What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Radlinski knocks back Union

L

legend

To see this is a trend I can easily get used to. Good on Wigan, Radlinski and Greg McCallum.

Written by: Media Release
Source: Wigan Warriors
Wigan Warriors today announced that Kris Radlinski had turned down immense offers from Rugby Union to sign a new five-year deal with Wigan.
Wigan Chairman Maurice Lindsay today said:
"I am proud of Kris and all that he has achieved and it goes without saying that I am relieved that he has chosen to stay with us. He was faced with a mammoth offer from a leading Zurich Premiership Rugby Union Club, but in signing for us he has elected to stay with the club who signed him as a schoolboy. He has come right through the ranks starting in our Academy side to become not only an important member of our current Super League side but a mainstay of the Great Britain side. I am proud of all that he has achieved, but this is a great moment for both the club and I believe, Kris himself."
Lindsay continued:
"I am also delighted that Kris has been recognised as an important player by Club Great Britain. Greg McCallum is respected by all the players in our game and I should pay tribute to Greg for his support in this important signing."
Kris Radlinski said:
"I am delighted that the matter has been finally settled. Wigan is my home town and all I ever wanted to do was don the famous Cherry and White and follow in the footsteps of my heroes who I used to watch on the terraces at Central Park. This is a great club and I want to be part of the team’s ambitions to get better and better."
RFL Director of Football Greg McCallum said:
"This is a great announcement by Wigan and I am also happy to have given my personal support. Club Great Britain is a good concept and players like Kieron Cunningham and Kris Radlinski are worthy of the recognition and support they have received."

C

CanadianSteve

There is renewed talk of Radlinski going to union now.