What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs signings, rumours and injuries 2015-16

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Makes sense.
Type of player Madge loves. Reminds a bit of Ben Te'o they way he plays.
Also with Grevsmuhl going to Panthers and Sutton likely to be his last year us, makes a genuine replacement.

It won't be Sutton's last year.

He's contracted until the end of 2017.

He may even sign on for 2018 too. Then retire.

Itsmeagain

Juniors

Ok. that is your opinion.

My knowledge is that contracts mean sweet f all in this day and age.
Sutton's body won't hold up. He will play more from the bench this year than starting.
He is my all time favourite player alongside PHIL Blake and I am not one to speak ill about him.
Reality is the game takes its toll and unfortunately his body and age are catching up with him.

Matrix

Juniors

Sutton's body won't hold up. He will play more from the bench this year than starting.
He is my all time favourite player alongside PHIL Blake and I am not one to speak ill about him.
Reality is the game takes its toll and unfortunately his body and age are catching up with him.

I dont agree with much of what you say,but I think in this case you may be right.
Sutton will be 32 at the end of the season and is getting slower and more injury prone,he may have 1 more year after this but I definitely dont think we should extend his contract.

doyen

Bench
I dont agree with much of what you say,but I think in this case you may be right.
Sutton will be 32 at the end of the season and is getting slower and more injury prone,he may have 1 more year after this but I definitely dont think we should extend his contract.

It would be good to see JS make the 300 club--he deserves it!! If he plays in every game in the next 2 yrs-[& if we play in finals]-he will achieve that goal.

Now he's away from that 5/8 posse I think we could see him playing some of his best footy ever.
He can just concentrate on lumbering around & setting other players up. He'll need a Licence to play that way though which Madge may not be willing to give him.

! reckon we could see the best of him over the next 2 or 3 yrs!!!

Last edited:

Rabbits20

Immortal

Ok that's your opinion too.

Sutto will start in nearly all games I reckon.

Most likely he will retire at the end of 2017.

Rabbits20

Immortal
It would be good to see JS make the 300 club--he deserves it!! If he plays in every game in the next 2 yrs-[& if we play in finals]-he will achieve that goal.

Now he's away from that 5/8 posse I think we could see him playing some of his best footy ever.
He can just concentrate on lumbering around & setting other players up. He'll need a Licence to play that way though which Madge may not be willing to give him.

! reckon we could see the best of him over the next 2 or 3 yrs!!!

Agree doyen.

He has 2 good years left in him.

Matrix

Juniors
I think a lot depends on how we go this year and if souths chase the likes of Cronk and Jackson and probably a centre ,players will have to be moved on to accommodate this and Sutton would one of the top of the list along with Tyrell and one of the halves for mine.

alien

Referee

yeah if he plays 2018, he can get to 300 games for souths. he would be turning 34 at the end of that year, so he might be able to..

alien

Referee
so does josh jackson's contract with the bulldogs run out at the end of the 2016 season??? he would be a good pick up!

Itsmeagain

Juniors
Whispers around today that Adam Reynolds has had another go at asking for a release.
I hope they aren't true but a certain team desperately needs a half back and has plenty of cash available.

hurricane57

Juniors
I think a lot depends on how we go this year and if souths chase the likes of Cronk and Jackson and probably a centre ,players will have to be moved on to accommodate this and Sutton would one of the top of the list along with Tyrell and one of the halves for mine.

Sutton has played all his football with Souths so he gets some special consideration under the cap, so he doesn't cost Souths much at all.

handyman2190

Bench
titans???

The titans are A/s/whips if true destabilizing players,they have tyrone roberts surely they can give him a go for a year still maybe he has heard we are trying to get gronk and is scared, plus thinking about it id put my money on penrith being the ones both their halfs are beyond it thry prob want to put that martin with an experienced player and gould is a dog pinching our players

Last edited:

Itsmeagain

Juniors
Sutton has played all his football with Souths so he gets some special consideration under the cap, so he doesn't cost Souths much at all.
Hi Hurricane it's got more to do with his body holding up.
It's not a salary cap issue, although you are right in saying he doesn't take much of our cap at all.

Itsmeagain

Juniors
Samisoni Langi??
I know he played grade in 2012 or 2013 with the roosters..
Our cap is pretty much full so he had to sign with the Bears, nothing to get too excited about.
Some good news is If John Olive keeps impressing the coaching staff he may well be offered a contract.
They weren't too impressed with him last year and rumours were he was signing with Titans, however a good pre season has him back in favour with coaching staff.
I'm hoping he cracks it for a wing spot. Him And AJ would be a good wing pairing imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts