What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs Vs Warriors

Rabbits20

Immortal
Cool. That's basically the team I wanted to see, except Clark is starting, instead of Grevsmuhl. Another reason why Madge might be keeping Keary at halfback, whilst Reyno is out, is for Keary to have more experience as first receiver and dominate playmaker. It might make him a better player in the long run. I think Reynolds will be back for the game after the bye (vs Manly).

I reckon Madge prefers Grevsmuhl on the bench so he can come on and provide great impact and energy.

Alien I wouldn't be surprised if Clark drops out of the team and Ben Lowe starts at lock. Before Ben got injured 2 weeks ago he was playing very well and was probably close to our best forward for a couple of games there against St George and Melbourne.

Troy Thompson our High Performance guy said Lowe's knee is recovered and he's ready to go this Saturday.

Last edited:

Ttime

Juniors
I know what game i was watching.And i saw Goodwin tackle Roberts in the first try. What else could Goodwin do other to tackle his man?

Whom did Gray tackle in that first try ? noone , zip , caught in no where land.

Nah. You might have watched the game but you don't know what you're talking about.

Let me break this down for you. Roberts has a 4 on his back which means he plays centre. Which means when he runs to the line it is the centres (in this case, Goodwin) job to tackle him. The only time the winger is to come in and jam in on a centre is when his inside man tells him to come in. If Gray had come in he would have left his winger exposed meaning they would have scored in the corner and you would have once again whiunged about how Gray made a terrible decision.

Very clear you have never played the game (and if you did you played when dinosaurs roamed the earth).

hurricane57

Juniors
Madge has been saying how happy he is with Grant and how he's playing well now and adding a lot off the bench.

Grant just has to cut out the stupid penalties and make sure he is consistent.

Madge may be telling you and the media that but I bet you that he whispering something a little different to Grant.

Are you sure you and that other bloke aren't the same fella?

Rabbits20

Immortal
Madge may be telling you and the media that but I bet you that he whispering something a little different to Grant.

Are you sure you and that other bloke aren't the same fella?

All our players have things they need to improve on not just Grant.

You can't just have a go at Grant!

In the background I'm sure Madge is letting Grant know what he needs to work on just like the rest of the squad.

hunters

Juniors
Nah. You might have watched the game but you don't know what you're talking about.

Let me break this down for you. Roberts has a 4 on his back which means he plays centre. Which means when he runs to the line it is the centres (in this case, Goodwin) job to tackle him. The only time the winger is to come in and jam in on a centre is when his inside man tells him to come in. If Gray had come in he would have left his winger exposed meaning they would have scored in the corner and you would have once again whiunged about how Gray made a terrible decision.

Very clear you have never played the game (and if you did you played when dinosaurs roamed the earth).

Hang on.......how can Gray leave his winger exposed? He IS the winger and he DID come in and they DID score in the corner??? I'm a massive critic of Goodwin but he did get to Roberts and the try was largely due to Gray coming in.

Not sure if you're talking about the second try or speaking some "I played the game so I'm more special than you" kind of language but I think Galeforce wins this round.

Inglis: We Love Playing in Perth

Words & Video: Tom Skolarikis & Guy Bevan
Wed 3rd June, 12:22PM
A A

Rabbitohs skipper, Greg Inglis, says that he and his teammates love returning to their Western Australian home of Perth each year, as the men in red and green prepare to take on the New Zealand Warriors this week at nib Stadium.
The annual return has seen consecutive record nib Stadium crowds of over 20,000 strong turning out for fixture, with a healthy representation of both sets of fans in the stands.
“We love playing over in Perth,” said Inglis.
“We get a great crowd and great support over there and the last few years. it’s been terrific.
“It’s been really good – I think we’ve got another year over there in Perth and looking forward to seeing what happens in the future.”
The Warriors will endure a seven and a half hour, 5300km trip – their longest away trip of the season – when they travel to Perth. But the distance hasn’t perturbed the visitors during their last two WA outings against the men in red and green in 2013 and 2014 according to Inglis.
“The Warriors last year – they played really well. Really good footy,” said Inglis.
“We’ve got to be on our A game to come up against them – they can throw anything at us. It’s going to be a terrific crowd no matter what.”
After two challenging weeks for Inglis that saw the skipper in hospital with tonsillitis before Origin I, before sustaining a concussion in Souths’ Round 11 win over the Titans, Inglis says that he is now back to peak condition thanks to a few days rest.
“I had a couple of days off to refresh,” said Inglis.
“Obviously spent a couple of days in hospital and coming off a concussion last week. The Club decided to give me a few days off so that’s refreshed my mind and body. I’m feeling 100 per cent ready to go.”
Click here to purchase your tickets to see the Rabbitohs take on the New Zealand Warriors at nib Stadium in Perth this Saturday, 3:30pm (local).

http://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2015/06/03/inglis_we_love_playi.html

southsport

First Grade
Getting back to Gray and Goodwin, my take is that someone should have been coming across to cover the inside, Goodwin then could have stood wider and Gray stay with the winger..........coaching error perhaps?

hurricane57

Juniors
All our players have things they need to improve on not just Grant.

You can't just have a go at Grant!

In the background I'm sure Madge is letting Grant know what he needs to work on just like the rest of the squad.

You sure are sure of a lot of things, three weeks ago you where sure Grant was the next best thing, now its Madge that really happy with Grant.

I'm not happy with Grant but I understand he is just a cheap bit of meat for running the ball up and stopping other big blokes from doing the same - that's all he's for till the next big bit of meat comes along.

I can have a go at whomever I choose, can I not.

Rabbits20

Immortal
You sure are sure of a lot of things, three weeks ago you where sure Grant was the next best thing, now its Madge that really happy with Grant.

I'm not happy with Grant but I understand he is just a cheap bit of meat for running the ball up and stopping other big blokes from doing the same - that's all he's for till the next big bit of meat comes along.

I can have a go at whomever I choose, can I not.

I didn't say Grant was the next big thing. I gave credit where it was due and Grant played very well when we played St George and he played well against the Gold Coast.

Why are you not happy with Grant every week??? He's been holding the ball and making reasonable carries and not missing too many tackles.

I will say though every second week he gives a penalty or two away which he must improve on.

When we have our full team back I don't expect Grant to be in the 17, I expect him to be 18th or 19th man.

alien

Referee
i was hoping grant would return to his form which got him into the nsw origin side a few years ago

Johnston Ready for First Foray to the West

Thu 4th June, 09:55AM
A A http://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/_jcr_content/par/newslist_95ce.rss

Alex Johnston will play his first ever first grade match in Perth this week when the Rabbitohs play the New Zealand Warriors at nib Stadium this Saturday.
With his teammates regaling him with stories of previous trips to the Club’s home in the west, Johnston sees the trip as an opportunity for his side to bond.
“Sometimes it good to just get away and do something different,” said Johnston.
“So I think to go over to Perth – it’s something we’re looking forward to and I can’t wait to get out there.
“The boys have said it was a great trip and a great atmosphere over there.
“The crowd gets real vocal and (there’s) a lot of local support for us, so I’m keen to get over there and play a good game.”
Click here to purchase your tickets to see the Rabbitohs take on the New Zealand Warriors at nib Stadium in Perth this Saturday, 3:30pm (local).

http://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2015/06/04/johnston_ready_for_f.html

hurricane57

Juniors
I didn't say Grant was the next big thing. I gave credit where it was due and Grant played very well when we played St George and he played well against the Gold Coast.

Why are you not happy with Grant every week??? He's been holding the ball and making reasonable carries and not missing too many tackles.

I will say though every second week he gives a penalty or two away which he must improve on.

When we have our full team back I don't expect Grant to be in the 17, I expect him to be 18th or 19th man.

Orrigth mate, everythings ok.