Tyrell's ear to go to the rorters!

Moves are afoot to bring my namesake back for another stint and unlike me he's not an average Joe!

The Walker swap is just "simmering" not "boiling" a lot depends on the Beagles salary cap issues.
That's all folks and like Shadow I'm pumped!. Can't wait for the season to start - bet there will be a few surprises in the Bunnies starting side!

southsport

First Grade
Is Crichton having second thoughts about moving to the dark side? Don't worry OVP they just have to sort out some TPAs the deal will be done although he hasn't signed yet. Play him at norths I say or flog the hell out of him - I'm over it. No doubt Fittler will be in Cam's and Tyrell's ear to go to the rorters!

Moves are afoot to bring my namesake back for another stint and unlike me he's not an average Joe!

The Walker swap is just "simmering" not "boiling" a lot depends on the Beagles salary cap issues.
That's all folks and like Shadow I'm pumped!. Can't wait for the season to start - bet there will be a few surprises in the Bunnies starting side!

Thanks Joe, if Walker returns then I can't see GI being moved from fullback.

Rabbitoad

Juniors

:joy: A lot of words to say absolutely nothing

themacemaceman

Juniors
If this is legit, it's a great move.

AJ really improved at fullback at the end of last season (particularly his ball playing) and the spine of AJ/Walker/Reynolds/Cook gelled really well together.

Plus it gives us a world class strike weapon on either side of the field and will prolong G.I's career

AJ is a handy replacement and I agree he improved immensely in the roll last season.
However GI is still our no.1 fullback.
I don't buy this playing centre will prolong his career crap.

DynamicRabbit1

Juniors

Assuming this is all for 2019?
Where will Dylan Walker fit in?
Also that leaves us needing a 6

DynamicRabbit1

Juniors
They re-signed him during 2017. I doubt they'd have done that if he wasn't part of their plans for the immediate future.

If he becomes available, f**k yeah, but I don't see it happening mate.
It’s to do with salary cap requirements that they will be open to offers on their players.... Maloney signing plus additional player upgrades including Cleary will require a few deck chairs to be moved.

Peachy has already been offered a deal by Titans and will most likely seek a release

themacemaceman

Juniors
You cover a lot less ground at centre than you do at fullback.

As good as Inglis is, a 108kg guy covering that much ground will cause plenty of wear and tear on his knees.

The amount of kms he covers in a game is probably only a fraction of what he covers during a week a training.
They manage player fatigue with GPS data these days anyway.
They can just balance it up with some less kms at training.

If we are going to move him to centre to prolong his career when might as well put 15 on his back and play him from the bench in the second row.

Rabbitoad

Juniors
The amount of kms he covers in a game is probably only a fraction of what he covers during a week a training.
They manage player fatigue with GPS data these days anyway.
They can just balance it up with some less kms at training.

If we are going to move him to centre to prolong his career when might as well put 15 on his back and play him from the bench in the second row.
He isn't the best bench second rower in the sport though mate. He is the best centre.

As I said though, I'm happy with him in either position

Latest posts