What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Raiders VS Bulldogs

raidersforme

Juniors
The CFMEU Canberra Raiders have recalled Marshall Chalk to first grade this weekend, for the Raiders do or die clash against the Bulldogs at Telstra Stadium on Sunday afternoon. Chalk replaces William Zillman at fullback, after the Raiders number one was ruled out this week with a season ending knee injury.
The Raiders have also recalled Brett Kelly to the first grade line-up on the wing for Bronx Goodwin, with Goodwin shifted back to the Premier League.
Matt Bickerstaff will make his run on debut for the Raiders after impressing in his first outing last weekend against the Cowboys, which means Neville Costigan will start Sunday’s match from the interchange bench.
Raiders skipper Alan Tongue undergoes surgery to repair a broken nose this afternoon but has still been named in the side, with Michael Weyman on standby on the bench if Tongue is unavailable this weekend.
NRL Round 22
CFMEU Canberra Raiders v Bulldogs
At Telstra Stadium, Sunday August 12, Kickoff 2:00pm
1 Marshall Chalk
2 David Howell
3 Phil Graham
4 Colin Best
5 Brett Kelly
6 Todd Carney
7 Michael Dobson
8 Dane Tilse
9 Lincoln Withers
10 Scott Logan
11 Matt Bickerstaff
12 Glen Turner
13 Alan Tongue (c)

14 Josh Miller
15 Tom Learoyd-Lahrs
16 Neville Costigan
17 Joe Picker
18 Michael Weyman

http://www.raiders.com.au/www/detail_desc.php?news_id=395

raidersforme

Juniors
Bulldogs side

1. Trent Cutler
2. Hazem El Masri
3. Daryl Millard
4. Willie Tonga
5. Cameron Phelps
6. Ben Roberts
7. Brent Sherwin
8. Jarrad Hickey
9. Corey Hughes
10. Chris Armit
11. Sonny Bill Williams
12. Andrew Ryan (c)
13. Reni Maitua

Interchange:
14. Adam Perry
15. Nick Kouparitsas
16. Fred Briggs
17. Mark O'Meley

Source: www.bulldogs.com.au

Macko8

Juniors
Hmm thats quite interesting dropping bronx back to premier league.

Bickerstaff played well saturday night but i dunno if he deserves to walk into the run on side ahead of costigan and TLL.

I suppose with costigan and TLL we'll have alot of impact off the bench when they come on, and good to see picker retaining his spot.

Chalk at fullback? I think this is a bad choice , with Zillman out I thought Goodwin was an automatic choice , not in FG at all? Chalk probably deserves a spot in the 17 but not fullback. Kelly on the wing , hows his performance in PL? I hope tongue is fit we need him , but in saying that if cops a hit on the nose and it bleeds again maybe he should sit out a week , we need 17 players to finish the game .

Timbo

Staff member
To say I'm baffled by that is a massive understatement.

All year we've had this dilemma of Goodwin vs. Zillman, now FINALLY Goodwin gets a chance to have 4 straight games to show his stuff he's axed?

Add to that Chalks horrific performance at fullback the only time he played there this year and really I'm stumped by this one.

sydraider

First Grade
You have got to be Fecking kidding me!

Why the hell would he want Chalk at Fullback ahead of Bronx?

Sydney_Raider

Juniors
I know one person who will be happy with the selected side this week, Sherwin. He will have a field day. Chalk will offer us something especially when attacking the Bulldogs line from those reverse passes. Kelly can consider himself very luck from what I saw in PL. Agree totally about Tongue. I can't believe he is even being considered. We more often than not finish with less than 17 players when they are all fit. As much as I admire Tongue, if they declare him fit and his nose starts bleeding again he will be letting the team down. Have a couple of weeks off FFS.

Can someone please give me the definitive mail on Campese, this is getting ridiculous. He is not even being acknowledged by way of a spot on an extended bench to show that he is in the coaches thoughts. A clear MOM in PL last week.

Chachi

Bench
Fair enough for Bronx to be dropped I guess, but Chalk could be a disaster at fullback. I hope not - especially with 4 forwards on the bench again.

canberra_raiders2k2

First Grade
bronx was terrible last weekend, fair enough on him getting dropped..but where is campo??

4 forwards on the bench yet again..i thought we would of learned from the c'boys.

Bay56

First Grade
Timbo said:
To say I'm baffled by that is a massive understatement.

All year we've had this dilemma of Goodwin vs. Zillman, now FINALLY Goodwin gets a chance to have 4 straight games to show his stuff he's axed?

Add to that Chalks horrific performance at fullback the only time he played there this year and really I'm stumped by this one.

Ditto.

f**k I cant understand some of Henry's selections at times ... quite frankly I wonder what the guy is on.

Does he have intentions of playing Chalk as our second string FB in the future ??? .... FFS Henry get real man !!

Bay56

First Grade
canberra_raiders2k2 said:
bronx was terrible last weekend, fair enough on him getting dropped..but where is campo??

4 forwards on the bench yet again..i thought we would of learned from the c'boys.

Double ditto mate.

But I dont agree with Bronx being dropped ... a couple of missed tackles where he was stepped by Bowen and after a terrible missed tackle by Tongue didnt deserve being dropped to PL.

nickraider

Juniors

Exactly mate. What is Henry thinking?!! We really need a utility palyer on the bench and Campo would have been the logical choice. Not sure about Chalk at fullback either.

donkey|rope

Juniors
Sydney_Raider said:
Can someone please give me the definitive mail on Campese, this is getting ridiculous. He is not even being acknowledged by way of a spot on an extended bench to show that he is in the coaches thoughts. A clear MOM in PL last week.
someone needs to get to the bottom of this story

Brimmer

Juniors
I have no problem with Bronx 'doing time' back in the reggies. His defence was woeful in my opinion. This year was always going to be a chop n' change affair to see where our squad sits in 08. He'll be a great player though.

Surely somebody knows about Campo? If he did something wrong he should be demoted but nothing has been reported?

I think the depth of our squad is pretty damn good. The only problem is that there are not many stand outs in our roster. We don't lose much bringing in one player for another. This has probably been the case for a number of seasons now.

MadDogMason

Juniors
You Raiders are in for a great chance on Sunday if our current team on paper has anything to do with it. Luke Patten is waiting to see if he pulls up by Sunday so his a chance and Tonga isnt 100% so I think its safe to bet that there will be a fair few changes come Sunday.

legend

Coach
I don't expect us to win this because we aren't mentally strong enough as a team to get into an arm wrestle with a tough team like the Bulldogs and Sherwin will have a field day with our wingers and fullback.

Sydney_Raider

Juniors
TLL vs SBW that should be fun to watch.

Time for TLL to fire this weekend. I was disappointed with his effort last week. Making allowances for it being his second game back and the humid conditions. Costigan and Bickerstaff will also be better for the run and it will be up to these 2 to shut down SBW.

Hopefully Logan will not give away stupid penalties and Dobson will be able to find room with his kicks in general play something he was unable to do against the Cowboys.

Would of been confident in this one but team selection has left me less than hopeful.