What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Raiders 2007 - Taylor Latest tip.

The Colonel

Immortal
Jason Taylor could well be in the mix as incoming Raiders coach for 2007 according to the Telepgraph. Taylor was thought to be on the outer being the only person not re-signed from Brian Smith's coaching team but it looks like he is waiting on the word of the Raiders job. Knights Premier League coach, David Fairleigh may well be in line to take over the Eels Premier League side.

- On Fairleigh - he has some very big wraps from certain coaches, in particular Warren Ryan, in regards to his ability as a coach.

The Colonel

Immortal
eloquentEEL said:
do you reckon anyone's told the reporter that JT is not the Eels PL coach this year?

I'm not sure they were talking in the context of Fairleigh taking over.....

eloquentEEL

First Grade
The Colonel said:
I'm not sure they were talking in the context of Fairleigh taking over.....

Then the report is incomplete if it doesn't mention that Matt Cameron is the incumbent Eels PL coach.

The Colonel

Immortal
eloquentEEL said:
Then the report is incomplete if it doesn't mention that Matt Cameron is the incumbent Eels PL coach.

Yes and no. The way lower grade coaches are swapped and changed every year there may well be another complete re-shuffle like last year (with a new coach, totally likely).

The Colonel

Immortal
Well rumours narrow it to Chris and Daniel Anderson, Kevvie Walters, Neil Henry, John Lang, Peter Sharp and Jason Taylor. I've got $20 that says the Raiders management aren't even sure.....

parra pete

Referee
Take it from me...NEIL HENRY will be the Coach
Anderson in the mix
From todays SMH
CHRIS Anderson remains a frontrunner to coach the Raiders in 2007, but the former Kangaroos mentor is also being strongly linked to the position at Hull made vacant this week by the sacking of John Kear. Coincidentally, Anderson is in England and attended last weekend's Halifax-Huddersfield clash. Raiders management, meanwhile, discussed whether to add John Lang's name to a shortlist after an approach was made by an intermediary on behalf of the Penrith coach, but eventually decided not to include him in the mix. That leaves Daniel Anderson and Neil Henry as the other main contenders, with Henry the street-corner tip at the moment.

They copped the tip from me..Trust me it is SPOT ON.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I hope your right PP, I'd like to see JT eventually take over from Hagen

Utey

Coach
Take it JT. If your impatient. Didnt know Fairleigh had wraps but intresting to seem him linked to us.

scottyeel

Bench
From http://www.nospam28.com/index.php?id=271

Two-time premiership winning coach Chris Anderson will pull down the vacancy sign at Canberra by Easter after coming to terms with the club.

Sources inside the Raiders who are close to the Phantom revealed on Tuesday night: "the deal is done" and will be made public before Easter.

Anderson's deal is expected to be for two-years.

The former Bulldogs, Storm and Sharks coach had the support of Chairman, John McIntyre.

Anderson, mooted by the Phantom, as the man to replace Penrith-bound Mathew Elliot, has been the front runner all along with the Cowboys' assistant coach Neil Henry, the only other serious candidate.

Latest posts