What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ramen Noodles

MilkShark

First Grade
https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...s/news-story/86871a966608a4dac547170cfffc49b7

Axed Newcastle centre Jesse Ramien is set to sign to return to the Cronulla Sharks next season in a move he hopes will re-ignite his career.

Fox Sports has been told Ramien is set to sign a four-year deal worth $2 million with the NRL currently examining the contract before it is rubber-stamped.

Despite well-documented salary cap challenges after the Sharks self-reported breaches dating back to 2013, Cronulla is believed to be cap compliant at present.

This means the club is expected to be cleared to sign Ramien, the young gun centre who enjoyed a breakout season in the Shire in 2018.

Despite the NRL’s salary cap for next season increasing to $9.8 million per club, Cronulla’s limit will be $9.45m due to salary cap punishments.

The interesting twist for Cronulla will be how coach John Morris attempts to restructure his backline for next season in order to accommodate Ramien.

The Sharks are expected to try and shift a couple of players over the summer.

After an unhappy 11-month tenure in Newcastle, the Knights opted to cut Ramien loose.

The North Queensland Cowboys and Wests Tigers were also keen on the centre but the Sharks was always his preference.

The Knights even performed an 11th hour backflip after coach Nathan Brown was pushed out of the club but Ramien rejected the approach.

chewsta

First Grade
I like noodles but centre is nowhere near our biggest problem. The 3 currently battling for the spot plus Ronaldo is a centre. Thats 5 NRL centers (including Noodles) fighting for 2 positions. Theres going to be some upset players for Bomber to deal with.

President Trump

Juniors
Getting rid of Josh Morris would be a phenomenally bad decision - removing a proven rep star with no off-field problems and great professionalism for Ramien (who for all his potential could never realise it). Unless Moylan is punted and Dugan becomes first choice at fullback, I don't see it working.

1. Dugan
2. Mulitalo
3. Xerri
4. Ramien
5. Morris

snout

First Grade
Morris will go.

Yooin akin is gone from drags and josh will be happy to finish at his dads club.

Xerri.
And Ramien.

That is bombers first choice centre pairing.
100%.

Gals gone and a full preseason will see Bomber start to put his own stamp on the side.

Ronaldo is also part of the starting back 5 nek year.
100%.

Where this leaves duges and moylan?
Who cares.

But surely one gets moved on.
Moylan.
Please.

But ramien is a terrific signing.

Jai arrow next.

A couple of pommies coming as well.

glenmoresharkie

First Grade
Morris will go.

Yooin akin is gone from drags and josh will be happy to finish at his dads club.

Xerri.
And Ramien.

That is bombers first choice centre pairing.
100%.

Gals gone and a full preseason will see Bomber start to put his own stamp on the side.

Ronaldo is also part of the starting back 5 nek year.
100%.

Where this leaves duges and moylan?
Who cares.

But surely one gets moved on.
Moylan.
Please.

But ramien is a terrific signing.

Jai arrow next.

A couple of pommies coming as well.

Agree with this, although I hope we hang on to Josh Morris. You can’t replace his quality and experience. Defensively he shits all over Xerri and Ramien.

snout

First Grade
Yeah he'd be my choice to keep over duges and the cat.

But he is sellable and drags will take him.

The other 2 will be hard to move.
Injury prone.

chewsta

First Grade
Moyza --> the mermaids. Sitting on the sidelines cheering is his cup of coke. (Looks around sheepishly).

txta2

Bench
That's a lot of money. I can understand if he is in beast mode every game...yet to see that

myrrh ken

First Grade
Getting rid of Josh Morris would be a phenomenally bad decision - removing a proven rep star with no off-field problems and great professionalism for Ramien (who for all his potential could never realise it). Unless Moylan is punted and Dugan becomes first choice at fullback, I don't see it working.

1. Dugan
2. Mulitalo
3. Xerri
4. Ramien
5. Morris

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...p/news-story/534d4defb3c98f6ab7beb42e92fd92bd

Well according to Fox and DT we are.

If we are plugging everyone into the backline we will see moyza fb, doogs wing and morris goons