What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Raiders get the rub of the green

The Engineers Room

First Grade
Seriously, why is it every time a ref comes to Parramatta stadium do they slant their decisions away from the home side in both grades?

Raiders first try was the most obvious double movement, 50/50 calls with knock ons and forward passes went their way, Cayless was livid by the end of this game and the ruck was a joke, they were holding down like dominant tackles when there was no dominance in the tackle at all.

Canberra were very good but Parramatta certainly weren't 10 points worse last night.

ouwet

Bench
Seriously, why is it every time a ref comes to Parramatta stadium do they slant their decisions away from the home side in both grades?

Raiders first try was the most obvious double movement, 50/50 calls with knock ons and forward passes went their way, Cayless was livid by the end of this game and the ruck was a joke, they were holding down like dominant tackles when there was no dominance in the tackle at all.

Canberra were very good but Parramatta certainly weren't 10 points worse last night.

:lol: The first try was a clear try, no doubt about it! Sore losers!

legend

Coach
You're kidding right? Ben Smith's try was fair in your eyes? Had Canberra been awarded a decision like that we would have seen the torching of Cumberland Oval revisited.

You guys failed to find touch from a penalty...twice.

At the end of the day the better side won.

skeepe

Immortal
:lol:

You say this despite the fact all Parramatta's points came directly from sets that were the result of very, very iffy decisions. Classic.

Cayless was ropable because nobody around him was putting in. And you're right, Canberra weren't a 10 point better side, they were a 20 point better side. Only poor refereeing brought the Eels as close as they were.

Oh and it's only a double movement if the arm carrying the ball hits the ground first, which happened at no stage in that tackle.

Cletus

First Grade
I loved Anderson at the press conference

"Haynsey's a bit gunshy because he can't throw foward passes anymore"

f**king cheats:lol:. Give us our two points back.

aussies1st

Staff member
A few 50/50 calls don't go your way so you guys decide to drop the ball, give away more silly penalties and fail to find touch? Did this also lead to your attack being so unorganized?

Didgi

:lol:

You say this despite the fact all Parramatta's points came directly from sets that were the result of very, very iffy decisions. Classic.

Cayless was ropable because nobody around him was putting in. And you're right, Canberra weren't a 10 point better side, they were a 20 point better side. Only poor refereeing brought the Eels as close as they were.

Oh and it's only a double movement if the arm carrying the ball hits the ground first, which happened at no stage in that tackle.

Skeepe. You won, you dont need to criticise the refs :)

LOL @ thread starter. I take it you didn't see last years Raiders/Eels game at Parra stadium where you were absolutely gifted the 2 points by the refs on a silver platter. I still get irked when I think of that bitch Luke Burt signaling ten mins in the bin to the ref, and the ref actually listening to him and sending Milne to the bin. Pathetic.

Parra play for penalties. They're the biggest bunch of milkmen in the comp. When they don't get them, they cry...as witnessed last night (even though they did get a couple of bullsh*t calls their way. I guess the refs felt sorry for them).

Firey_Dragon

Coach
Eels are their own worst enemies. The ref's have stopped them from sitting at 0-5. How anyone could blame the refs for that loss is beyond me, it's laughable actually.

They're playing like garbage and almost all but secured a spot in the bottom 8 already unless they seriously improve in the next 5 games, which looks unlikely.

skeepe

Immortal
LOL @ thread starter. I take it you didn't see last years Raiders/Eels game at Parra stadium where you were absolutely gifted the 2 points by the refs on a silver platter. I still get irked when I think of that bitch Luke Burt signaling ten mins in the bin to the ref, and the ref actually listening to him and sending Milne to the bin. Pathetic.

Parra play for penalties. They're the biggest bunch of milkmen in the comp. When they don't get them, they cry...as witnessed last night (even though they did get a couple of bullsh*t calls their way. I guess the refs felt sorry for them).

How about that ridiculous milk from Cayless late in the game? Can't believe they blew a penalty for that one.

petetheileet

First Grade
Parra are ill disciplined and need to be hot with things going their way to be a success

well done to the Raiders!!!

butchmcdick

Immortal

It's not that your team is sh*t but a giant case of bias against your club by the refs.

The song of losers everywhere

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach

Seriously, you are off your head. The refs weren't a factor last night.

Paullyboy

Coach
Cayless was livid by the end of this game and the ruck was a joke, they were holding down like dominant tackles when there was no dominance in the tackle at all.

I'd say Cayless was livid because it dawned on him that he is not up to scratch anymore. To be honest I haven't seen much of the Eels this year untill last night and I was surprised to see just how weak his running game has become.

It's a shame too, I rated Cayless and always thought he was a gun, but he definately looks like he has played one year too long.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Is it the refs fault the Eels kept throwing forward passes to Hayne?

How about that ridiculous milk from Cayless late in the game? Can't believe they blew a penalty for that one.

Indeed, that was a pathetic milk.

If not for the refs, the Eels would be 0-5, if not for the refs, they wouldn't have made the finals last year... For the life of me I'll never know how an Eels fan can complain about refereeing at this time.

ouwet

Bench

:lol: That penalty was funny. If anything the Raiders should've won by 20+ but the Ref's kept the Eels in it.