What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs signings, rumours and injuries 2015-16

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rsag85

Bench
Obviously you won't say Goodwin went well even if he does.

I know that before the game has started;-)

Southsport knows too.

Goodwin might be there.

I'm hoping his not but I still believe Madge is keeping his options open at this stage.

doyen

Bench
Rumours that players arent keen on Sam.

They could be garbage though.

This could be true-----almost everything that's eventuated in the last year has been due to Sam's return.

There has been a lot of collateral damage & friendly fire as a result!!

Last edited:
Nielsen Settling With Help of Teammates

Words: Tom Skolarikis I Photo: Sunny Brar
Tue 16th February, 09:45AM
A A http://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/_jcr_content/par/newslist_95ce.rss

1455576407634.jpg

With the help of Rabbitohs teammates, including old friend Greg Inglis, new recruit Dane Nielsen has settled into his new surroundings at Redfern in a short space of time.
Less than a month after arriving at the Rabbitohs, Nielsen donned the red and green jersey for the first time over the weekend as part of the Club’s 2016 Charity Shield victory over St George Illawarra – the three-time Origin player bolstering the team’s defence out wide during the second half.
For his part, the 30 year old has enjoyed the challenges at Redfern so far and has praised those around him for helping him settle so quickly.
“It’s been a lot of fun and a good challenge as well,” said Nielsen.
“Obviously coming onto the scene late in the pre-season means you have a little bit extra to learn because the team’s already been together since October or November – I’ve been here since mid-January.
“But everyone’s been really helpful in getting me up to speed and it’s great to be back in an environment such as this. Even in a very short space of time, you can feel how dedicated everyone is whether it’s in the team or the staff and that just makes me more determined.

“Greg (Inglis) has been a mate of mine for a long time and he’s had me over for dinner and done my washing as well, so all of those things have helped me settle in.”
With plenty of experience, having played for the Sharks in 2007 before stints with the Storm (2008-12), Warriors (2013-14) and Dragons (2015), amassing 111 NRL games, Nielsen will be looking to nail down a spot in the side’s centres in 2016 .
The new recruit was part of Grand Final victories in 2009 and 2012 with the Storm, and would also go on to represent Queensland in three State of Origin clashes in 2011 and 2012, as well as the Indigenous All Stars in 2013. But Nielsen is leaving nothing to chance, fully knowing that there is much work to be done.
“There’s plenty for me to work on – getting the kilometres in the legs for example and I’ve been working at that the last few weeks,” said Nielsen.
“As the weeks continue to go on, everything will improve – I’ve learnt a lot already and really benefited from the set-up here, but there’s lots more to learn.
“I’m approaching it day by day, session by session, and week by week at the moment, focusing on getting all those little things right so I can do my job for the team.
“When that opportunity comes, I’ll be making the most of it for sure. I can’t wait to contribute to the team the way I know I can and doing it for all the Club’s Members. We see them every day down at Redfern and they’re always so excited about their footy and the Rabbitohs. It’ll be pretty special to represent this Club.”

http://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2016/02/16/nielsen_settling_wit.html

Reports are John Lee CEO is going to roosters

John Lee leaves South Sydney to become Sydney Roosters CEO

Date February 16, 2016 - 4:31PM

Adrian Proszenko

Chief Rugby League Reporter

Add another chapter to the Book of Feuds, John Lee is the new chief executive of the Sydney Roosters.
In a reversal of roles, it was Lee who channelled Maximus Decimus Meridius and gave South Sydney co-owner Russell Crowe the thumbs down, defecting from the Rabbitohs to join their bitter rivals. The move will add further spice to the anticipated opening-round blockbuster between the foundation clubs as Lee is expected to begin in his new gig before the start of the competition.
As revealed by Fairfax Media last week, Rabbitohs CEO Lee was the front-runner for the Roosters role after veteran COO Brian Canavan left to take up a posting with the Gold Coast. The tricolours haven't had a CEO since Steve Noyce departed in 2012, but the club used Canavan's departure to review their administration structure.While the Roosters considered several candidates, Lee was on the top of the shortlist. Given the Rabbitohs went through a restructure of their own, bringing back Shane Richardson as general manager of football after a controversial stint at head office, it appeared Lee would likely explore his options.
The 2014 premiers will seek a replacement CEO, although football-related matters will be the domain of Richardson. It is understood Crowe and the Souths board had hoped that Lee would stay put after he replaced Richardson about a year ago. However, the opportunity to join the Roosters proved too tempting.
Lee said that he leaves the club in a good position.
"We broke all of the NRL membership records last year, as the first NRL Club to pass 35,000 members," Mr Lee said.
"This is by far the largest membership base in the NRL. South Sydney is in a strong financial position. The club continues to make a profit with the money being set aside for the future needs.
"The corporate partners are engaged and serviced like no other and the club has continued to strengthen its commitment to the community with an increased number of clinics and educational programs through Souths Cares.
"Souths has great staff and committed players, and I wish them all the best into the future."
Rabbitohs chairman Nicholas Pappas said he was disappointed that Lee had made the decision to leave the club.
"John has many positive attributes and established excellent relations with our key stakeholders," Pappas said.
"John enjoyed a good relationship with our board, our investors and our members.
"We wish him all the best for his next challenge."
The rivalry between the Rabbitohs and Roosters is the most intense in rugby league, further sealed by the defection to the tricolours of superstars including Michael Cleary, Ron Coote and Elwyn Walters. While some have gone the other way in recent years, Lee's switch will only add further theatre to the teams' Allianz Stadium encounter on March 6.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...osters-ceo-20160216-gmvcxx.html#ixzz40J7BhLlb
Follow us: @smh on Twitter | sydneymorningherald on Facebook

Status
Not open for further replies.