What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs signings, rumours and injuries 2015-16 Part 2

handyman2190

Bench
Isnt this the club that got done for rorting the cap? How many have they signed so far? And ben hunt is on the cards he wont be cheap they upgraded their no6 who wanted 800 and prob got 700
Foran was on 800 plus 3rd parties havent they spent that and more?
Where the hell is the money coming from?
And we can only sign bargain youngsters and no names and no props
Honestly this is a joke

southsport

First Grade
Isnt this the club that got done for rorting the cap? How many have they signed so far? And ben hunt is on the cards he wont be cheap they upgraded their no6 who wanted 800 and prob got 700
Honestly this is a joke

handyman, I think there is an administrator running parra atm so it must be on the level.

Pommy

Coach
Honestly this is a joke

They will have released fringe players like every team has. The player is desperate for a lifeline to keep his career afloat after a bad few years. I doubt he is getting paid anymore than 200k if that.
I hope he turns it around I hate seeing people with talent piss it away and if he can get his head down I'm sure he can be a great player.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
They will have released fringe players like every team has. The player is desperate for a lifeline to keep his career afloat after a bad few years. I doubt he is getting paid anymore than 200k if that.
I hope he turns it around I hate seeing people with talent piss it away and if he can get his head down I'm sure he can be a great player.

Honestly I believe he didn't enjoy playing at Souths. It seems to be a reoccurring thing too. He is a very good centre, which will be hard to find in the market at this time of year. Maybe he didn't believe in his ability to take back the centre spot from hunt, gray or Goodwin? I know he was released because of bad behaviour but it was right at the time when things weren't looking too good for his future and Souths future.

Pommy

Coach
Honestly I believe he didn't enjoy playing at Souths. It seems to be a reoccurring thing too. He is a very good centre, which will be hard to find in the market at this time of year. Maybe he didn't believe in his ability to take back the centre spot from hunt, gray or Goodwin? I know he was released because of bad behaviour but it was right at the time when things weren't looking too good for his future and Souths future.

Don't forget he was banned for most of 2015 for knocking his lass about. I think he's only himself to blame.
Hopefully this is the wake up for him

southsport

First Grade
Last night I watched a recording of the Souths v knights game and was left wondering how we will fill the holes left by the departures of Brown and Joe Burgess.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Last night I watched a recording of the Souths v knights game and was left wondering how we will fill the holes left by the departures of Brown and Joe Burgess.

I believe Rochow is a solid replacement for Brown. I think he will thrive at a functional club if he can overcome his back problems. Joe burgess I don't really know how we replace him especially because our young guns are well... young.

southsport

First Grade
I believe Rochow is a solid replacement for Brown. I think he will thrive at a functional club if he can overcome his back problems. Joe burgess I don't really know how we replace him especially because our young guns are well... young.

Rochow looks to be the most likely to replace Brown and I'm thinking that Gray might go back to the wing, I liked the pairing of Gray and Hunt in the centres though.

Joe Burgess pace will be missed though imo.

handyman2190

Bench
Brown was lrt go because eels offered 100k over what we were willing to pay due to him giving away penaltys but i think he benefited us with his mongrel enthusiasm which we will miss
These days you need to offer overs to get players that are seasoned first graders like it or not, we are not in the hunt for many because we wont this is a mistake
We need to replace tyrel and brown
Rowchow replaces carter so we are 2 props short and unfortunately we will pay the price backs we will be ok but this season our forwards didnt lay a platform i cant see any differences, sitting on our arses thinking we are right
Again our recruitment is F__Cked

doyen

Bench
Brown was lrt go because eels offered 100k over what we were willing to pay due to him giving away penaltys but i think he benefited us with his mongrel enthusiasm which we will miss
These days you need to offer overs to get players that are seasoned first graders like it or not, we are not in the hunt for many because we wont this is a mistake
We need to replace tyrel and brown
Rowchow replaces carter so we are 2 props short and unfortunately we will pay the price backs we will be ok but this season our forwards didnt lay a platform i cant see any differences, sitting on our arses thinking we are right
Again our recruitment is F__Cked

Would have to agree with this--potentially we could be a darn worse off than 2016!

Things won't get any better for GI as he continues to come to grips with injury & ageing.

Once again we will rely heavily on SamB to carry the pack--he can take just so much of that.

I don't tend to watch games other than Sths, & definitely not the Knights!! So I don't know anything much about Rochow other than him being,supposedly,injury prone!!