What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs signings, rumours and injuries 2015-16

Status
Not open for further replies.

southsport

First Grade
Talk from the Souths camp that GI may be released at seasons end for family reasons.

Forget that, read this.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl...-contract-short-to-join-brisbane-broncos/news

HOMENRLNRL PREMIERSHIPTEAMSRABBITOHS

'I'm enjoying my footy again''I'm enjoying my footy again'0:50
South Sydney star Greg Inglis blasts rumours he will cut his Rabbitohs contract short to join Brisbane Broncos

SOUTH Sydney captain Greg Inglis has emphatically denied speculation he will cut his Rabbitohs contract short to make the move to Brisbane.

Inglis has long been linked to the Broncos — agreeing to a handshake deal with club before reneging in 2010 — and owns a house in Brisbane with his wife.

Rumours of his possible defection have grown louder this week following comments from Wayne Bennett and Steve Renouf.

Broncos coach Bennett said last week the door at Suncorp Stadium will always be open to Inglis if he decides to play there, while Renouf told The Courier Mail the club “have to get him back” if he is interested in leaving Redfern.

Inglis is contracted to the Rabbitohs until the end of 2017, but he’s said to be considering leaving at the end of this year to join the Broncos.

The man in question, however, told Fox Sports on Tuesday he isn’t going anywhere.

“The Brisbane talk will always be around but I won’t be going anywhere,” Inglis said.

“It will never go away ... maybe I should stop going to Brisbane and spending my holidays there.

“I’m happy at Souths and I’ll be staying there. I’ll see what my options are after 2017, see where my family is, talk to them about it.

“I’d like to be playing for a number of years, but you never know what’s going to be around the corner.”

Inglis’ form was down last season and he was hampered by an ongoing knee problem, culminating in surgery on a torn meniscus on the eve of finals.

He’s 29 years old now and will be 30 when his South Sydney contract expires, but insists his body is feeling fine.

“I know I’m going to get asked that the rest of my career but the knee is fine,” Inglis said.

“The off-season gave it a really good break and the knee settled down, I had a hit-out in the All Stars and it pulled up fine.”

Inglis was handed the Rabbitohs captaincy last year and will retain the armband in 2016.

He says he’s enjoying the role and wants to see out his contract with the club to help develop the young talent coming through the ranks.

Last edited:

alien

Referee
they keep talking about how he owns a home in brisbane, but i'm pretty sure i read that he has family staying in it anyway.

Burgess clears air with McQueen

Wed 17 Feb, 2016, 7:00am
By Tony Webeck *, Chief Queensland Correspondent, NRL.com

Email
Print

image.ashx

He was one of the players jettisoned to make way for the return of Sam Burgess to South Sydney this season but Titans back-rower Chris McQueen has revealed the champion forward rang to clear the air before he left Redfern.
McQueen played 116 games for the Rabbitohs – many of them beside Burgess – and is chomping at the bit to face his former club in the Titans' final trial at Burleigh's Pizzey Park in front of an expected crowd of close to 7,000 on Saturday evening.
The match will mark Burgess's first game of rugby league since he won the Clive Churchill Medal in the 2014 Telstra Premiership Grand Final, the dual England international named at lock in a strong South Sydney team that also includes Greg Inglis, Adam Reynolds, Thomas Burgess and Luke Keary making their first appearances in the red and green for 2016.
Conceding that he was disappointed to have to move on in December and find a new home at the Titans, McQueen said that Burgess was quick to get in touch and apologise for the chain of events that led to his departure.
"I was disappointed with having to leave and getting shown the door the way that I did but I also understand that's footy," McQueen said.
"It wasn't his fault. Me and him had a chat after I left the club, he wanted to I guess let me know that he was sorry with the way things worked out.
"I'm understanding of that and there are no hard feelings and I'm very excited to be playing against all the boys.
"He hadn't returned to training when it all went down and I posted a message to all the boys and he gave me a call back pretty quick after that and we had a good chat.
"Me and Sam played a lot of footy together, won a premiership together so our relationship and our friendship will go long beyond footy.
"He's probably the best forward in the world; he'd be up there with the best players in the world. He certainly brings something and is someone that we have to watch and shut down if we want to win this game and be competitive."
A near full-strength Rabbitohs side will give Titans fans a good gauge of how competitive their team will be in 2016, the season-ending knee injury to Kane Elgey prompting bookmakers to install them as wooden spoon favourites.
They are expected to be without Greg Bird (cheek), Josh Hoffman (knee) and Kierran Moseley (ankle) but halves Tyrone Roberts and Ashley Taylor will get the chance to partner for the first time with a full complement of players on the park following their club debuts at the Auckland Nines.
McQueen played 55 minutes – including a 15-minute stint in the centres – against the Eels in Alice Springs last Saturday and said fighting back from 20-6 down to level the scores at 20-all at full-time was a further step forward after qualifying for the semi-finals at the Downer NRL Auckland Nines.
"It shows confidence," said McQueen of their three late tries. "We were down 20-6 late in that game and just like with the Nines when we lost that first game it would have been easy for the boys to lose a bit of confidence and go into our shells a bit but we just kept playing footy.
"We were talking about the result not mattering because it was a trial so to just go out there and play good footy and we did that late in the game and managed to get back and get a draw."
Kick-off between the Titans and Rabbitohs is at 5pm at Pizzey Park this Saturday. Gates open at 1.15pm and tickets at the gate are $20 for adults, $10 for children aged 11-16 with kids under 10 admitted free of charge.

http://www.nrl.com/burgess-clears-air-with-mcqueen/tabid/10874/newsid/92934/default.aspx

southsport

First Grade
Burgess clears air with McQueen

Wed 17 Feb, 2016, 7:00am
By Tony Webeck *, Chief Queensland Correspondent, NRL.com

Email
Print

image.ashx

I saw them on the news Newc, good of Sam to call Chris.

He was one of the players jettisoned to make way for the return of Sam Burgess to South Sydney this season but Titans back-rower Chris McQueen has revealed the champion forward rang to clear the air before he left Redfern.
McQueen played 116 games for the Rabbitohs ? many of them beside Burgess ? and is chomping at the bit to face his former club in the Titans' final trial at Burleigh's Pizzey Park in front of an expected crowd of close to 7,000 on Saturday evening.
The match will mark Burgess's first game of rugby league since he won the Clive Churchill Medal in the 2014 Telstra Premiership Grand Final, the dual England international named at lock in a strong South Sydney team that also includes Greg Inglis, Adam Reynolds, Thomas Burgess and Luke Keary making their first appearances in the red and green for 2016.
Conceding that he was disappointed to have to move on in December and find a new home at the Titans, McQueen said that Burgess was quick to get in touch and apologise for the chain of events that led to his departure.
"I was disappointed with having to leave and getting shown the door the way that I did but I also understand that's footy," McQueen said.
"It wasn't his fault. Me and him had a chat after I left the club, he wanted to I guess let me know that he was sorry with the way things worked out.
"I'm understanding of that and there are no hard feelings and I'm very excited to be playing against all the boys.
"He hadn't returned to training when it all went down and I posted a message to all the boys and he gave me a call back pretty quick after that and we had a good chat.
"Me and Sam played a lot of footy together, won a premiership together so our relationship and our friendship will go long beyond footy.
"He's probably the best forward in the world; he'd be up there with the best players in the world. He certainly brings something and is someone that we have to watch and shut down if we want to win this game and be competitive."
A near full-strength Rabbitohs side will give Titans fans a good gauge of how competitive their team will be in 2016, the season-ending knee injury to Kane Elgey prompting bookmakers to install them as wooden spoon favourites.
They are expected to be without Greg Bird (cheek), Josh Hoffman (knee) and Kierran Moseley (ankle) but halves Tyrone Roberts and Ashley Taylor will get the chance to partner for the first time with a full complement of players on the park following their club debuts at the Auckland Nines.
McQueen played 55 minutes ? including a 15-minute stint in the centres ? against the Eels in Alice Springs last Saturday and said fighting back from 20-6 down to level the scores at 20-all at full-time was a further step forward after qualifying for the semi-finals at the Downer NRL Auckland Nines.
"It shows confidence," said McQueen of their three late tries. "We were down 20-6 late in that game and just like with the Nines when we lost that first game it would have been easy for the boys to lose a bit of confidence and go into our shells a bit but we just kept playing footy.
"We were talking about the result not mattering because it was a trial so to just go out there and play good footy and we did that late in the game and managed to get back and get a draw."
Kick-off between the Titans and Rabbitohs is at 5pm at Pizzey Park this Saturday. Gates open at 1.15pm and tickets at the gate are $20 for adults, $10 for children aged 11-16 with kids under 10 admitted free of charge.

http://www.nrl.com/burgess-clears-air-with-mcqueen/tabid/10874/newsid/92934/default.aspx

Itsmeagain

Juniors
Whispers from around the traps;

Whilst Glenn Stewart was the man being singled out as the leaker last year, with us releasing him, the thought process was the leaks would cease.
However unbeknown to all at the club there was another high profile leaker.
This leaker had run ins with Dylan Walker and Michael Maguire just to name a couple.
Now that this leaker has moved on South Sydney are hoping that the media scrutiny and innuendo will now stop.
Who was the leaker?? Ceo John Lee apparently.

John Lee was the man who Dylan Walker blames as treating him like dog shit, while Madge fought tooth and nail up until the 11th hour to try and convince Dylan to stay.
Talks of Madge talking to Newcastle came from our head office as Lee Made inquires directly to Newcastle.
Lee hoping to rid of Maguire and destabilise he's relationship with the players pushed Newcastle onto Madge and once knights contacted Madge to see if there was anything in it, Lee contacted his media mates to whip up a frenzy.

The reason Reynolds asked for a release, not once but twice this offseason was because Lee wanted Cronk. Make no mistake if Cronk was to come, Keary and Reynolds would be gone.
McQueen was not surprised to be tapped on the shoulder but was not happy with Lee the way it happened.

Madge got in contact with Rusty and I'm hearing it was him who wanted Richo back. Rusty is 100% Behrind Madge and sees him as a career coach. The spat at the players at Rustys place was to let the players no in no uncertain terms that he didn't blame Madge for results last year, he blamed the players.

As soon as Lee announced he was going to roosters, Madge came out publicly to say he wants Reynolds.

With Lee going to roosters, expect Cronk to end up there.....

Status
Not open for further replies.