What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Raiders release Dobson, Sign N Smith

mxlegend99

Referee
even if hes on 200,000$ contract, you do realize its over 3 years? so he only gets 66,666$ a season. thats less than i make ffs.
:lol:

It's amazing you can earn that much money when you can't even read a simple newspaper article.

The figures in the paper are per season, not the total sum of his contract.

The $200k a season might be slightly off, but it would be close. Don't forget that Matt Elliott fought for the Panthers to make a big offer to keep Nathan Smith (which is rumoured to be $150k a season), and the Raiders beat our offer.

Who gives a f**k really...it was reported in a newspaper of all places, anyone with common sense knows how factual they aren't

mxlegend99

Referee
It's the only figure to go off at the moment.

The only know facts are that the Raiders often end up paying overs for players, and that the Panthers made a big offer to keep him also. So while the $200k a season is probably wrong, i don't think it would be that far off the mark.

raidersforme

Juniors
Mx it would be close as costigan was on 170k plus incentives and he is replacing the 50 minute wonder so i think getting an extra 30 mins per game for same money is great.

also with nrl considering going back to 8 interchanges it makes sense to have as many 80min players as you can. hence why weyman the 10 minute wonder is leaving