What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Raiders vs Warriors

legend

Coach
Hard to miss a tackel when the opposition player is five metres in front of you.

He is so slow it's not funny and has zero acceleration.

Sydney_Raider

Juniors
shear_joy9 said:
Wouldn't mind getting flogged in these last few rounds if it ment Henry gets the can. Although it will never happen.

Never liked him, do not rate him as a coach at all.

In some ways I wish the Roosters had got rid of Ricky Stuart earlier so we could of picked him up. He is the type of win at all costs character we need at the club and we are also sadly lacking that type of character on the field. If you watch all the top teams there is always one person barking instructions and firing up his team mates, I don't see that at the Raiders. Tongue is not that type and the halves aren't experienced enough to be calling the shots.

Not prepared to bag Henry just yet but I fear 2008 is shaping as another poor year. I think those experts who tipped the Raiders for the wooden spoon this year may have gone off a year to early. I see more improvement in a lot of other sides who are currently languishing at the bottom of the table.

legend

Coach
Agreed. Penrith will improve next year and I see St George, Roosters and Newcastle also back in the mix.

We need to cast off all the mediocre players like Miller, Bickerstaff and Howell and focus on guys like Picker.

I'm over Weyman as well. We all pinned our hopes on him and he has turned out to be a bust.

julian87

Juniors
IMO, Howell is the best winger at the club by a country mile. No way would I get rid of hime when there are guys like Kelly, Bickerstaff and Jones loitering on the fringes.

St. Brett

Juniors
There's BIG trouble brewing on Saturday, guys.

Apparently NZ have something hidden up their sleave.

They're gonna bleed this new guy in so late in the season.

story.helen.clark.cnn.jpg

I don't know if they're authorized to do this.
His name is? I don't know.......Big Mac. He's a forward.

Scary ain't it?
Almost as scary as the imbreeding going on over there between humans and animals.
6legger.jpg

St. Brett

Juniors
Malcom X claimed that I'm the greatest swine eater on Earth. I'm more partial to Scotch fillet steak and prawns really.

Anybody watch the replay of last Sunday's game thismorning at 8:30am on Fox?

I don't know about watching TV that time of morning.
I watched it either way.

I only got on TV two times.

Now, let's get down to business.

I jotted down some notes last night on what to do against the Worriors.

The question is....can you regroup in time to do a number on these guys?

Here's what I envisioned will happen in the first 20 minutes of the game on Saturday against the Worriors.
It will be 8 nil their way.
It will be an improved preformance from Canberra defensive wise.
So in the first 20 minutes it will be tight and low scoring, which then tells me that on SportsTAB's over and under betting under will be a lock down!
If SportsTAB post -38.5 for the game I'm laying big.

Now.....I don't know if anyone cares about my tactics or not, but here's what Canberra's gotta do to be in this game!
Understand that the Worriors are red hot at the moment so you're already hard pressed against it already.
They'll be pushing for top 4 spot, home final, so that's their incentive so they'll be more hungrier than you guys.

So what Canberra have to do is upset their tempo.

Slow down the speed of the play the ball and test the ref to the limit. (Jared Maxwell? Please! He's that serial killer lookalike Richard Speck, guy'll bend easy. play to him.)
It's a home game so he'll show leniency so abuse the refs genorosity. Test him to the limits.
Fight if you have to.
Get in their face and do what Justin Hodges does to opposition players.
Dog them in every tackle. Lay all over them in surrender tackles. (Boxers sap strength off their opponents by laying all over them.)
Force them to fight and become frustrated. (I can see Steve Price now blowing up.) It's near the end of the season so what have you to lose? Give us a nice f**king dirty game for a change stop being so damn nice, ok? C'mon fire up those cylinders and play dirty if you have to. Just play a slow game and stop their quickning.

The NZ Worriors are only good this year because of the influx of Aussie players in their squad.
Price, Fiend and Wade McKinnon. How good's that guy playing? And Witt! Those Aussie boys are carrying that team alone. Cut down Price and his barging runs and frustrate them to lose their cool.
If you can get a roll-on then the steam train will come.
Oh, and Canberra? Don't let 'em off-load!
What Steve Price will do is draw 3 players in to tackle him and he'll swirl around, suck in the defense and create the offload overlap for the centers.
Cut steve Price down and you can beat the Worriors.
But frustrate them first.
See to it that they're fuming and questioning every call, alright?

Just watch how Easts beat them in the Grand Final. Kick early and watch their butter fingers come out in their half of the field.

skeepe

Immortal
Dr Crane said:
Oh dear, the Raiders forum certainly is a bastion of intellectual power

Hey, St. Brett's not one of ours. He's a Novocastrian I believe, he just has an unhealthy obsession with the Raiders.

St. Brett said:
There's BIG trouble brewing on Saturday, guys.

Apparently NZ have something hidden up their sleave.

They're gonna bleed this new guy in so late in the season.

story.helen.clark.cnn.jpg

I don't know if they're authorized to do this.
His name is? I don't know.......Big Mac. He's a forward.

Scary ain't it?
Almost as scary as the imbreeding going on over there between humans and animals.
6legger.jpg

wow... your getting more original by the day St Brett.

Just wondering though whether or not that 'inbreeding between humans and animals' was a product of this unholy union

mebull.jpg

Leethal

Juniors
Dr Crane said:
Oh dear, the Raiders forum certainly is a bastion of intellectual power.

Well then, I'm off to the Warriors forum to discuss quantam physics, theology, philosophy,etc.........

Nope, just another footy forum after all.:( :( :(

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
Leethal said:
Well then, I'm off to the Warriors forum to discuss quantam physics, theology, philosophy,etc.........

Nope, just another footy forum after all.:( :( :(

Sorry to dissapoint.

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
Mixmasterreece said:
wow... your getting more original by the day St Brett.

Just wondering though whether or not that 'inbreeding between humans and animals' was a product of this unholy union

mebull.jpg

Jesus reece, put that away and stop scaring the forum readers.

Dr Crane said:
Jesus reece, put that away and stop scaring the forum readers.

Hay hay, give St Brett a break, his modelling days may be in his past, by judging by the website in his signature that boy still got game.

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
Leethal said:
No worries Doc. I'll move on.

By the way, "dissapoint" should be "disappoint". How's that for intellectual power!!!

I can't help it, i'm being dragged down to the level of the locals!

By the way, in the future, finish questions of with a question mark, rather than exclamation marks. :p

dubby

Bench
Boy oh boy, this thread turned nasty real quick.

I just hope the Raiders come out and win a game to allieviate all the emotion and pressure thats building in here.

Neil Henry must be lying awake at nite wondering whats to do with this Homer Simpson?

Legend, just get rid of the sugar, ok?

Leethal

Juniors
Dr Crane said:
I can't help it, i'm being dragged down to the level of the locals!

By the way, in the future, finish questions of with a question mark, rather than exclamation marks. :p

*Sigh*

Doc, it's a capital "i". Try it - "I'm".

Dubby, who's getting nasty? We're just having a friendly dig, ain't we Doc!

P.S. I'd end the last statement with a question mark, but as with my last post, it was an exclamation and not a question.

Chachi

Bench
St. Brett said:
Dog them in every tackle. Lay all over them in surrender tackles. (Boxers sap strength off their opponents by laying all over them.)
Force them to fight and become frustrated. (I can see Steve Price now blowing up.) It's near the end of the season so what have you to lose? Give us a nice f**king dirty game for a change stop being so damn nice, ok? C'mon fire up those cylinders and play dirty if you have to. Just play a slow game and stop their quickning.

The NZ Worriors are only good this year because of the influx of Aussie players in their squad.
Price, Fiend and Wade McKinnon. How good's that guy playing? And Witt! Those Aussie boys are carrying that team alone. Cut down Price and his barging runs and frustrate them to lose their cool.
If you can get a roll-on then the steam train will come.
Oh, and Canberra? Don't let 'em off-load!
What Steve Price will do is draw 3 players in to tackle him and he'll swirl around, suck in the defense and create the offload overlap for the centers.
Cut steve Price down and you can beat the Worriors.
But frustrate them first.
See to it that they're fuming and questioning every call, alright?

Just watch how Easts beat them in the Grand Final. Kick early and watch their butter fingers come out in their half of the field.
Not bad points. We seem to go better if the likes of Weyman, Costigan and Logan fire up a little.

we certainly need to wrap up the ball carrier - which is easier said than done - especially for our outside backs who nearly always get towelled up.

If they start chucking the ball around and the passes stick we're in a world of pain. We somehow need to put them off early and hit hard when they look to offload. Standing off them waiting for something to happen like we did with SBW will be suicide.