What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rangi Chase

djdragon

Juniors
I watched the highlights package and was very impressed. Very elusive and knows how to set up people outside him. Would add a lot of creativity. Is he available? I thought he was tied up in ESL.

Minh

First Grade
I always rated him and watching highlights he is a brilliant ball runner with good vision, he has actually improved as a player in the ESL. Snap him up quick.

Breathingfire

Juniors
If I was Price or Doust I would be throwing big $$$ at Rangi Chase and if he happens to sign then release Soward. Pair Rangi Chase with Kyle Stanley in the halves and use Fien and Drinkwater as cover. I do not think Soward and Chase would compliment each other very well, not to mention they are both quite small. We can only afford to cover for one of them in defence.

Warrior@Heart

Juniors
I think he's a good player but he pretty much comes in the same mould and style of Jamie Soward, could be good together though.

Cooper-Man

Bench
Chase interested in returning to Dragons

Wednesday, October 10, 2012 - 7:39 PM

Ex-Dragon Rangi Chase is weighing up a return to the NRL next season with St George Illawarra.

The 26-year-old Super League playmaker's move from Castleford to Hull fell through last week due to visa problems, according to the British press.

The 2011 Man of Steel, the award for the Super League's player of the year, told London's Daily Star he was happy to stay at Castleford unless the Dragons put up a good offer.

"I have got a young family so I have to do the best for them, if the deal isn't right, I am happy to stay at Cas," Chase said.

"I fell in love with the club and I still have them close to my heart."

Www.nrl.com

Crescent dragon

Juniors
Why would you bother. Turning the clock back 4 or 5 years. Is he really that good. If you we're going to raid the super league, get Sam Tompkins, he can play. Chase would be in the Cutters by the end of the season

Minh

First Grade
I hope can sign him, looks to have improved as a player too. He was a pretty good player when he played for us, he can create something out of nothing we need that type of player.

RedVDave

First Grade
Was always a massive Rangi Chase fan could be that triangle player Dousty was talking about Hooker/Halves, still to this day can't work out why Browny picked Ben Eliis ahead of him. :lol:

st.phil

Bench
Why would you bother. Turning the clock back 4 or 5 years. Is he really that good. If you we're going to raid the super league, get Sam Tompkins, he can play. Chase would be in the Cutters by the end of the season

He is 26 years old...not 30...he has developed as a player in the UK considerably since leaving NRL. The guy won the man of steel 2011...their dally M - hardly a lightweight dude. Cutters - don't think so.

Joey_dragons

Juniors
Will be a great signing for the club. A brilliant attacking game and speed.
He will make a big difference in our attack as he can create something out of noting.