What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ram was spot on.

yy_cheng

Coach
Yes, I think Morgan is genuine right side player. If Morgan plays on the left the only time Radradra will get the ball is from kick returns and dummy half runs.

I'm sure Hopoate could play on the left though.

Or pair semi with Hoppa on the right

and switch morgan to the left.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Yes, I think Morgan is genuine right side player. If Morgan plays on the left the only time Radradra will get the ball is from kick returns and dummy half runs.

Plus cut outs from Hayne and Norman. Radradra isn't exactly getting loads of opportunities outside Willie Tonga at the moment, and wingers aren't dependent on their centres for opportunities. We need to kick more for Semi.

I'm sure Hopoate could play on the left though.

I'm sure he could. With a full off season training there that might be what happens, especially if Morgan genuinely prefers the right side.

El Diablo

Post Whore
A national team where they have the very best of the best of their nation and only need to play 2 or 3 games max against quality opp and then Australia has an off day is hardly a great example of what is being said. NZ's consistency is appalling too. Look at their record. With some of the players and teams that they have had over the years, they should have done much better then what they have done in the international arena and we all know it.

Whenever Aust and NZ are playing against each other and the teams are fairly even in talent, you hear the commentators always say in the end Australia's professionalism will probably get them over the line to win the clash and invariably it does. Now what dose their PROFESSIONALISM word mean I wonder.

never ever heard anyone say that

what makes you think NZ players aren't professional?

El Diablo

Post Whore
Au contraire my friend, that is my point, talent wise for example is Cooper Cronk really more talented then say someone like Shaun Johnson or Benji Marshall or is Cameron Smith that much more talented then Issac Luke. I say not. I say talent wise all three of them NZers have them beat for talent. But the Aussies have the mind set that trumps talent more times then not at that level.

so if those three were white their mindset would be different?

oldmancraigy

Coach
The chooks lost a very aggressive player in Luke O'Donnell, who was on one leg, but it is the attitude that he brought to their team and in particular pack. Now is it a surprise that they are now struggling for consistency.

It has nothing to do with race, but all to do with culture and attitude.

Example A. Is it any surprise that probably the best and most consistent player of Islander descent to ever play is Petero Civoniceva who if I had to guess growing up in QLD in the time he did, there would not have been the same amount of Islanders as there are now. Therefore he would of had to assimilate moreso into the Aussie culture, which in turn gave him a different mindset and attitude.

Look it will change over time for the islanders, the more they assimilate the more they will become mentally toughened like the European players, but it will take a generation or so.

Example B. Why do on average Asians do better then Europeans at Maths and the Science's? Not because they are superior humans or have better brains then the rest of us, but because of the way they are driven through culture and attitudes.

People might not like the politically incorrect truth, but cultures are different which does NOT mean they are any better or worse then any other. It may mean though that a specific attitude or culture is less suited to professional sport from a consistency point of view. But again let me make myself clear, it can an will change with more exposure and all humans are equal no matter what race. Players like Petero and Jeremy Smith are prime examples of that. Players like Frank-Paul Nu'uausala and Joseph Paulo are of the opposite kind.

Sorry Ram, but your post is soooo stupid it isnt even funny.

Example b). How come there are euro lecturers in mathematics at the top universities in the world?
answer: because it is an extreme sample at the absolute limits of a testing group, and not a representative of the entire group

Even if you have a point, first grade league players are extreme sample at the absolute limits of a testing group, not everyone from a particular culture can play 1st grade league. And not everyone who is in first grade exhibits the general characteristics of their 'average culture'.

Basically you are presenting the kind of generalised argument that Pou uses when trying to irritate people. Sadly you seem to believe yours...

Bigfella

Coach
It's a shame all those islanders can't be more switched o, hardworking and reliable as ram's favourite player, Brad Watts.

TheRam

Coach

Example b). How come there are euro lecturers in mathematics at the top universities in the world?
answer: because it is an extreme sample at the absolute limits of a testing group, and not a representative of the entire group

Even if you have a point, first grade league players are extreme sample at the absolute limits of a testing group, not everyone from a particular culture can play 1st grade league. And not everyone who is in first grade exhibits the general characteristics of their 'average culture'.

Basically you are presenting the kind of generalized argument that Pou uses when trying to irritate people. Sadly you seem to believe yours...

Sorry but your psycho babble and mathematics lecturers line crap means FA in the real world of different cultures and peer behaviors.

What's even sadder still is that you don't seem to realize that cultural differences do make a huge difference as to how people will respond in the work place and no amount of pc denial crap will ever change that.

TheRam

Coach

Basically you are presenting the kind of generalised argument that Pou uses when trying to irritate people. Sadly you seem to believe yours...

It's a shame all those islanders can't be more switched o, hardworking and reliable as ram's favourite player, Brad Watts.

Does his first name matter? He makes that many dumb plays he probably forgets it himself.

He cant really be white?

He looks like the only shoes he owns are thongs and footy boots.

Sorry I wanted to give a talented player a chance to get his s**t together and benefit Parra at the same time. He was still young enough at the time to maybe turn his life around. Unfortunately he has lost that chance forever now.

Honestly, I laughed at this.

But then I wondered how I would feel if any of my ancestors or loved ones had been turned into soap, or lamp shades. Maybe humour is always cruel, to some extent.

Conclusion is, I get the joke, but it's probably best to not go there.

TheRam

Coach
Honestly, I laughed at this.

But then I wondered how I would feel if any of my ancestors or loved ones had been turned into soap, or lamp shades. Maybe humour is always cruel, to some extent.

Conclusion is, I get the joke, but it's probably best to not go there.

Ya think?!

oldmancraigy

Coach
Sorry but your psycho babble and mathematics lecturers line crap means FA in the real world of different cultures and peer behaviors.

What's even sadder still is that you don't seem to realize that cultural differences do make a huge difference as to how people will respond in the work place and no amount of pc denial crap will ever change that.

Cultural differences make a massive difference. But either all players from a particular culture, who also play NRL, exhibit a set of behaviours, or your theory is stupid.

Since they do not all exhibit your accused behaviours, your theory is bunk. The maths lecturer thing was something you started, and an example of how a cultural trait doesn't affect the whole set in the same way, especially at the extreme performance end.

Give up your racial profiling, and just accuse Parra of having some lazy quitters. It is true. But some of them are white....

20teamarl

Juniors
how do you explain NZ winning the 2008 RLWC?
ricky-stuart.jpg

Latest posts