What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Racism rears it's ugly head again in Spain

Raider Ultra

Bench
I saw the highlights this moring and it was really bad. Since its not England, Spain will get a slap over the wrist and a few thousand pound fine.

Matt23

Staff member
There should be banned from using the Bernabau for a few games as well, I'd hate to see what happens if an African team plays there...

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Raider Ultra said:
I saw the highlights this moring and it was really bad. Since its not England, Spain will get a slap over the wrist and a few thousand pound fine.

Ahh yes, England are so badly treated by FIFA aren't they? :roll:

Matt23

Staff member
Regardless of who it was, it was a disgrace, and Spain should be penalised, fine and or ban on the bernabeu :roll:
Racism might be acceptable in Italy, *cough* Lazio *cough* that does'nt mean it should be acceptable elsewhere

Raider Ultra

Bench
Have Italy been threatened with expulsion from the World Cup because a few fans went on to the pitch to celebrate a goal? Remember the furore when ENgland fans chanted "I'd rather be a Paki than a turk", hopefully FIFA cracks down on Spain as well.

suburbanknight

Juniors
The uproar in the English press, media and the English FA over the last 24 hours has been nothing short of laughable.

I don't recall the same high moral stance after the recent England-Wales game at Old Trafford. The Welsh supporters were subjected to 2 hours of non stop racism from the English 'fans'.

We have made great strides in the UK to stamp racism out and whilst players of African and Caribean origin have been widely accepted and are less likely to be abused in the UK, we still show a disgusting, xenephobic attitude towards the Germans, Turks, Pakistani's and French.

In other words we are just as bad as the Spanish or any other country that we decide to take the moral high ground against.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
suburbanknight said:
The uproar in the English press, media and the English FA over the last 24 hours has been nothing short of laughable.

I don't recall the same high moral stance after the recent England-Wales game at Old Trafford. The Welsh supporters were subjected to 2 hours of non stop racism from the English 'fans'.

We have made great strides in the UK to stamp racism out and whilst players of African and Caribean origin have been widely accepted and are less likely to be abused in the UK, we still show a disgusting, xenephobic attitude towards the Germans, Turks, Pakistani's and French.

In other words we are just as bad as the Spanish or any other country that we decide to take the moral high ground against.

Agreed.

And saying that racism is acceptable in Italy is nothing short of disgusting. :roll:

A typical case of NFI.

Tidus_Raider

Bench
I was disgusted but surprised too considereing that the England captain and Michael Owen play at the Santiago Bernabeau stadium for Real Madrid. I would have thought they would have shown some respect.

aqua_duck

Coach
I mean considering Madrid is seen as such a modern day big city its a disgrace, also there are so many 'black players' in the primera liga, those idiots acted as if they've never seen a black man before.

well well, again from the town of madrid, we have shitty fans. no shit, theyve been doing it forever, i say we shoot all real and atletico madrid fans and be done with it. the bernabeu is the scummiest ground in the world, shoulda played at camp nou. now thats a class stadium.

aqua_duck

Coach
pennywisealfie said:
well well, again from the town of madrid, we have shitty fans. no sh*t, theyve been doing it forever, i say we shoot all real and atletico madrid fans and be done with it. the bernabeu is the scummiest ground in the world, shoulda played at camp nou. now thats a class stadium.
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

I agree 110%, money can buy you alot of things but it can't buy you respect, bloody real madrid. Their players are a joke, they're fans are a joke, the club is a joke.

Beckham over Ronaldinho :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

bayon

Juniors
Its quite ironic to me that Spanish and Italian fans are at the centre of this racism towards players of African origin. Much of Southern Europe was once conquered by Africans many hundreds of years ago, hence these fans are most likely to be insulting their 'papis' and 'papas' respectively. Havent they ever wondered why some of them have dark features and occasionally curly hair? Obvious denial!

hybrid_tiger

Coach
You English are f**king pathetic, really.

Theres a saying that goes along the lines of not throwing stones in glasshouses...

:roll:

Latest posts