What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RAIDERS V STORM

edabomb

First Grade
An optimistic wave has swept over me today. The Raiders WILL win!!!!! Get used to it Earl!!!! I've just obtained the 1992-1994 Raiders Select stickers. Life is good!!!

Kris_man

Bench
i've got a good feeling too. i actually changed my tip from storm to raiders on raiders.com.au

Kris_man

Bench
just heard on ABC radio that Mogg is in serious doubt with a shoulder injury. if he is out, i would think that robertson would play on the wing, with joel moving to the centres. it would be a real shame, cos he's the only one in that back 4 that's got a half chance of making a line break. i'd like to see elliott bring up a mogg style player rather than the "solid" robertson.

Are you serious...where did u get that info from???is it reliable??

im dying to see my robbo on tv again

yeah i just re-read ur message abc radio...wat station number is dat..or do u fink it will be on 2gb???

Kris_man

Bench
ok raiderette, but bear in mind that it was NOT confirmed. in sydney, ABC radio is 702. 2GB are usually the best with late team changes, but this one i heard on ABC. i think they have to confirm team changes 30 minutes before the game, so we'll know at 2pm.

Earl

Coach
edabomb said:
An optimistic wave has swept over me today. The Raiders WILL win!!!!! Get used to it Earl!!!! I've just obtained the 1992-1994 Raiders Select stickers. Life is good!!!

I Bleed Green said:
I too have a very good feeling about this game.

No one's expecting us to win... therefore, we will!

:clap:

edabomb

First Grade
I get optimistic before every game.......but right now I think I've accepted we have nothing in 2004.

SOULS 04

Juniors
im pretty close to saying bring on 2005

but yeh im in till the death semis or none ill be watching against the roosters and the rabbits

GO RAIDERS!

mike83au

Juniors
Don't tell Elliott the season's over
Rugby league By Peter Fitzgerald
Monday, 16 August 2004

E for Error-riddled, D for Disastrous or P for Please don't put me through that again.

It was these options Canberra Raiders coach Matt Elliott was deliberating over last night as to where to file the video tape of yesterday's 36-18 loss to the Melbourne Storm.

His final decision may as well have been S for season-ending.

With the exception of the first 15 minutes - in which Canberra displayed its most creative period of football since defeating the Brisbane Broncos in late June - the Raiders justified why it will be unlikely to be playing anything but the X-Box when the National Rugby League finals series begins in a month.

While yesterday's loss doesn't mathematically bring the Raiders to the end of the road for season 2004, it does make the journey a whole lot more difficult.

It places them in a position where the tightrope to the play-offs will fall flat on the floor if they can't defeat the Sydney Roosters at home next weekend.

If their final 65 minutes of yesterday's match was anything like their first 15, it would be the Storm and not the Raiders caught up in the pressure-cooker in the run to September.

Early on, the Raiders played with intent.

There was rejuvenated fire in the belly.

They acknowledged the importance of the match and appeared to be rising to the challenge.

But it was as if an instant dose of the flu struck them all of a sudden.

Gone went the strength and energy they displayed which led to a Jason Croker try in the opening minute.

Gone was the slick maneuvering and hunger which had the Raiders threatening to send the Storm back to Melbourne clinging to the top- eight by a thread.

Quite simply, gone went the prospects of Canberra's season.

And to add insult to injury, exciting teenage forward Michael Weyman was ruled out for the remainder of the year after injuring his sternum late in the first half.

While disappointed in the loss, coach Matt Elliott wouldn't be coaxed into the line of thought that his sides season is as good as over.

"No way," he said.

"There's some opportunity there for us. Were certainly not looking at it in that way at all."

When quizzed in the post-match media conference that the Raiders possibly weren't serious top-eight material going on yesterday's performance, Elliott still remained positive for himself and his players.

"I can see what you're insinuating ...but I thought the start of our game was pretty creative," he said.

"We struck some difficulties out on the field. For some of that we were our own worst enemy but there were some other enemies there as well."

Believed to be questioning the overall performance of referee Paul Simpkins, who was loudly booed from Canberra Stadium by the 9801 loyal supporters, Elliott was supported by his captain, Simon Woolford, on the matter.

"It was very frustrating," Woolford answered regarding his on-field clashes with the referee.

"I don't have anything good to say about the referee, so I won't say anything at all."

Storm coach Craig Bellamy didn't have anything negative to say, however, about Simpkins' efforts.

In fact, he was too busy recalling the words to the team song, which was bellowed loudly by the players and coaching staff after the win.

"Not too many people would remember the song. It's been a little while actually, since we've been able to sing it," Bellamy said.

"But I think everyone was just happy with the performance and probably a little relieved as well that we still know we've got it."

thickos

First Grade
Raider Ultra said:
That it was another unacceptable, crap performance, and the fans deserve better.

Fair call.

'We are embarassed as a football club today and I am going to do everything in my power to turn this slide around and give the fans pride in the Green jersey again.'

Latest posts