What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Raiders Team vs Cowboys

Steven Gerrard

First Grade
Another Raider Set for NRL Debut

06/07/04: Fone Zone Canberra Raiders coach Matthew Elliott has promoted Premier League winger Nathan Smith into the first grade lineup for this Saturday's home clash against the North Queensland Cowboys.

Smith comes into the side to replace Phil Graham, who is out for 6 weeks after injuring his ankle last weekend against the Wests Tigers.

The Raiders will be at almost full strength this Saturday, with Joel Monaghan and Ruben Wiki both making their returns to the playing field.

The Cowboys sprung an upset over the Raiders in round 23 last season, their first ever win in Canberra, and the Raiders will be keen to erase the memory of that match and continue their surge towards the top four.

Telstra Premiership Round 18

Fone Zone Canberra Raiders v North Qld Cowboys
5.30pm, Saturday 10 July, 2004
Canberra Stadium

Coach: Matthew Elliott

1 Clinton Schifcofske
2 Nathan Smith
3 Adam Mogg
4 Joel Monaghan
5 Michael Robertson
6 Matthew Gafa
7 Mark McLinden
13 Jason Croker
12 Ian Hindmarsh
11 Ruben Wiki
10 Luke Davico
9 Simon Woolford (c)
8 Ryan O’Hara

14 Troy Thompson
15 Jason Bulgarelli
16 Michael Hodgson
17 Terry Martin
18 Alan Rothery
19 Todd Carney

thickos

First Grade
nice looking side that. Well done to Smithy on getting his debut, geez we've had a few debutants this season (not necessarily a bad thing). Good to see Joel and Ruben back, that certainly strengthens the outfit - it just looks more complete. The kids have been doing a great job for us but nothing beats an injection of experience.

Interesting that Carney is #19 - will he survive the bench cull?

Raider_69

Post Whore
BULGA DROPED TO A BENCH!!
:clap: :clap: :clap:

unfortunatly this may spell the end of Carney
congrats to Smith as well :clap:

The bench id like to see

14 Troy Thompson
16 Michael Hodgson
18 Alan Rothery
19 Todd Carney

Edwahu

Bench
I would be suprised if Carney loses his spot, he has shown steady improvement every game and adds a definite spark when he comes on. Maybe a shock start for Carney with Gaff onto the wing for Smith?

peter_raiders

Juniors
That would be pretty cruel to tell a young guy that hes going to make his debut and then drop him and hr b4 kickoff...i doubt that would happen..

woodgers

Bench
I picked one!!!!

Smithy deserves it too. That is close to the strongest side we have had out on the park all year.

There is not one pack in the league that would confidently say they would get the better of this weeks starting forwards .

Come on you Greens

legend

Coach
I'd drop Thmmo and Bulgarelli and run with Carney, Martin, Hodgson and Rothery on the bench. Perfect IMO.

Grantwhy

Juniors
Cowboys team, hot off the website :)

2004 Telstra Premiership: Round 18
Date: 10th of July 2004 Kick Off: 5.30pm (fox live)
Canberra Raiders vs NQ Toyota Cowboys

NQ Toyota Cowboys
Run On Team

1. Matt Bowen
2. Neil Sweeney
3. Josh Hannay
4. Ty Williams
5. Matt Sing
6. David Myles
7. Nathan Fien
8. Paul Rauhihi
9. Leigh McWilliams
10. Mitchell Sargent
11. Luke O'Donnell
12. Steve Southern
13. Travis Norton (c)

Interchange

14. Aaron Payne
15. David Faiumu
16. Daniel Strickland
17 Shane Tronc

laurie

Juniors
The raiders should win by 30 !! good side ! just get rid of bulgarelli and thompson and we will enjoy a try fest on saturday night

Edwahu

Bench
Interesting to see David Faimu in the cowboys side, another one who got away from us :(

Paullyboy

Coach
Laurie, Thompson has been one of our better players of recent weeks - I dont understand where you are coming from with that comment.

Anonymous

Juniors
Dammit, finially we see the end of Bugger but it comes at the expense of Toddy.

Hopefully we'll see Bugger removed and Toddy retained.

Also cudos to Nathan Smith, well deserved :clap: :clap: :clap:

Prodigiousman

Juniors
funny how Smith comes straight in on the wing...

wasn't he listed at lock in PL last week?

Hope he goes well but I don't believe he's up to NRL standard.

I don't expect him to play.

greeneyed

First Grade
Have you seen him play lately Prodman? As I said earlier, I agree with Woodgers that both Smith and Milne have been going very well. His promotion doesn't surprise me at all.

Edwahu

Bench
What kind of player is he?
If Gaff moves to the wing during the game we could have a huge threequarter line.

Prodigiousman

Juniors
I saw Milne play against the Dogs and he was quick quick quick...

unless Smith has made massive strides and I mean MASSIVE strides this year, i am a bit confused to see how he comes in ahead of even (gulp) Bulgarelli - and MOnas to wing - esp when he moved to the fwds last week.

raidersfan

Juniors
Keep gafa and Smith where they are just have the bench as this

14 Troy Thompson
16 Michael Hodgson
17 Terry Martin
19 Todd Carney

Thats a tough bench!