What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Random Tigers articles from the media

gordsy

Juniors
How has Brooks sacrificed so much to stay. No one else would be stupid enough to pay overs for such little reutrn on investment. He is awful for the cash he is getting paid. We all bag Moses but Moses is the better of the two it's just Brooks is far less of a merkin.

Tiger05

First Grade
Brooks is better than Moses but you are setting your standards way too low. Moses is an average half. So is Brooks.
It's cool. You just pay them less and get better players around them.

Tiger05

First Grade
Why is Brooks getting criticism today ?

I can explain it. Some people are really dumb and know nothing at all about footy. Does that explain it to you. It's a test of your intelligence and ability to watch a game of footy. Some pass. Some don't. The dumb f**ks don't.

Seriously the guy is our best player and today was his dud game. He made one mistake with that crap pass but apart from that he was freaken awesome.

Last edited:

macnaz

Staff member
Yeah I would have given him or Laurie MOM .. to say Moses the cat is better is ludicrous, Moses can't ice a game and Brooks is similar.. But Brooks in a shithouse side at least defencely doesn't concide points.
In all honesty imagine Moses if he was in our side the last few seasons , we wouldn't be in a better position except the odd goal kicking win BUT the whinging,stone kicking, blaming shit would be through the roof.

gordsy

Juniors
Moses is a crap defender and a shit bloke but i would rather have him and know what you are getting.
In my opinion it's easier to work with people like that. With Brooks you see some glimpses and patches of good form and the odd glimpse of great form but then you get a maddening amount of crap games, shit goes and apathy.
That said i wouldn't have either in my team.

macnaz

Staff member
Moses is a crap defender and a shit bloke but i would rather have him and know what you are getting.
In my opinion it's easier to work with people like that. With Brooks you see some glimpses and patches of good form and the odd glimpse of great form but then you get a maddening amount of crap games, shit goes and apathy.
That said i wouldn't have either in my team.
I think the worst you get from Brooks is his ability.. never from lack of effort or comittment.. nor do you get bitching , ego , blaming ,arrogance, weakness etc.
Put Luke in that Parra side and tell me he or the side would go backwards?

Ron's_Mate

Bench
Saw Sterlo on the Wrap saying that Brooks will never be a dominant organising half, but he thinks his best is yet to come in a team that has a dominant organiser and Brooks gets to be a running half. Sterlo seemed to think that Douehi can be that. He made the point that Brooks has never had the right structure around him. So perhaps Tigers have to stop trying to turn him into something he's not. Sterlo also had a big wrap on Stefano.

Tigers swap offer to Raiders never happened but NRL executives get creative as deadline looms

League officials have denied an offer from the Tigers to swap halfback Luke Brooks and utility Moses Mbye for Canberra's Josh Hodgson and Origin five-eighth Jack Wighton was ever made.

Foxsports 'journalists' same as all News Corp journalist, no different to the Communist News Network, more commonly known as CNN.

Real news is the disclosure of facts and secrets. Everything else is publicity.
Almost all of the crap described as 'news' in the Western world today, is just publicity. Who pays for that publicity? Big business does.

gordsy

Juniors
I think the worst you get from Brooks is his ability.. never from lack of effort or comittment.. nor do you get bitching , ego , blaming ,arrogance, weakness etc.
Put Luke in that Parra side and tell me he or the side would go backwards?
I watch Brooks and I think of outside of the Storm or the Roosters I don't know if he'd do twice as good with a pack that was twice as good. That's an over simplification but you get my point.

Where I think Brooks could excel is a team like the Storm or the Roosters where he could be a role player.
Ie all you need to do is push up in support and take the heat off Munster or Keary every now and then.

simmo05

Bench
I watch Brooks and I think of outside of the Storm or the Roosters I don't know if he'd do twice as good with a pack that was twice as good. That's an over simplification but you get my point.

Where I think Brooks could excel is a team like the Storm or the Roosters where he could be a role player.
Ie all you need to do is push up in support and take the heat off Munster or Keary every now and then.
The 1 year we didn't have a totally putrid pack, he got halfback of the year. He has played behind pillows his whole career, So I think he has some excuse. I would have left a while ago if I were him, at least the merkin is loyal, I'll give him that!

Sunday Telecrap, News Corp non-journalist Rothfield ‘reports’ today:

’Which player agent has called West’s Tigers at least half-a-dozen times in the past three weeks to push for Michael Maguire’s axing’.

”Spotted, Wouldn’t you think the CEO of an NRL club would put on a collared shirt and jacket when Fox Sports cameras are around for a documentary? The West’s Tigers Justin Pascoe looked more appropriately dressed to mow Leichhardt Oval, not run a multimillion-dollar organisation.”

”Maybe it’s not Michael Maguire’s fault the Tigers keep missing out on big signings. Former Canberra Raiders hooker Simon Woodford - who now coaches in bush footy - blames the club’s general manager of football, Adam Hartigan. “With people like Adam Hartigan (who doesn’t return phone calls and emails) it doesn’t really surprise that they miss out on key targets like Tevita (Pangai Jr)),” Woodford wrote on social media.”

”Poor old Michael Maguire has a new nickname at the Tigers. Some players are calling him David Jones - because he’s always shopping his players. It was revealed last week that half Luke Brooks had been offered to a number of Tigers rivals as has utility back Moses Mybe”.

And this club let Fox Sports into their sheds, I hope the Tigers pocketed heaps of $$$$$’s for the exercise.

Magpies Forever

Juniors
Saw Sterlo on the Wrap saying that Brooks will never be a dominant organising half, but he thinks his best is yet to come in a team that has a dominant organiser and Brooks gets to be a running half. Sterlo seemed to think that Douehi can be that. He made the point that Brooks has never had the right structure around him. So perhaps Tigers have to stop trying to turn him into something he's not. Sterlo also had a big wrap on Stefano.
I would like to see them try Brooks at 9 for a couple of the games. I are not sold on Liddle making the grade and Simpkins is at least another season away. Im not a Brooks fan at 7, but I am a Brooks fan, I would like to see him stay at WT of possible.

I don't know what Simpkins is doing right now
With 30 players in the bubble, I thought the teams in the 8 would be crying out for game time for their reserves (Melbourne are getting it with their Qld feeder club or is that clubs?) The clubs should start a 10 a side, mid week comp between Brisbane & the Goldie just to give the reserve graders a run. Otherwise, these guys will have missed out on a season and a half.

Latest posts