What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs rumours, signings, injuries etc

Itsamansgame

Juniors
What i wouldn't give to have grown up in a RL state.
Not saying i would've made it but at least the pathway would've been there
Yes Trav,it's a game above the rest and the ultimate test for a mans body.
I played hooker Trav all through my junior years and that was when scrums were a true contest and you knew in every scrum you were going to cop something and give something back in return.
A skill that we developed to great advantage was raking the ball back in the play the ball,I wish this would come back which it could now that they are made to play it with their feet.
Miss it so much!

Rabbitoad

Juniors
If Seibs and Richo is going for this Qld theme. We should sign Marion Seve and Tom Mikaele.
Here's a highlight of Tom Mikaele

Seve was brilliant in the lower grades at the Tigers. Not sure how he hasn't played first grade yet.

First time I've seen Mikaele (heard the name a few times), but he looks pretty handy.

Front rowers with a passing game can be a huge asset, especially coming off the bench against tired defensive lines.

doyen

Bench
I played hooker Trav all through my junior years and that was when scrums were a true contest and you knew in every scrum you were going to cop something and give something back in return.
A skill that we developed to great advantage was raking the ball back in the play the ball,I wish this would come back which it could now that they are made to play it with their feet.
Miss it so much!

George Piggins was the ultimate expert in winning the ball back at the play the ball!!

They won't bring it back,sadly!

Travitoh

First Grade
Miss it so much!

I started at 16 when a mate asked me to fill in for the last few games of the season. I played back row and loved it from the first hit up!
The next year i played reserve grade on a Sunday, colts on a Friday night and got selected to go away with the 18's rep side. We went unbeaten and won the 18's premiership (alongside two of my best mates, easily my greatest sporting moment).
As much as i loved playing the game, i grew to be bored of the league where i don't think there have ever been more than 4 clubs in a season and had decided to stop playing by 21. Not a decision that i regret but i always wish i was somewhere that had a strong comp.

southsport

First Grade
G'day callmack,looking up his heritage Mum is Torres Straight Island and Dad Japanese,quite a mixture.
I started at 16 when a mate asked me to fill in for the last few games of the season. I played back row and loved it from the first hit up!
The next year i played reserve grade on a Sunday, colts on a Friday night and got selected to go away with the 18's rep side. We went unbeaten and won the 18's premiership (alongside two of my best mates, easily my greatest sporting moment).
As much as i loved playing the game, i grew to be bored of the league where i don't think there have ever been more than 4 clubs in a season and had decided to stop playing by 21. Not a decision that i regret but i always wish i was somewhere that had a strong comp.
Where did you grow up at Trav?

CAFPOW

Juniors
Seve was brilliant in the lower grades at the Tigers. Not sure how he hasn't played first grade yet.

First time I've seen Mikaele (heard the name a few times), but he looks pretty handy.

Front rowers with a passing game can be a huge asset, especially coming off the bench against tired defensive lines.

I'm not sure, But I think Seve was injured for the most part of 2017 season.

Mixo Joe

Juniors
Jaydn Su'a would be the perfect signing, but yes, I agree about our recruitment policy.

It's paid off in recent times with the likes of Robert Jennings, Adam Doueihi, Junior Tatola etc

People criticise our recruitment a lot (I think some overestimate how much cap space we've had), but given some of the gems we've picked up as fringe first graders in recent years I think it's been pretty damn good.
One of my mates said that he heard on MMM that Angus is having second thoughts about going to the rorters. He loves it at Souths and is very close to Cody. Anyone else heard this?

southsport

First Grade
One of my mates said that he heard on MMM that Angus is having second thoughts about going to the rorters. He loves it at Souths and is very close to Cody. Anyone else heard this?
No haven't heard Joe but I'm not surprised, Gus looks very happy at Souths.

Thanks for sharing mate.