What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Raiders game.

kit66

Bench
I can't believe all the overreacting bs over the last few seconds of this game. Here's a bit from The Age

"Ben Hunt could have been sin-binned three times in the dying moments of a game that dealt a blow to Canberra's finals hopes"

What absolute crap. The ref did what he does every other game and Hunt was square anyway. We've copped more than our fair share of dodgy calls, especially in sin bins and from the judiciary but that's life. The Age, Gus Gould and a bunch of other "click bait" and attention seekers can go eat a d*ck.

We'll probably cop 5 sin bins against the Broncs as a square up.

Last edited:

SEAT 1A

Bench
I couldn't care less if it was or wasn't a penalty that should have or could have or may have or whatever. The game is over, we lose some, we win some. They lose some, they win some.

I'm just happy that for once we won a close game rather than lose it in the final few seconds (that is if they kicked the penalty goal if awarded and win in golden point).

We won, yeah!!!!

Agree David.

The tech was introduced to stop the howlers. Now it's at CSI levels and it will never be perfect.

In the past, yes, you were pissed off however, it would always even it self out.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
I can't believe all the overreacting bs over the last few seconds of this game. Here's a bit from The Age

Ben Hunt could have been sin-binned three times in the dying moments of a game that dealt a blow to Canberra's finals hopes
Poor Raiders. My heart goes out to them.
But here's a better take... it's a competition, they even call it that. And right now Saints have got the 2 points while denying a competitor 2 points. That's how the competition works.
A blow to their finals hope... tragic. Maybe they should have been more competitive throughout the season or be the better team on the day.
Bunch of socks. Victim mentality indeed.

Yow

Juniors

"Ben Hunt could have been sin-binned three times in the dying moments of a game that dealt a blow to Canberra's finals hopes"

What absolute crap. The ref did what he does every other game and Hunt was square anyway. We've copped more than our fair share of dodgy calls, especially in sin bins and from the judiciary but that's life. The Age, Gus Gould and a bunch of other "click bait" and attention seekers can go eat a d*ck.

We'll probably cop 5 sin bins against the Broncs as a square up.
Did they ever put Cam Smith in the bin Munster is laying there over the tackled player like mange on a dogs back but dont knock the darlings

Dragon Blood

Juniors
Probably because they don't give them a free feed and drink at the club or some fancy restaurant. Would you waste a good beer and spring rolls on the current batch of journalists?
I personally wouldn't throw/give a dry bone to any of the current journo's. I think Sterlo was the best in the business for such a long time until he retired late year. He was always polite, unbiased, knowledgable about the "modern" game, and a true gentleman. Except for the time he wanted to bash Phil Slothfield at a shopping center in a Country Road store. Wish he would have but Slothfield apparently had 3 stents in his heart. Explains why the oxygen to the brain might be a bit slower than most.

Yow

Juniors
I personally wouldn't throw/give a dry bone to any of the current journo's. I think Sterlo was the best in the business for such a long time until he retired late year. He was always polite, unbiased, knowledgable about the "modern" game, and a true gentleman. Except for the time he wanted to bash Phil Slothfield at a shopping center in a Country Road store. Wish he would have but Slothfield apparently had 3 stents in his heart. Explains why the oxygen to the brain might be a bit slower than most.

justadragon

Bench

An interesting read that highlights many of what we on the forum see and post about
I have said lately that he might be suited in the forwards, thus taking the pressure off him to create a try, he can then concentrate on his defence which will need to improve.

Latest posts