What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

"Rabs" Warren Retires From NRL Commentary

Dragon David

First Grade
So long Rabbits. You have been the voice of rugby league for decades and I myself will miss your dulcet tones and funny remarks and "mistakes". You were the voice that would be heard in so many other sports and there will never be another who will be able to replicate your broadcasting commentary.

Have a great retirement - you certainly earned it. Now Gus will not have anyone to pick on in the commentary box.

Last edited:

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Rabs will surely be missed. One of the best callers of the game. I loved when he called games Nightingale was in. He loved Nighty.....That is when you knew Rabs had an eye for good rugby League talent. One call he made was "Look at Nightingale he is everywhere tonight. I would not be surprised if he is seen taking the bins out tonight after the game"....

SAP58

Juniors
Agree with all the comments, I doubt there will be another Rabs. I think he was a keen Eels supporter but never let that come into his commentry he called it as it was and had to deal with fools like Gould who thought they knew everything (nothing has changed) but even someone like Gould wouldn't dare contradict the great man. Enjoy your retirement Rabs we will miss you !

thebigredv

First Grade
Cricket has not been the same without Richie, Greig and Lawry together in the commetary box.
Like a piece of our lives lost.

The same goes for Rabs whose voice is synonymous with rugby league, and not one of the incumbent callers has captured our hearts in recent times. I am partial to Vossy though.

Will be sorely missed.

Banger

Juniors
Never showed bias. Not that I recall anyway. His later years and his banter with Gus was pretty irritating but yes he will be missed.

Banger

Juniors
Cricket has not been the same without Richie, Greig and Lawry together in the commetary box.
Like a piece of our lives lost.

The same goes for Rabs whose voice is synonymous with rugby league, and not one of the incumbent callers has captured our hearts in recent times. I am partial to Vossy though.

Will be sorely missed.
Voss is currently the best.

Latest posts