What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

raiders 3 2 1s

Valheru

Coach
I don't know about everyone else but i feel unperturbed by that loss. If 2014/15 taught us anything it's that a dip in form at this time of year isn't necessarily a bad thing and a 2 point loss on the road to the raiders is hardly disastrous.

As far as the performance goes, we looked like we wanted to be anywhere but canberra in the first 20 minutes and it didn't help that we got penalised out of the half. The 2nd half was much better and we nearly nabbed it at the end but i am not sure winning under those circumstances would have been the better result as far as the season goes. Defensively we were on song only letting in the one try.

No injuries which is a huge plus and from here it is about cementing that top 4 spot, i don't care in which position we finish. Looking at the draw and ladder i think we could lose both games and still make it given our for and against. We would need 2 of dragons, penrith and sharks to lose one of their matches which is highly likely in the case of penrith and even money for the other 2. Having said that losing 3 in a row going in to semis is never ideal so let's get it done this week.

3 radley
2 teddy
1 SST

Headless Chook

Juniors
Well that’s three games in a row at GIO stadium now for me, for three losses.

Got sleeted on, had to put up with some absolute feral dickheads behind us (who were chook supporters) as well as enduring an indifferent loss. But it was worth to see the boys.

I thought the Raiders played pretty well considering the season they’ve had and we definitely looked out of sorts. Keary cannot come back soon enough. All will be right when he returns. Having halves options on both sides of the field again will help immensely.

3. Teddy
2. Radley
1. Cordner

Yep, not that fussed about the loss but deficiencies in our go-forward highlights how much we miss Jared. (Any news on that front?) Napa doesn’t seem that interested. In spite of the way they played, I thought we could always win it. These are the type of games we need leading into the semis. Hope Keary is back for Broncos game cos Latrell is not seeing enough ball.

3. Vic
2. Teddy
1. SST

Tommy Smith

Referee
Yeah I don't care how odd it sounds but quite frankly I'm borderline glad we lost. I wouldn't even be upset if we lost again this week even though I freaking hate the Broncos. That way the run in to the finals will well and truly mirror 2013. A winning streak followed by two tapered defeats then back to being a monster from rnd 26 onwards.

But yes I was frankly mortified at the thought of entering the finals on an 8 game win streak and no expert telling me I'm mad for taking that stance will convince me otherwise.

Just on the game, the Raiders were outstanding. They put in their best game of the season by far to mirror what the Cowboys did.

Between them these two merkins completed a combined 69/72 sets. Disgusting! If the Raiders repeat that effort (and the ref repeats Perenara's effort lolol) they'll beat Souffs by 20 this week. But watch them revert back to type instead.

To only concede one try in that game is one of our most outstanding statistical efforts all season as they have the best attack in the comp apparently. So tbh injuries permitting we are tracking exactly as I'd hoped. I don't even care if we finish 3rd and have to travel to Melbourne - in a night final the dry conditions might even be preferential as dewy night time conditions as it'd be at the SFS is right up both Smith's and those midfield grind wrestlemania merkins alley - see 2015.

Anyway long winded but the 3 2 1...

3. SST 200m + he was immense
2. Cronk outstanding kicking game
1. Cordner typical Boyd strong game + try

Valheru

Coach
Yeah I don't care how odd it sounds but quite frankly I'm borderline glad we lost. I wouldn't even be upset if we lost again this week even though I freaking hate the Broncos. That way the run in to the finals will well and truly mirror 2013. A winning streak followed by two tapered defeats then back to being a monster from rnd 26 onwards.

But yes I was frankly mortified at the thought of entering the finals on an 8 game win streak and no expert telling me I'm mad for taking that stance will convince me otherwise.

Just on the game, the Raiders were outstanding. They put in their best game of the season by far to mirror what the Cowboys did.

Between them these two merkins completed a combined 69/72 sets. Disgusting! If the Raiders repeat that effort (and the ref repeats Perenara's effort lolol) they'll beat Souffs by 20 this week. But watch them revert back to type instead.

To only concede one try in that game is one of our most outstanding statistical efforts all season as they have the best attack in the comp apparently. So tbh injuries permitting we are tracking exactly as I'd hoped. I don't even care if we finish 3rd and have to travel to Melbourne - in a night final the dry conditions might even be preferential as dewy night time conditions as it'd be at the SFS is right up both Smith's and those midfield grind wrestlemania merkins alley - see 2015.

You have summed up my feelings exactly. I don't like losing to the Broncos but wouldn't be concerned if we did. As long as we win one of the next 2 and finish top 4 I am happy.

It doesn't bother me if we don't get a home game week one.

Meanwhile, opposition fans and the media have written us off beautifully which is nice. According to the daily telegraph this morning, the Raiders exposed our weakness, all you have to do is score 1 try and defend...

horrie hastings

First Grade
3 - Teddy
2- Radley
1- Cordner.

Just watched the replay again, reckon Matterson could have scored himself instead of passing it to Aubbo.

Last edited:

Tommy Smith

Referee
You have summed up my feelings exactly. I don't like losing to the Broncos but wouldn't be concerned if we did. As long as we win one of the next 2 and finish top 4 I am happy.

It doesn't bother me if we don't get a home game week one.

Meanwhile, opposition fans and the media have written us off beautifully which is nice. According to the daily telegraph this morning, the Raiders exposed our weakness, all you have to do is score 1 try and defend...
Yep.

Score 1 try and kick 4 penalty goals
Defend like your lives depend on it
Hope Keary and JWH are missing
Oh and complete your sets at 95%

Is that it? Easy!

When I read their diagnosis of our "weakness" it made me even more confident.

I'm not being arrogant but I genuinely believe that injuries are our biggest threat.

You can see that the boys have bunkered down with the bit between their teeth. They know it's theirs to win.