What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs signings, rumours and injuries 2015-16

Status
Not open for further replies.

Itsmeagain

Juniors
We have signed former Australian schoolboy and ex- rooster outside back.
Signed to a second tier contract through North Sydney Bears

handyman2190

Bench
Hi all i dont know if anyone remembers but last year around november i think we were talking about the bears signing that very mobile aggressive canterbury forward that got released by the dogs for some indescression , im wondering did he sign ? Ive watched u tube he seems a good player , anyone remember his name?

alien

Referee
Hi all i dont know if anyone remembers but last year around november i think we were talking about the bears signing that very mobile aggressive canterbury forward that got released by the dogs for some indescression , im wondering did he sign ? Ive watched u tube he seems a good player , anyone remember his name?

david minute? i heard he wasn't signed

Matrix

Juniors

It was David Minute and no they didnt sign him.

Our recruitment doesn't believe in mungrels only robots who Are too old who can't get a contact anywhere else what's the point in having Sam back with the worst back line in the comp bloody pointless who is the genius in charge of recruitment talk about no idea we didn't even try for Tim Lafai or Hiku or Jennings yet we tried to get a loose cannon like Roberts
Ff sake souths your recruitment and retention is an embarrassment to all members
Sam can't win it by himself with zero threats out wide

Rabbits20

Immortal
I understand your frustration BR.

We just have to get behind the boys.

I hope our backs play with full committment.

GI obviously needs to stay fit. AJ and Auva'a are threats too.

Goodwin is solid and gives his all.

A. Gray can finish a try. I worry about his knee though.

rabbitohs95

Bench
I agree it is frustrating that we're going with the Storm like recruitment of banking on cheaper signings.

The big difference between us and the Storm is that they have the Australian Fullback, Halfback and Hooker, whereas we have a world class Fullback and Lock.

Granted we have a slightly better forward pack but their outside backs are very good.

Our Halfback is a great NRL player but hasn't been used in rep and needs to get up a few steps before we can call him World Class.

We have a fairly young Five-Eighth and Hooking pair.

I'm confident in the group of backs we have that we can find someone that will have a break out year but if not we could be in trouble regarding to scoring tries.

Rabbit toes

First Grade
I agree it is frustrating that we're going with the Storm like recruitment of banking on cheaper signings.

The big difference between us and the Storm is that they have the Australian Fullback, Halfback and Hooker, whereas we have a world class Fullback and Lock.

Granted we have a slightly better forward pack but their outside backs are very good.

Our Halfback is a great NRL player but hasn't been used in rep and needs to get up a few steps before we can call him World Class.

We have a fairly young Five-Eighth and Hooking pair.

I'm confident in the group of backs we have that we can find someone that will have a break out year but if not we could be in trouble regarding to scoring tries.

I'd say the storm pack is better, Bromwich x2, Harris, proctor, glasby, McLean, finucane all being lead around by cam smith. A little better imo.

Dogmatix

Juniors
Souths' recruitment is a disgrace

I don't think you can compare the Storm recruitment. The Storm always have strike power in the backs

Souths appear to have fallen into a bad habit where they recruit players who Maguire has had a past relationship with or from clubs where Maguire has worked previously. Joe Picker, Jeff Lima, Auva'a, Nielsen, Matt King, Hymel Hunt. An awful lot of Storm players in there plus Joe Picker who Maguire worked with as a young player in Canberra

Souths need to scout wider for players than doing most of their recruiting based on guys that Maguire either worked with in the past or who played for Maguire's past clubs

When Maguire leaves Souths he will be doing all his recruiting from Souths based on this

rabbitohs95

Bench
Souths' recruitment is a disgrace

I don't think you can compare the Storm recruitment. The Storm always have strike power in the backs

Souths appear to have fallen into a bad habit where they recruit players who Maguire has had a past relationship with or from clubs where Maguire has worked previously. Joe Picker, Jeff Lima, Auva'a, Nielsen, Matt King, Hymel Hunt. An awful lot of Storm players in there plus Joe Picker who Maguire worked with as a young player in Canberra

Souths need to scout wider for players than doing most of their recruiting based on guys that Maguire either worked with in the past or who played for Maguire's past clubs

When Maguire leaves Souths he will be doing all his recruiting from Souths based on this

I wouldnt exactly call it a disgrace but thats a good insight about Madge signing former players. I wouldnt exactly say thats a bad thing though I agree we should scout furthee from that.

May be too late for 16 by the time Ricoh starts ( end march) it's true though,the storm ALWAYS have strike out wide ,you have to these days ,souths are kidding themselves with the current recruiting ( for new blood outside of our juniors) apart from Sam
You can't win big games without strike players pretty simple
Why doesn't our recruitment get it ?...

Itsmeagain

Juniors
guys, richo will help souths recruit some good players :)
Hahaha Richo recruitment.. Please;

Rhys Wesser
Joe Gnalavauo ( however it's spelt)
David Peachey
Jaiman Lowe
Russell Richardson
Garret Crossman
Luke Lewis ( Richo said he was signed, reneged)
Jarryd Hayne ( Richo said he signed, reneged)
Dean Widders
Jeremy Smith

Jason Taylor (coach)

Yeah Richo is a great recruiter

Matrix

Juniors

Rhys Wesser
David Peachey
Jaiman Lowe
Russell Richardson
Garret Crossman
Dean Widders
Jeremy Smith

Jason Taylor (coach)

Russell Richardson was before Richos time.
I dont remember him ever saying Hayne was signed.

DiegoNT

First Grade

Rhys Wesser
David Peachey
Jaiman Lowe
Russell Richardson
Garret Crossman
Dean Widders
Jeremy Smith

Jason Taylor (coach)

But also
Asotasi
Burgess
Inglis
Allowing Sandow to go because we had Reynolds
Luke (from canterbury juniors)
Teo'o
Tuquri (when everyone thought he was finished)
Auva'a
Not to mention all the juniors who have come through our time, including the 6 (aj, walker, reynolds, turner, Sutton and clark) from our premiership side

Status
Not open for further replies.