What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Racial abuse allegations

Anon

Bench
This is what I don't get. Even if he was called a "black merkin" it isn't being a called a merkin that has offended him but the use of the the prefix 'black'. Now whether or not he's a merkin is debatable but there's no argument as to the colour of his skin.

Last edited by a moderator:

Frailty

First Grade
This is what I don't get. Even if he was called a "black merkin" it isn't being a called a merkin that has offended him but the use of the the prefix 'black'. Now whether or not he's a merkin is debatable but there's no argument as to the colour of his skin.

11yktm.jpg

The_Frog

First Grade
Light brown I'd suggest.

Lebbo73

Bench
So out of 27 people on an empty field, with no crowd noise, Peach was the only one to hear what was said...and did the ref's mike pick anything up?
Nothing. No one else heard it and you can imagine that he didn’t whisper “black c” into his ear. All the posters above who’ve predetermined him as guilty can gagf.

Pommy

Coach
Didn’t see the game I’ve read he may have said I will get you back merkin. What did peachy do to get back?

Apey

Staff member
So nothing new from what was already known.

Interested to see the result of this. I don't doubt what Peachey thought he heard. I don't know of Barnett is the kind of guy to throw out this kind of slur or not. Either scenario, back/black is pretty plausible tbh.

Edit: hadn't seen the above post. Well that's hardly surprising.

Apey

Staff member
why not ? In the search for truth all cards are on the table.

The possibility of Barnett saying it should therefore be directly proportional to the possibility of Peachy making it up.
Yeah nah.

He clearly heard something along the lines of the two competing stories mentioned above. Either are just as likely imo. What's not likely is he heard nothing and made it all up.