What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Raiders bus to Parra - Need help

Raider_69

Post Whore
Ben where are you boys sitting, i doubt ill be able to get the money through to ya so ill get on the net :)

Boing Boing

Juniors
Somewhere near the 20 at the back of the bay. The Army has a bank account R69, so if you can get to a bank, you shouldn't have any problems. I'll get onto woodgers and see what we can organise.

woodgers

Bench
benmeyer said:
Mate..... Dissapointing.

We are the self proclaimed "best supporters in the league" and you don't want to go because we're out of the finals race? No, I'd hate to say it but you're wrong.

This whole trip is about spending a few hours with your mates, watching some footy, having a sing and just having a good day without worrying about the drive home or anything like that.

We are the best supporters in the league and we will be there for the Parra game because we believe in supporting our team to the bitter end, we aren't fair-weather fans. When the glory finally comes, the players will remember us and right now, they appreciate us for everything we do and that is from the horse's mouth. Don't lose hope mate, thats what you told me after the Cronulla game at Bruce. Let's make the Parra bus THE one to remember, where the Sydney guys (no offense) wish they were on that bus.

Mate, I'm the least fairweathered fan you will find. I have been travelling for over 10 years to support these players and this club out of my own pocket and I am 24 years old. In that time I have witnessed 1 Grand Final premiership season but for the most part it has been a lot of disappointments....yet I have driven on and continued to give the club my heart and soul. I have spent the last 12 months working my backside off organising everything from Season Tickets to Shirts to Buses to Websites to Banners...the list goes on. I'm tired and I feel I have the right to sit a rare away trip out. I'm not giving up but deciding to watch the game on an hour delayed telecast at home. Instead of spending $100 that day, I will keep it for the following Saturday Night against Manly where I will be attending the final home match. As I said in my email mate, It is easier for you to be upbeat because you have been doing this for 1 year. I'm not deserting the side, I will be here next season watching the team go around again, same as always.

Boing Boing

Juniors
woodgers said:
Mate, I'm the least fairweathered fan you will find. I have been travelling for over 10 years to support these players and this club out of my own pocket and I am 24 years old. In that time I have witnessed 1 Grand Final premiership season but for the most part it has been a lot of disappointments....yet I have driven on and continued to give the club my heart and soul. I have spent the last 12 months working my backside off organising everything from Season Tickets to Shirts to Buses to Websites to Banners...the list goes on. I'm tired and I feel I have the right to sit a rare away trip out. I'm not giving up but deciding to watch the game on an hour delayed telecast at home. Instead of spending $100 that day, I will keep it for the following Saturday Night against Manly where I will be attending the final home match. As I said in my email mate, It is easier for you to be upbeat because you have been doing this for 1 year. I'm not deserting the side, I will be here next season watching the team go around again, same as always.

I'm not accusing you of being fairweathered at all mate. Look at who started this thread and what it was about, now you've completely changed your mind.

I'm hoping you'll snap out of it and come along, but of course, it's your choice. I won't be cancelling the bus.

And by the way, I'll cop the "One year" comment on the chin. I may have only been in the Army one year, but I've demonstrated commitment to many different sporting teams in my time and know all about not getting the glory - you just have to push through, loyalty is eventually rewarded.

woodgers

Bench
I'm not questioning your's or anyone else's commitment at all. What I am merely stating are reasons why I am tired and worn out. If we had of won last Saturday then I would probably have all the energy in the world to go to Parra and spur the team on for the finals. The fact that they pretty much chucked the towel in when 9 months hard work was on the line should be considered when you are worried that fans might do the same. They can't make the finals and will most likely get thrashed due to their lack of ticker, you guys will have to sit there as per the last 2 weeks copping abuse because the guys you follow are incompetent, led by an even more incompetent coach. Why should I give up another $100 to watch a game I can see on tele when I have already given up thousands of dollars this year alone? I owe them nothing.

Boing Boing

Juniors
woodgers said:
I'm not questioning your's or anyone else's commitment at all. What I am merely stating are reasons why I am tired and worn out. If we had of won last Saturday then I would probably have all the energy in the world to go to Parra and spur the team on for the finals. The fact that they pretty much chucked the towel in when 9 months hard work was on the line should be considered when you are worried that fans might do the same. They can't make the finals and will most likely get thrashed due to their lack of ticker, you guys will have to sit there as per the last 2 weeks copping abuse because the guys you follow are incompetent, led by an even more incompetent coach. Why should I give up another $100 to watch a game I can see on tele when I have already given up thousands of dollars this year alone? I owe them nothing.

Because you'll be with all your mates and you'll have a great time. Why are you talking about this in relation to the coach or the Raiders? This is one massive boys trip with no designated drivers!

This bus is costing into 4 figures. I'll be very disapointed if people start pulling out now, just because of the loss on the weekend or the year in general, not to mention all the poor sods who have already paid and are eager to go. Right now, we're on 32. With you not coming it drops to 31 and if two more people pull out, it doesn't happen.

I don't know about you, but I don't want all the effort to go to waste. I've spent a fair few lunch hours on this.

Raider_69

Post Whore
yea come on woodgers mate! Its tough to go in and spend that sort of money knowing that we will probably lose and show no heart at all but it will be worth it
we'll all be there, all there watching the boys getting smashed! By with those numbers it sure to be a great day no matter the score :D We should get close to 50 people in that bay, win lose or draw it will be awesome...

Raider Azz

Bench
Which brings me to the Roosters' semi last year. We all knew we would get smashed, and we didn't care. We sung our hearts out for the lads anyway, and had a lot of fun.

That's what I'm hoping Parra will be like.

Sully

Juniors
Listen hear you pricks:

You are all in unless signed off from myself.

Woodgers mate you are an inspirational leader and without yourself many opposing fans will not go home with there hands in their head saying "Am I like a life jacket?"

You are close to the No.1 mate, almost there - Pete and Super Bruce are up there!

Please tell me next week against the Eels Ill will not be singing "BORING BORING NIGHTMARE"

Myself and Bay will blow up!!

There is only 2 games left for the boyz (Yes dot.coms really 3 but we wont be at this weeks game : NET RADIO does not count)

You are in!

No one likes us, we dont care.

We are all down on the side but trust me, we are specials!

Sully

Juniors
Damn...

Saying Pete and Super Bruce has only strenghtened your argument.

Guys... "What does a bear and rabbit sh*te have in common..."

I deadset could neck that Bloke!

or

"You should be in the NFL"

Where do these Pelicans come from

... Ultra thoughts??

SOULS 04

Juniors
woodgers man you seem to be a top bloke so get down with the boys... you will be sorely missed if you don't...

not much to go this year and i will be relieved when its over too caus its benn soo bloody depressing... cmon mate hook in for one more sydney trip this year.

BAY72

Juniors
I'm still in.

and yes Ben I think you have seen more games this year (bastard) but the Skiing was fantastic and unfortunatly the games I missed we lost.

So I'm definatly in this week. I will probably still go even if the bus is cancelled (lest hope not)

Latest posts