What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Raiders fined 150k

Well it doesn't reflect well on the Raiders management that either they weren't aware of what was in their own lease agreement for the stadium; or that they thought they could just disregard it altogether.

nick87

Coach
Well it doesn't reflect well on the Raiders management that either they weren't aware of what was in their own lease agreement for the stadium; or that they thought they could just disregard it altogether.

Why do you think they weren't aware of it?
Of course the club was aware of it.
Christ, i was aware of it, the potential for this fine has been reported by the CT a number of times.

They took the game to Wagga anyway probably hoping it wouldnt be enforced but probably expecting it would be. They are in the middle of trying to renegotiate the lease agreement, because the Raiders (and brumbies btw) are being given a very raw deal given the money being offered up for the AFL to bring 3 games here.

The fine hasn't surprising anyone. The club wants a better deal, showing the ACT GOV they have other viable options to play games is all just part of the deal.

Bazal

Post Whore

They'd have known about it. They just couldn't give a shit, I'd suggest.

In fact I'd not be surprised if this was a not-so-subtle "f**k you" to the govt, especially given the Chief Minister has been very public in his preference for the AFL and his calls to scrap the new rectangular stadium and instead build a f**king basketball arena

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade

Gosh, im so glad we have "RL people" in charge....

I mean, sure, a person with any actually qualifications would have read the contract before they signed the f*cking contract. But, ya know, "RL people" just get it.

nick87

Coach
They'd have known about it. They just couldn't give a shit, I'd suggest.

In fact I'd not be surprised if this was a not-so-subtle "f**k you" to the govt, especially given the Chief Minister has been very public in his preference for the AFL and his calls to scrap the new rectangular stadium and instead build a f**king basketball arena

Correct
I have no idea where the idea that the club didn’t know about this came from
Haha

The club knew what they were risking with this and did it anyway because they think their current deal is horseshit

bileduct

Coach
“If this is how the ACT government is going to treat the Raiders and their fans, then maybe it’s time to start thinking about bringing the Raiders back to Seiffert Oval and the investment it would take to make that happen.”

Emptiest threat ever.

The Great Dane

First Grade
The ACT Gov did the right thing not only by themselves but by the taxpayers as well.

The Raiders signed a contract they should keep to it or suffer the consequences, you may say that the contract is shit (and I'd agree that in hindsight after all the benefits that GWS have been given, that by comparison it is a raw deal) but that is beside the point.

Anyhow the way that the Raiders have been going about things has been stupid anyway, hopefully this will be the wake up call that they need to make them realise that acting like spoilt children with delusions of grandeur isn't the way to get what they want...

Latest posts