What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ram was spot on.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Disagree with Ma'u.

We need someone who is arrogant as well as a hard-nosed tough guy. A forward leader who lets the opposition know it.

Ma'u is too quiet a guy. Almost introverted.

The Parra pack has always been the Mr Nice guys in the last few years but we are always penalized heaps.

Adrian Morley wasn't much of a talker. Neither was Ruben Wiki.

I think we need a guy whose actions speak volumes - Hock was the perfect player to transform this team, but since he's not coming, I reckon Ma'u will do just fine.

Ratchy

Juniors
Disagree with Ma'u.

We need someone who is arrogant as well as a hard-nosed tough guy. A forward leader who lets the opposition know it.

Ma'u is too quiet a guy. Almost introverted.

The Parra pack has always been the Mr Nice guys in the last few years but we are always penalized heaps.

We had the perfect player with mongrel the only problem is he did his ACL and is out for the season

Eelementary

Post Whore
Our last BK lowrie didnt do that good

Haha! Yeah...who made that comparison, anyway? What a silly comment that was!

With guys like Edwards (he was really aggressive tonight - I loved it), Ma'u (always aggressive), Moeroa (he just has the perfect attitude and technique in D) and Tanginoa, we have some aggression to hopefully take us places in years to come.

yy_cheng

Coach
Haha! Yeah...who made that comparison, anyway? What a silly comment that was!

With guys like Edwards (he was really aggressive tonight - I loved it), Ma'u (always aggressive), Moeroa (he just has the perfect attitude and technique in D) and Tanginoa, we have some aggression to hopefully take us places in years to come.

With Mau he has agression but he doesnt sell it.

He doesnt stand over them or taunt the opposition if he gets on top of them.

Lussick does. Pauli probably does too but Pauli's work ethic isnt there yet

I'm saying what JWH, Gallen, Bird, Watmough, Myles brings with the

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
With Mau he has agression but he doesnt sell it.

He doesnt stand over them or taunt the opposition if he gets on top of them.

Lussick does. Pauli probably does too but Pauli's work ethic isnt there yet

I'm saying what JWH, Gallen, Bird, Watmough, Myles brings with the

Give a Mau a chance, can't ever recall a player becoming a leader after just 12 or so games

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
If somehow we could get watmough for next year, he could be our most important signing of the last decade. One experienced leader is what our pack needs

Chipmunk

Coach
So at present we are running around 9 to 10 players of polynesian or pacific island background in our Top 17 players, depending on who you class as our Top 17.

Looking at the current Top 5 teams, as well as the Melbourne Storm (because of their success in recent season), none of these teams presently have more than 5 players of polynesian or pacific islander background in their current team. This includes the Dogs.

It's a fact that no team has ever won an NRL premiership with the number of polynesian players that we have in our Top 17 team. In fact it appears no team has also ever made an NRL grand final (including the Warriors) with the number of players of polynesian and pacific island background that we have in our Top 17.

All I'm doing is proving statistics, so don't shoot the messenger! Whether any of these statistics has anything to do with the reason why we're not successful, I really have no idea. But they do make interesting facts for discussion.

Last edited:

El Diablo

Post Whore
So at present we are running around 9 to 10 players of polynesian or pacific island background in our Top 17 players, depending on who you class as our Top 17.

Looking at the current Top 5 teams, as well as the Melbourne Storm (because of their success in recent season), none of these teams presently have more than 5 players of polynesian or pacific islander background in their current team. This includes the Dogs.

It's a fact that no team has ever won an NRL premiership with the number of polynesian players that we have in our Top 17 team. In fact it appears no team has also ever made an NRL grand final (including the Warriors) with the number of players of polynesian and pacific island background that we have in our Top 17.

All I'm doing is proving statistics, so don't shoot the messenger! Whether any of these statistics has anything to do with the reason why we're not successful, I really have no idea. But they do make interesting facts for discussion.

how do you explain NZ winning the 2008 RLWC?

which players should be replaced by whites so that we can supposedly win?

Last edited:

Chipmunk

Coach
so you can't answer the question

I just provided statistical information on the NRL competition, I doubt any of that answered any questions either, if anything it just asked more questions.

But having said that, the NZ Test team could win the next 50 World Cups, doesn't really mean that success will correlate into the NRL. Look at one S Kearney as coach

Last edited: