What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Racial abuse allegations

some11

Referee
It was Barnett, Peachey reacts to him after the other Knights players involved in the tackle peel off.

I don't see why Peachey would make it up.

Max_Cady

Juniors
Committing a racisms in current year is the biggest issue of our times in current year.
Arm bands for Peachy through the finals?

Wizardman

First Grade
I get the feeling Peachey may have misheard this one. The fact Peachey backed away from naming the player on the field kinda tells me he was second guessing what he heard.

If he heard it clearly, I'd have thought Peachey would have stood by his claim and named the player.

stryker

First Grade
f**k me...he called him a name. So what? Smack him in the mouth and move on.
Now we are going to have every professional victim, hand wringer and activist in the country having a crack as we lead into the finals series.

Wizardman

First Grade
Barnett has never been the sharpest knife in the draw. He's also a pretty big hot head.... him saying some real dumb shit like that isnt hard to beleive at all.
He looks like some big redneck hillbilly doesn't he?

In saying that, it is something that needs to be investigated as insulting people by their colour in a professional competition just does not work in this current climate. I still think it is a misinterpreted comment though.

nick87

Coach
He looks like some big redneck hillbilly doesn't he?

In saying that, it is something that needs to be investigated as insulting people by their colour in a professional competition just does not work in this current climate. I still think it is a misinterpreted comment though.

Yeah, look i've got no idea if he said it or not but if he did say it, it wouldnt shock me
Dumb overly aggressive hot heads tend to do dumb overly aggressive shit

I hope he's cleared though, i like him as much as i could like any knights player, he's a pretty fun player to root for, sort of guy that always gives 100% which is good for fans

JamesRustle

First Grade
Peachey was gassed and had that i can't breathe look, so made a fuss to get a break in play as he couldn't use a captains challenge.

Chimp

Bench
Taking this incident out of the equation, I could never understand any player using this sort of language nowadays - Even if they are a raging racist, purely for the reason, how on earth will they look their own teammates in the eye.
If Barnett is found guilty of this, what sort of relationship is he going to have with his own teammates?

soc123_au

Staff member
Taking this incident out of the equation, I could never understand any player using this sort of language nowadays - Even if they are a raging racist, purely for the reason, how on earth will they look their own teammates in the eye.
If Barnett is found guilty of this, what sort of relationship is he going to have with his own teammates?
Pretty much this. It didn't work out so well for Joey & Tahu.